- Text Size +
For the first few moments they were silent.

AJ broke the silence and said, “Because tonight was our last show until January, Nick decided he wanted to enter into a rehab center as soon as he gets home.”

Ashlee said nothing. The harsh reality of AJ going home just hit her. She had become so comfortable being around him, that she forgot he lived two states away.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he put his arm around her shoulders.

Ashlee sighed and looked at him, “I..I don’t know. All of this has happened so fast. Meeting you, hanging out with you, almost kissing you, finding Nick with drugs..it’s almost surreal. It’s a little hard to handle. Yesterday morning I was a fan, and now..I don’t know what I’m suppose to be.”

Ashlee pushed the down button for the elevator. It open automatically and they both stepped in. She pushed the lobby button and the doors closed. She sat down, cross legged and continued, “Tomorrow morning, I’m going to go back home to my little city of Spokane and you’re going to go to your big city of Malibu or Orlando..or where ever.”

She paused at the thought of this and looked up at AJ. He grabbed her hands and pulled her to her feet so that they were face to face.

“If you think I’m going to leave and never speak to you again, you’re wrong.” He placed a hand on her face and look into her eyes and said with the most sincerity, “There is something that I like about you Ashlee, and I am not going to let you go.”

Ashlee stared into his deep brown eyes and at that moment she knew that there was something about him also.

The elevator came to a stop. They both watched it opened and they both reached for they highest level button. They looked back at each other and smiled. AJ quickly turned back to the button and pushed it.

“I win,” he said with a smile.

Ashlee smiled back, “You shit head.”

AJ laughed then looked back at her. And as the elevator started to go up, they closed their eyes and shared a kiss that neither one of them had experienced before, full of honesty, trust and passion. When the elevator stopped, they stopped and looked at each other. The door opened and they walked out hand in hand in silence. There was nothing more to be said.