- Text Size +
Mia woke up and found Ashlee sleeping in the chair. What time did she get back last night? She got out of bed and went over to Ashlee, “ Ashlee?” she said quietly as she nudged on her arm. “Leeloz? What are you doing in the chair?”

Ashlee woke up suddenly as the events of last night came quickly rushing to her mind.

“Oh my God. Meemolz,” she got up and pulled Mia to the bed and sat down next to her. “Um, look. A lot happened last night..” And Ashlee told Mia everything that happened the night before.

“Wow.”

“Yea. So, I really don’t know what I’m going to do. I was perfectly content at home and now my entire life has been shaken upside down.”

“Honey, everything happens for a reason, remember that.”

“Yea, I know.” Ashlee got up and looked out the window. “I just don’t want to get hurt again. I know about Alex’s past, and..I don’t know. I’m just scared.”

Mia walked over to her and put her arm around Ashlee’s shoulders, “It will be okay.”

Just then there was a knock at the door. Ashlee looked at Mia and walked to the door. She opened it up to see Nick standing there, tears rolling down his cheeks.

“I..um..” he looked down at his feet, choking on his words. “I’m sorry.” he whispered.

Ashlee’s eyes welled up with tears, “I know exactly how you feel. And it will get better. And..I know we really don’t know each other at all, but I am here for you. I know first hand, how you’re feeling. I’ve been there. Anything you need Nick, I’m here for you.”

Nick looked up and smiled weakly, “Thank you.”

Ashlee reached up an hugged him, “Everything happens for a reason.”

Nick nodded and let go. He looked at her with his broken, blue eyes and smiled slightly, then walked away. She leaned up against the door frame and slid down and sat on the floor. She put her head in her hands and cried silently.

“Ash, are you okay?” Mia asked as she walked over to her.

“Yea. I’ll be fine,” and she looked down the hall to see AJ walking toward her.

“Hey beautiful,” he said with a smile. He sat down next to her.

“I’ll uuh, go get some breakfast,” and Mia walked down the hall.

Ashlee looked at AJ and smiled, “Hi.”

He kissed her softly on the lips, “How are you this morning?”

She sighed and cuddled up into his arms, “Well. I’m not quite sure. I’m rattled by the whole Nick thing..but. Other then that I’m okay.”

AJ sighed and put his head on hers, “I know how you feel.”

They sat there for a good couple minutes in complete silence.

“Look, the other guys are going to fly with Nick to Florida to take him home and get him what he needs, and I know that you and Mia are suppose to go home today, but why don’t you two stay here and hang out with me?”

“Oh, I can’t. I have to go home today. But Ashlee can stay here.”

Mia walked over to the chair a sat down with a plate loaded with food.

Ashlee removed herself from AJ’s embrace and looked at her with disbelief.

“No you don’t. You have nothing going..”

“Yes. I do.” She looked at Ashlee with eyes wider then the donuts on her plate. “And I should probably start packing now. You two..go have fun. Just be back here at three so you can take me to the air port.”

Ashlee looked at AJ and noticed the slight grin on his face as he looked away. She turned to Mia and Mia smiled and winked.

“Ash, you should probably, like, get ready or something. Pretty sure it’s the negatives out there.”

Ashlee laughed, “Oh yea.”

“Haha! Me too. Just meet me at my room in 20 minutes, kay?”

“Okay,” Ashlee smiled and watched him walk out the door.
She gathered up her clothes and walked to the bathroom and shut the door. She paused for a moment then opened the door again.

“Thanks, Meemolz.”

“You’re welcome, Leelolz.”