- Text Size +
Nick looked over at Lindsey and opened his mouth to speak, but changed his mind. They had been driving for about fifteen minutes, and neither one of them had said anything.

Nick sighed and looked out the window.

Lindsey glanced at Nick.

“You like her don’t you?”

Nick looked at her in shock.

“I...uhm. I don’t...no. Well, I thought I did...I mean.” Nick sighed. “It’s not like, ‘Ohmygod I want to do marry you.’ I care for her. She’s one of my best friends’ girl friend and she helped save me. I don’t want her to make the same mistake twice, especially after what she helped me through.”

“You’re a nice guy, Rock Star. I was expecting you to be like, ‘Hell yea, if she wasn’t dating AJ…’”

Nick shot her an annoying look.

“Just because I’m a rock start, doesn’t necessarily mean I’m a complete ass hole.”

“We’re here.” Lindsey put the car into park and turned off the engine. “Well, I’m glad you’re not, but you’re going to need to be here in two seconds.”

“Where are we?”

“Jacob’s, her ex-boyfriend’s.”

“I thought they were done?”

“They were, but he is also one of the best dealers in town.”

“Shit,” Nick said quietly.

They got out of the car and walked up to the door. Lindsey knocked on the door.

“Hey Jake, it’s Linds.”

“Don’t answer it,” they heard someone say.

Nick turned to Lindsey, “Friends?”

“My business is none of yours.”

“Hey you,” the young man said as he opened the door. He leaned out and gave Lindsey a kiss.

Nick raised his eyebrows at Lindsey.

“Nick, this is Jacob.”

“Um, hi.” Nick said awkwardly as he shook Jacob’s hand.

“Hi,” Jacob said as he stepped out and closed the door. “I was hoping you got my text. She came here, and she just wanted something light. I told that if was just a one time thing…”

“You WHAT?!” Nick said loudly. “Excuse me.”

Nick pushed his way passed Jacob and opened the door.

“Ashlee! What the hell are you doing?”

Ashlee looked up from the table. Nick could tell that she hadn’t done anything yet. He let out a slight sigh in relief.

Ashlee looked back down at the pipe she was just about to inhale from. What am I doing? Her eyes began to fill with tears.

“Oh, Nick.” She said quietly and she put her head in her hands.

Nick rushed over to her and pulled her in close.

“It’s okay. You’re going to be okay. I’m sorry Mia’s gone, but you not alone, okay? You have me. And Alex. And the rest of us. You’re not alone.”

“I’m so sorry! I didn’t do anything yet. I just…” She sobbed.

“I know. I know you didn’t. It’s fine. Come on. Let’s go to the hotel.”

He stood up and helped Ashlee to her feet.

“I seriously cannot believe that you were going to let that happen, Jacob. I’m done. I can’t do this anymore. You don’t care about anyone except yourself. Good bye.”
Nick and Ashlee stepped outside just as Lindsey stormed off the porch. Nick looked at Jacob in disgust and led Ashlee to the car.


“Thank you again,” Nick said just before he shut the door.

“You’re welcome, Rock Star. Thank you for helping her.”

“No problem.” Nick shut the door and waved as she drove off.

He turned to Ashlee and smiled lightly.

“C ‘mon. There’s some people who, I’m sure would like to see you.”