- Text Size +
Abbi sighed as her Friday rehearsal had come up...it was the last one they were gonna have, she was kinda sad. She walked in and he was already there, she smiled as she watched him practice in front of the mirror. She let out a soft giggle, which made him turn around. She gasped lightly and covered her mouth. He smiled bashfully at her, she tilted her head a little and smiled-“You were doing good!”
He walked over to her and hugged her-“Thank you for doing this for me.”
She hugged him back and closed her eyes taking in more of his smell, then responded-“Your welcome.”
After that without anymore words, she turned the radio on and began to dance. Their bodies moved in the same rhythm, apart at first doing their own thing. Soon she was standing in front of him as they danced to salsa/R&B songs, he pulled her back to where she could lean on him. His hand was resting on her waist softly as he moved her with his own rhythm. He was in control now, she was no longer leading him or teaching him. This was his own thing, she just went along with it. She tilted her head back when she felt him move, she got caught up in the moment. She turned around and threw one arm over his shoulder. She looked into his eyes, he was so concentrated. She laughed and whispered-“Relax.” He looked at her, she shook her head and smirked as she took his other hand and moved it to the small of her back, then whispered again-“Close your eyes and just go with the flow.” He closed his eyes, she sighed as he took control again. When the song ended, he dipped her and looked into her eyes. She closed hers, waiting for it...but it didn’t come. He put her back up and stepped away. She opened her eyes and looked over at him as he was drinking water.
He smiled-“Man, I am going to make Veronica puddy in my arms!”
Abbi came back to reality-“Veronica...right. Yes, you will totally have her by the end of the night.”
She turned away from him to put her cd’s up, she bit the inside of her lips and sighed. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist-“You ok Ace?”
She closed her eyes tightly and nodded-“Yea just tired.”
He turned her around-“Thank you Abbi, you don’t know how much this means to me.”
She smiled-“No problem.”
He bit the inside of his lip, she smiled when she realized he did it too. He looked at her-“Can you do me one more favor?”
She looked at him-“What?”
Nick took in a deep breath-“Will you be there tomorrow, at the club? Please?”
She was taken back by his request-“I don’t know Nick, it would be weird, I’d be like the third wheel.”
He pleaded, not moving his arms from her waist-“Please Abbi? I would feel much more confident if you were there. Take AJ or something...please?”
She looked at him, how could she say no to those baby blues-“Alright! I’ll see if AJ and the girls wanna go.”
He jumped up-“YES! Thank you!”
She looked at her watch-“We gotta go, we will be leaving soon.”
They left the dance studio and took a cab together to the hotel. When she reached the tour bus, she watched Nick walk up to Veronica. She smiled at him and let him woo her. Abbi sighed,-“Why can’t he be into me like that?”
The next night, after the concert the girls went back to the hotel to get ready. Then headed out to the club where they would meet the boys. The humid Houston air hit Abbi in the face when they walked out of the rental car. She sighed as she looked at Veronica...she looked really pretty, Nick was gonna lover her outfit. Then she looked down at her own outfit and shook her head. When they walked in the boys had already ordered drinks. They sat down and talked for a while, then a good song came on, Nick smiled and winked at Abbi. She smiled back, then watched him whisper something to Veronica. She looked at him and nodded, then he took her hand and walked her out onto the dance floor. Immediately he began dancing and moving with the flow. Abbi leaned her face on her hand, AJ watched her-“You ok Abbi?”
Abbi nodded, then stopped and shook her head-“No.”
AJ scooted closer to her so he could talk-“Nick told me you helped him learn how to dance to impress my cousin. That was very nice of you, but something tells me Nick is dancing with the wrong girl right now huh?”
Abbi looked at AJ, then looked down-“Oh AJ, it was just so strange and perfect at the same time! At first, yea he was clumsy and stepped on me a few times but then...it was just so smooth. He would move with the music and just take me in his arms. No words would be said when we would dance, it was like a silent pact we were creating. I guess I just kept forgetting that it was all for her.”
AJ shook his head and wrapped his arm around her shoulder-“Aww come here hun.”
She sighed in his arms, as she leaned her head in his chest. Roxy walked by with this really cute guy-“Hey guys...you gonna dance? Abbi there are A LOT of hotties here tonight.”
Abbi laughed as she walked away with the cutie-“I see that!”
Darcy and Allie were behind Roxi with their own latin hotties. Abbi shook her head as she laughed at them. She looked at AJ-“Will you be my hottie for the night?”
AJ smiled and nodded as he took her hand-“I would be honored.”
As they walked out, Veronica came back to put her jacket up and grabbed Abbi’s arm-“OH wow Abbi I was totally wrong about Nick! He is a great dancer, and smooth and sweet. Thank you so much for convincing me to go out with him.”
Abbi smiled-“OH see I told you. You just gotta give him a chance.”
She turned back to Nick and smiled at Abbi as she walked over to him and was immediately in his arms again. AJ looked at Abbi-“Sorry.”
Abbi groaned-“Ugh AJ why did you have to bring her here.”
He laughed-“Come on, lets dance.” They began dancing to the songs, she was starting to have fun. She danced with AJ and laughed when the other girls came around and danced with them. A slow song came on and the girls turned to their guys and began slow dancing. Abbi turned to AJ and smiled, he held out his hands, she walked into them and put her head on his shoulder. In the middle of the song, Abbi looked up and saw Nick leaning in for a kiss. Veronica smiled at him, and kissed him. Abbi felt sick, she looked down into AJ’s chest, then up at him-“I wanna leave.”
He looked down-“You sure?” Then he looked up and saw Nick and Veronica still locked into their kiss,-“Ohh...ok come on I’ll go back with you.”
She shook her head-“No, AJ you stay here, find some hot girl to dance with and have a good time. You would get bored back at the hotel anyways. Go have a good time.”
He walked with her-“No Abbi, I’ll go back with you. Its ok.”
She stopped-“NO! You stay here, I will not have your night ruined because of my girly nonsense.” She smiled-“I’ll be fine. I promise.”
He looked at her and nodded-“OK, I’ll stay but at least let me walk you to the cab.”
She gave him the keys to the rental-“Give these to Roxi, unless she is too drunk to drive then you drive them back.”
He smiled-“Will do. See ya later.” He kissed her forehead-“Get some rest.”