- Text Size +
Nick grabbed Abbi’s arm as they ran into the building. The security guard made everyone sit against the wall since they didn’t have enough time to run into the ballroom. Nick glanced over at the other guys that had taken one of the girls into their arms. Abbi was curled up in a little ball in his arms, he placed a hand on her head guarding it from flying debris. There was very loud rumbling all around them, Abbi clenched Nick’s shirt as she shut her eyes tightly. When the rumbling sound died down, the security guy stood up-“Ok, its safe to get up now.”
Nick got up and reached down to help Abbi-“You ok?”
She looked around and nodded as she dusted off some powder. Roxi was helped up by Howie and she smiled-“Wow, that was insane.”
Darcy sighed-“I hate tornados, you know I couldn’t watch Twister?”
AJ stood next to her as he looked at her-“What? Are you serious?”
Darcy laughed-“No, I liked that movie.”
They looked around at the broken windows and the all kinds of debris on the floors. The hotel manager walked out of the ballroom and sighed-“Looks like we have work to do.”
Abbi looked at him-“We can help. We don’t have to be up early tomorrow so we can stay up and help.”
The manager turned to her-“You are very kind, but we can handle it love. You go upstairs and check your rooms, make sure its still there. The hotel will take care of any ruined items, just make a list and bring it down. Again thank you for the offer though.”
She gave him a warm smile-“Ok, but if you change your mind, you know where we are.”
The manager smiled and turned to the staff who was already heading to the cleanin supply closet. Abbi turned towards the elevators where everyone was heading, but was stopped by the security guard-“Sorry guys, but the power’s not back yet so you will have to take the stairs. Emergency lights are turned on in all the floors.” They headed back up to the their rooms and checked their stuff.
It was time for the concert, Abbi was feeling a little light headed, but she pushed that feel away. She smiled as she fixed her outfit and turned to the girls. Ashley poked her head into the dressing room-“Ready girls? You are on in like 5 minutes.”
Roxi nodded-“Sure are! We are just gonna pray and we’ll be out in a bit.”
After their quick prayer, the girls grabbed the last touched to the outfits. Nick poked his head in-“Hey cutie, ready?”
Abbi smiled as he walked up and kissed her. She felt like she could melt in his arms-“Yes sir.”
Nick wrapped his arms around her waist-“What are you doing after the show?”
She smiled-“I might go out with this really cute guy, who tours with me.”
He laughed, Darcy turned from the door-“Brian’s coming!”
Nick stepped away from Abbi and walked out. Brian walked in shortly after-“Ok girls, you know what is up the next week right? You have a children’s concert, Kid’s Choice Awards, AND the Teen Choice Awards. You are performing in both AND we start the video shoot for your next single WHICH you still have to choose.”
Allie crossed her arms-“Isn’t that Ashley’s job? To tell us what we have to do?”
Brian laughed-“Yea I took a sneak peak at her agenda.”
Nick walked in with this really small blonde girl, he played with her-“Hey guys, say hi to Jenny. She is my guest for tonight. Say hi Jenny.”
He smiled at her, it was fake, Abbi could tell, everyone could tell except Brian cuz it was to fool him. To keep from getting suspicious. Abbi still felt a tinge of jealousy. Ashley poked her head in again-“OK girls your up!”
The girls nodded and headed out to the stage. They did their first song, then their small intros. During the second song, Abbi started feeling light headed again, she stopped singing and thought to herself-“Come on girl, what is wrong with you? Make this feeling go away!” She breathed heavily, then stopped and took longer breaths. She looked around at the girls who hadn’t noticed she had stopped. Roxi sang her part then turned to Abbi as it was her turn. Abbi looked at her and put a hand on her head. Then it got blurry and she felt herself fall back.
Roxi yelled-“ABBI!”
The music stopped, the fans were quiet. Nick was the first one out there, he slid next to Abbi’s limp body-“Abbi? Abbi wake up Ace!”
Darcy yelled-“SOMEONE GET AN AMBULENCE!!”
Allie stood back calling for Brian. He ran up with a cold towel to place on her head. Soon the paramedics got there and took her to the hospital. When they reached the hospital, they waited for the doctor to come out. When he did, Roxi, Brian, and Nick were the first ones to reach him. The doctor looked at them-“Ok well I can’t give random people information. Who are you guys?”
Roxi looked at the doctor-“I’m her sister.”
Brian nodded-“I’m her cousin.”
Nick looked at Brian, he hesitated-“I’m her boyfriend.”
Brian shot a glare at Nick in disbelief.