- Text Size +
"So when are we meeting again to plan for the video singles?" Nick asked relaxing himself in the cushion beside AJ.
"Maybe, Friday?" Kevin looked questioningly at the group.
"We need to stop this bull shit." AJ sweared putting his hands on top of his head in exasperation.
"Excuse me," Howie replied dismissively, "but we still have to succeed as a group.".
"Do you call this a group?" AJ asked exasperatedly, "Do you call this the Backstreet Boys? Howie, Kevin, AJ, and Nick? Shouldn't we do all this together?".
"Brian's still one of us, AJ." Kevin replied, "he just needs more time to reflect.".
"Aren't we suppose to be by his side in the first place?" AJ interrupted Kevin, "Aren't we suppose to help him up whenever he is down? I know you guys want to five him time to rest, but really, guys, excluding him from the group permanently? I mean, it's not like you guys anymore.".
Nick listened to the argument that AJ, Howie, and Kevin were having. The words that AJ said reflected his very own thoughts.
"Brian shouldn't be left out. You know, it would only make him feel worse about himself if you permanently discard him from us. It is totally not BSB to just discard someone." Nick in his mind wanted to shout at them, but fortunately, because of his self-control, he was able to keep his thoughts to himself.
"We're not permanently discarding him," Howie commented, "We've decided that we will plan for this without Brian for awhile. Then we could get his opinion after he feels better about himself.".
"Then when will he feel better about himself?" Nick asked, his anger finally taking over him.
Silence suddenly fell on the group. Nick looked uncomfortably at AJ, Howie, and Kevin thinking that he had somehow triggered a heartstring in them by asking that question.
After several moments of silence, Kevin finally told the group silently, "I think we would have to leave him out of our activities until he gets better.".
"You can't just leave him out like that!" Nick shouted in reply to what Kevin just told them.
"But he doesn't have the strength, you know." Kevin replied.
"Nick has a point, you know." AJ told Kevin. "If Brian misses out on our next video single, he may not be able to be in the rest of the videos with us, unless we postpone it." Nick said.
"Exactly, I don't want to postpone it." Kevin insisted. "Cool down, guys." Howie told Nick and Kevin, who had their fists clutched.
Slowly, as if on cue, AJ and Nick stood up and left Kevin and Howie sitting on the cushions.
"Why do we have to be so divided?" Nick asked himself in frustration knowing that he himself can't answer it.