- Text Size +
When they saw Brian fall forward, Kevin and Howie, who were two of the nearest waded to Brian. Nick and AJ followed behind. Brian was gradually being dragged deeper into the ocean by the waves, so Kevin, who was less than one meter away from Brian burst his energy and swam to him. He put an arm on Brian who was already sinking. Howie waded towards them and helped Kevin drag Brian to land. When they finally reached solid ground, Brian began vomiting out salt water. Nick's mind drifted to a time when an incident happened to Brian because of him. His stomach churned with guilt and he tried to push these troubling thoughts aside and instead, focus on reviving Brian.
Finally, after several minutes of vomiting saltwater, Brian blinked his eyes open and tried to sit up.
"No way, man, you gotta rest." AJ said pushing him back, "You had a pretty close call, you know.".
Brian forced a smile and looked at those around him. Everyone looked back at him showing an expression of worry.
"What's up, guys?" Brian asked weakly trying to sit up again.
Kevin told Brian, "You need to rest. You've had a pretty exhausting day.".
"Yeah," Howie replied, "I think you should just rest for a while. We'll film the other scenes first.".
"Thanks." Brian replied as he was wrapped with towels by the prop committee.

The ride going back to the hotel was quiet. Nick finally broke that silence by asking, "What scenes will be filmed first?". Jason looked at Nick replying, "You and Howie will film first, but since it's already late, I'll pull it off till tomorrow. From then we can concentrate, can we?". Everyone nodded muttering a yes, but Nick noticed that Brian wasn't listening. He put an arm around Brian and whispered, "Everything's going to be fine, B-rok. You may not feel it at this very moment, but your son is being looked after. Everything's going to be alright.". Though Nick was also unsure of the solution to his situation, he wanted to encourage Brian. As Nick looked back at Brian, he noticed that he was weeping on the windowsill. "It's okay, B-rok. We've been on this together." Nick comforted Brian. "Is there something more to this than what you're telling me?" Nick asked patting Brian on the back. Brian tried to hide his face from Nick, not wanting to tell about the argument that he and Leighanne had last night.
"What's wrong with you, Brian?" Leighanne's voice echoed in his head, "Baylee's white count decreased dramatically. Why can't you just tell them to cancel the shooting and come here so that you'll be able to take care of him.". Brian furrowed his brow in frustration. He knew that all his band mates will be disappointed if he would tell them that. Then his cellphone rang. He pressed the answer button without knowing the caller, "I'm here right now in the marriage counseling office signing the divorce papers." Leighanne's voice spoke with frustration in her voice. "what? Do you know what you're doing, Leighanne?" Brian asked in rage. "Yes, I know what I am doing. I have a reason for doing this. You're too obsessed in that video that you don't even think of your own son." Leighanne shouted in the phone. "No. Please, Leigh, we could settle this and I'll meet you in the hospital." Brian pleaded, fresh tears coming from his eyes. ". "You know I can't, Brian. I've given you the last chance before. I'm never going to see you again." Leighanne said in a serious tone and hang-up. Brian lay his hand in the seat head rest and silently tried to keep back the tears that were slowly falling down his face.