- Text Size +
Nick could feel the hairs behind his neck go up as the snake pounced. Snap! Nick expected to feel the sudden pain of the fangs on his neck but instead, he saw the snake dangling in mid-air, it's fangs bit hard into a branch which Howie was holding. Howie winked at Nick. Howie finally threw the branch as far as he could. They saw the snake slither away.
"Thanks Howie, I thought I was dead for good." Nick grinned weakly.
"That was no problem." Howie replied, "we didn't want to see you dead.".
Then for a while, silence overtook them. They thought of what they should do with Brian.
AJ finally spoke up, "I think we should bring Brian to the hospital. Sorry for contradicting you guys." he told Nick and Howie.
"Yeah," Kevin said.
Finally, after almost two hours in the desert, AJ helped Nick carry Brian to Nick's car. AJ, Nick, and Brian would be riding in Nick's car while Kevin and Howie would be following along in Kevin's car.

As they reached the hospital, they brought Brian to the emergency room, where he was immediately treated. The rest looked on hopefully that Brian's injury was not worse.
"I hope Brian's okay." Nick expressed his thoughts to the group, which reflected what they were thinking about.
"Yeah," Kevin replied. "I hope we could be out of here as soon as possible.".
"I think we should also help Brian." AJ commented somberly.
"Yeah, I've noticed that he's been having a hard time." Howie replied.
"I've never seen Brian this distressed before," Nick said ruffling his hair, "it just makes me guilty because I've never been a good friend to him.".
He hid his face with his hands and hunched his back, aware that he was about to cry.
"It's okay, Nick." AJ told him patting him on the back, "It's not your fault.".
Suddenly, Dr. Parker approached them carrying a clipboard with Brian's medical prescription.
"Um... I'm sorry to interrupt you guys." Dr. Parker began cautiously, aware of the fact that Nick was crying.
"No, it's okay." Kevin replied standing up and shaking his hand.
Dr. Parker didn't expect this and smiled while Kevin shook his hand.
"Brian has a wound on his head, which I think you clearly know." Dr. Parker told the group, "He must have fallen pretty hard, which could explain the severe bleeding that he had and his unconsciousness...".
"How is his condition now?" Howie interrupted, "Is he okay?".
"He's awake now." Dr. Parker replied smiling. "He is okay, but..." Dr. Parker paused looking intently at the group, "he shouldn't stress his voice too much.".
"What do you mean by that?" Nick asked his tear-stricken face looking at Dr. Parker.
"He can't sing, dummy." AJ replied nudging him in the shoulder.
"But...." Dr. Parker interrupted, "he is recommended to relax his voice for at least one week. The testings show that he has been suffering from faintness. This could be caused from lack of sleep. There is also a soar throat developing in him.".
Nick's eyes filled with tears.
"If I had been with Brian more, I could have prevented this from happening." he thought.

Brian woke up after what seemed like hours in a strange environment. He realized then that he was in the hospital.
"It's okay, jut relax." a person gently pushed him down when he tried to sit up.
Brian's thoughts were then drifted to what happened previously before he became unconscious. He was thinking about the problems that he was having, and then he saw flashes of light.
His thoughts were broken when Nick, Howie, AJ, and Kevin entered the room. He noticed that Nick had been crying by his red eyes. Now he was wearing one of those smiles where he would try to hide his inner emotions.
Since they've been together for so long, they could discern the feelings that each had.
"How are you, B-rok?" AJ asked grinning.
"I'm fine." Brian said trying again effortlessly to sit up.
"Whoa, hoa, Brian, you gotta relax." Kevin said.
Brian then stopped and continued to lie down, because he didn't have the energy to sit up.
"Brian, we have something to tell you." Howie began nervously .
Brian looked expectantly at them waiting for Howie to continue. When his eyes finally met Nick's, he could finally tell by the expression in his face that what he is about to hear is bad news.
"We decided that you should rest for one week." Howie finished waiting for the reply that Brian would give..
"Yeah, sure." Brian replied, relieved that it wasn't something worse.
Then he thought about their tour, and the two video singles which was yet to be filmed. His heart ached and he felt guilty for letting down his band mates.
"Are you guys fine without me?" Brian asked concerned.
"Yeah," Kevin replied, "we would be organizing the parts for the two video singles.".
rian lay back in the hospital bed, exhausted, but he knew that there was something that they weren't telling him by the looks that they gave him.