- Text Size +
Everyone sat in the conference room of the hotel, waiting impatiently. AJ squirmed in his chair-“Kev, why are we all here? I am so freakin nervous.”
Brian looked at AJ, then at Kevin-“Yea, did he say wat this was about?”
Kevin shook his head-“No, he just said have everyone meet in the conference room, he should be here shortly.”
Nick walked into the room, everyone stood up talking at the same time-“What’s wrong Nick?” “What happened Nick?” “Are you ok Nick?” “Is Lexy ok?”
Nick motioned with his hands for all of them to calm down and sit, as he got ready to talk-“Ok, I’m sorry to keep you guys waiting. There was traffic. Now, do you remember Ana, my exgirlfriend?”
Brian laughed-“Yea, the cute brunette?” Leighanne looked at him and smacked his arm.
Nick smiled weakly-“Yea, well she came to me today claiming that she just had a baby and it was mine.”
Howie’s face got serious-“Well it couldn’t be yours. She was sleeping around with other people, that’s why you dumped her.”
Nick looked at Howie-“That’s wat I said. So we went and got the baby tested to see if it was mine.” Then Lexy walked into the room with the baby in her arms, everyone gasped.
Kevin got up-“Oh Nick.”
Nick put his hand up-“I know, I know. Ana said that she had a new boyfriend who was gonna take her all around the world, and that the baby would just get in the way. So I told her too bad, it’s her child, I’ll give her child support money. But she shook her head and said that if I didn’t take it then she would leave it in the parking lot or at some park alone. So I had to bring it.”
Kevin was enraged-“Nick! This is incredible! IT’S A CHILD! NOT SOME PUPPY OR KITTEN YOU FIND IN THE STREET!!”
Lexy looked at him-“But it’s a baby! We couldn’t just leave it!”
Kevin glared at her, almost as if blaming her-“BUT IT’S A HUGE RESPONSIBILITY!!”
Nick stepped in front of Lexy, glaring back at Kevin totally surprising him calmly-“But it’s MY baby.”
Kristin got frustrated, being the leader’s wife she felt as thought she got that position too-“ENOUGH! Kevin is right it is a big responsibility! But Nick is also right, even more in fact. It is his child therefore he did have a responsibility to take the baby. You of all people should understand Kevin! You were right, it’s not like a puppy or kitten on the side of the road. Unlike them, this child could starve and die. I am very proud of Nick and Lexy for taking in this responsibility. Being the two youngest of the group, they did something very right today. Now Leighanne and I will help take care of the baby during the show, and when you and Lexy are busy right?”
Leighanne nodded with a smile, then Marley stood up-“I will start interviewing people to be the on the road nanny.”
Kristin smiled-“Good Idea Marley! See Kevin, we are all here to help them, we are a family that’s what we do.”
Kevin sighed, he knew his wife was completely right-“I’m sorry guys, I guess I just freaked out.”
Brian stood up-“Um...Ladies can we have a moment to talk just the five of us? Please?” The girls nodded, and walked out the door, Brian waited for the girls to be outside to continue-“OK guys. This is a new situation for us. What we don’t realize is that it is a new task that God has placed for us, to test us and Nick. It tested Nick to see if he would sacrifice his own blood for his career. You passed by the way(He smiled at Nick). Now it also tests us, to see if we will come closer, and help each other out, in which we are doing that. Kev as much as we hate to admit it, our little brother is maturing. Today he made the biggest most mature move in his life, he accepted the responsibility to take in and care for his own child. I am very very proud of you Nick.” He walked over and hugged Nick, then followed AJ, Howie, and Kevin was last when he hugged them they stood there for a minute. Then they heard-“Awww! How touching, a backstreet hug!” The guys turned around as the girls laughed, they finally all loosened up and looked at the baby. Kevin sighed-“So do you have her papers?”
Nick nodded-“Yes, she gave me her birth certificate. There were adoption papers, but two people needed to sign so Lexy signed also. We dropped them off at the post office on the way over. I also made her sign a note saying she was not going to be able to take her back at any time for what ever reason. She is all set, she is mine Kevin.”
AJ smiled and walked over to Lexy-“So does SHE have a name?”
Lexy nodded as she looked down-“Yep, guys say hello to Ms. Emma Carter.” They all walked over to her and started gooin and awing the sleeping baby. Lisa smiled-“Wow Nick, she really looks just like you.”
Nick nodded as he stood next to Lexy looking down at the baby. Kristin laughed-“I believe we have some shopping to do Lexy. We need a crib, a car seat, a new stroller because I can just imagine what piece of crap stroller Ana left you, and bottles, and toys.”
Then Leighanne got excited-“And CLOTHES! Aww little dresses, we have to go now guys. We will be back by sound check. Let’s go girls.” Toni, Lisa, Marley, Leighanne, Kristin, and Lexy walked out of room, leaving the guys laughing and shaking their heads. Howie chuckled-“I told you those girls go shopping for any occasion!”