- Text Size +
After calming down and showering, Lexy wakled out and sat on the couch, it was late but she refused to go to bed incase he called again. Eveyone including a few cops were staying in Lexy and Nick’s suite. Nick went over to the couch-“Baby, go to sleep, at least for a little while. I will let you wake you up if he calls. I promise.” She drowsily shook her head. Lisa stood up and motioned for Marley and Toni to help her get Lexy up. She didn’t fight it anymore, the four girls went to sleep in Nick and Lexy’s bed. 48 hours later, there was another call, telling Nick that he wanted 2.5 million dollars in another 48 hours. Nick agreed, he wanted his baby girl back and was willing to do anything for her. Lexy looked at Nick, everyone looked worn out, they all had huge bags under their eyes.Lexy had eaten very little in the past 4 days. She sat near the phone most of the time, the man called again telling Nick where to go with out cops. The day had finally come, Nick and Lexy stood near a bridge alone, with the money. Thirty minutes later, a car pulled up 30 feet away. A man got out looking around then reached into the car and pulled out a blanket wrapped around something. Lexy’s heart skipped a beat, she had to contain herself from running over and grabbing the baby. She clenched Nick’s arm and could feel his arm get tighter too. His face was covered as he walked up to put the baby on the floor next to the suit case they had left on the bridge. He did not take his eyes off of Nick and Lexy, they just glared. He walked away, after he was far away from the baby, Lexy ran to Emma to make sure she was ok. She started crying as she saw the baby, was awake and fine. Nick wrapped his arms around Lexy who was rocking back and forth with the baby in her arms. Suddenly four men walked up to the man, and threw him against the car. They were cops undercover as normal people, they had arrested the man. Lexy held Emma as Nick walked over to shake the cops hands for all their help. When they got back to the hotel, Lisa, Marley, and Toni hugged Lexy and the baby. Nick smiled as he was hugged by Brian and AJ.
The Next day, they received an invitation to be on Oprah to explain their experience. Marley talked to Nick about it, and they agreed to appear on the show. Oprah was doing the show on Kidnaping for ransom. She was very moved with the way the kidnappers worked to get their money. She brought out Alexia and Nick, to speak about their feelings and fears they felt through out the whole week. Lexy even teared up when she began talking about her fear of not finding her baby alive. Nick spoke about how the fans were very supportive and understanding. He also thanked the media on how great and helpful they were. Oprah also had tears when Marley brought out Emma. Lexy held the baby as Nick smiled at her making adorable faces at her. Oprah held the baby as they continued talking about how lucky they were that the man did bring her back alive. They also talked about how the tour was going to start, Then all five guys sang a song dedicated to Emma, and all the children that have been kidnaped.
Darkness falls
I thought I heard you call
Or was it just a dream?
I’m a little scared knowing you're out there
So far away from me

Its been so long
Since you’ve been gone
Every day I miss you more
Now I wanna know
Why did you have to go?
What were you looking for?

And I hope you find your way,
But I can’t wait to say

You’re home now, not alone now
These arms are here to hold you
Don’t need to be afraid
So come in cause I've been waiting for the moment
To open up this door and I know that it’s not much
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart

So you lost your way but that’s yesterday
And I don’t care where you’ve been
Cause every step you've taking since you left
Has brought you back again
And I hope you see it clear
My love has always been right here

You’re home now, not alone now
These arms are here to hold you
Don’t need to be afraid So come in cause I've been waiting for the moment
To open up this door and I know that it’s not much Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart

I’m glad you found your way
And I hope you are here to stay
oooooooh
(Near the end of the song, Lexy brought Emma on stage to Nick. The guys let him sing the last chorus alone. Tears fell from his eyes as he looked down at the smiling baby. When he finished the chorus, he hugged her.)
You’re home now, not alone now
These arms are here to hold you
Don’t need to be afraid
So come in cause I've been waiting for the moment
To open up this door and I know that it’s not much
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
Welcome to my heart
There was not a dry eye in the audience. The show ended with the guys inviting Oprah to their Halloween Party.