- Text Size +
Brian stood, the next morning, beside the kitchen counter. He looked wearily at the kitchen clock, revealing the time. It was 6’ o clock in the morning and he felt tired after his almost sleepless night. He brought out the stress pills that were given out by the doctor and drank it accompanied by a glass of water. He felt the pills run down his throat as he thought thoughtfully. He began to wonder if there was something wrong with him.
“Daddy, what time is it?” he heard a small voice ask him.
“It’s early, Baylee, why are you awake?” Brian asked him, carrying him.
“The sun woke me up.” Baylee pointed at the patio doors revealing the bright ray of sunshine which was coming in the room.
“Okay.” Brian replied sleepily.
He felt very tired and there was still that provoking and uneasy feeling in him.
He remembered going to a therapist so he would be able to deal with his emotions a lot easier.
“Whenever you find yourself in a happy situation, enjoy it. Don’t ever go back to the part or think about the future. Tomorrow can come and go, but today can be different.” he remembered the therapist telling him.
But at that present moment, Brian struggled to believe those words. He currently felt that he was falling in a deep abyss with no bottom…
The ringing of the phone momentarily interrupted his troubling thoughts.
“Hello?” Brian spoke rather groggily into the phone.
“Hello, did I wake you up, Brian?” he heard Dan Muckala’s voice on the other line.
“No.” Brian replied to his question.
“I just wanted to make a change on the time we’re suppose to meet today.”.
“There’s recording today?” Brian thought tiredly.
He had completely forgotten about recording after the recent events that happened to him.
“So what time are we meeting?” Brian asked Dan finally.
“Let’s say, 9’o clock this morning?”
“That’s even worser than the time we suggested on.” Brian thought to himself but told Dan, “Sure, there’s no problem about the time.”.
“So I’ll see you then, okay?”.
“yeah.”.
“Bye.”.
“Bye.”.
Brian hang up thankfully but nervously. He didn’t know how he would be able to record when he had so much thoughts on his head. But he knew that recording was in his priority list and he knew that it would be useless to cancel it, since it’s most likely for his emotions to be present still on that day. He knew the best thing he could do was confront his emotions face to face with reality.

“Hi, Brian.” Dan Muckala greeted him as he entered the recording studio.
“Hi.” Brian greeted him briefly as he sat on the cushion in front of Dan.
He felt a little disappointed since he didn’t have the boys to joke around with. All he had was Dan and the lyrics.
“So what are we recording today?” Brian looked at him questioningly.
“Um… Welcome Home, and My Answer Is You.” Dan smiled.
Brian sighed. He knew that the day won’t pass by that quickly with two songs and two vocals to record for each song.

One hour later, he found himself encased in glass, wearing headphones and a microphone in front of him. Dan Muckala gave the thumbs-up sign and he heard the starting chords of the song being played. He listened as the strumming of the guitar harmonized with the keys of the organ. Then he heard the bass and the beat of the drums, which added to the relaxed but firm momentum of the song. In total, the music expressed itself as a sun setting in a calm sea,… as peace. He knew that the lyrics of the song will have more impact than it’s music. Though Brian was aware of this, he didn’t think he was ready to bring out the lyrics from his mouth. But he knew he had to do what he could. Life didn’t revolve in a calm sea always.

“There’s a world of difference when faith is in a heart
It stands out like sunlight
Life becomes so dark

And when those around me ask me why I dare to dream
Or why I love, or why I sing…

My Answer Is You
My Answer Is You
You’re the hope that my heart is holding on to
Skeptics won’t understand it’s strange from the world’s point of view…
My Answer Is you…

He opened his eyes after singing, a successful act as it seemed, until he looked at the empty booth.
Brian’s mind raised, he felt sweat build up in his neck as he removed his headphones.
“Where the heck is Dan?” Brian wondered as he came out of the recording booth.
He finally spotted him talking to Leighanne in the room.
As he approached them, he saw that they had serious expressions on their faces.
“What could go wrong?” Brian thought to himself as he walked towards them.
“What happened?” Brian asked them.
“Nick was sent to the hospital. He had a car accident yesterday.” Leighanne replied somberly, “He’s been unconscious ever since…”.
Before she was even able to finish what she was saying, Brian interrupted her and said, “We need to see him right away.”.
“That’s what I was about to say.” Leighanne replied, clearly annoyed, but concerned.
Brian shrugged, and approached the door. Leighanne followed behind.
Just as he was about to leave the room, he remembered Dan.
“Dan, are you coming with us?” Brian asked him hurriedly.
“No thanks, I got some finishing up to do.” Dan replied.

As Leighanne entered Brian’s car, Brian started the ignition and sped off the parking lot.
“Where do we go now?” Brian asked Leighanne as he maneuvered expertly through the traffic.
“St. Phils Hospital.” Leighanne replied quietly.
A sense of familiarity came to Brian’s mind as he heard the name. He though, didn’t want to ponder further on why the name was so familiar to him, and instead focused in driving. Both of them were quiet, each having their own thoughts about Nick. Both hoped fervently that Nick was going to be okay.