- Text Size +
I left the club that night both upset and happy. I don’t know if that’s possible, but that describes me. I left with the knowledge of who Kirsten was and the knowledge that she actually existed. That was the part that upset me; that she actually existed. But that was also the same thing that made me happy, now seeing her and now knowing that she is a true person and not just someone that he had made up means that I can use it against him if he tries to come onto me again.

Wait, again? Was there going to be an again? We met in a foreign country and he was touring Europe with a band called Fish Bones. As soon as I returned to the states, the girls and I were going on tour for a year. There was no way that we were going to run into each other again. Was there?
As soon as I hit the pillow, I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning to sun streaming through the curtains and Amethyst talking extremely quickly into her cell phone. When she noticed that I was awake, she held up her hand and gave me the signal to be quiet.

I got up out of bed and went into the bathroom. I went, brushed my teeth, and brushed my hair into a ponytail. When I walked out of the bathroom, Amethyst almost knocked me over. For some reason she was jumping up and down all over the place. "Ok, Ames, you’re a 21 year old woman, there’s no need to be jumping all over the place unless it’s something major."

"Trust me, it is! We need to get Bianca and Savannah and tell them the good news!" She said, changing quickly into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. She urged me to get dressed, so I threw on a pair of jeans and a tank top. Ames ran out the door and grabbed my arm.

She knocked loudly on B and Vannah’s door, and they groggily answered the door. "What the hell do you want at friggin’ 10:00 in the morning. I’m hung-over and exhausted. I need sleep, and a whole bottle of Tylenol. This had better be good," Was our greeting from Bianca. Ames and I laughed and pushed past her to sit on the chairs in their room.

"So, what’s going on guys?" the already cheerful Savannah asked us as she came out of the bathroom.

"Ames and Jade have something important to tell us about." Bianca filled her in.

"Well, I do. Jade doesn’t even know. Tess called. She wanted me to tell you guys that we have to leave today because we begin touring in 3 weeks. We get to stay in New York all expenses paid and get fitted for all the clothes we’ll be wearing and we have to go through an interview coach. Anyways, we have to leave today." Ames said all in one breath.

"Ok, I’m missing the good part." Bianca said. "You woke me up for this? I’m going back to bed."

"Well, that’s because I haven’t mentioned it. We’re getting a major pay raise." Our eyes lit up. "Yeah, BIG time. We’re each getting a $1 million bonus for starting on such a short notice. Plus, our paychecks for this tour are $12 million a piece!" Ames tried to contain her excitement, but Bianca was the first to explode.

"Are you shittin’ me? We’re getting $13 million to go on an f’n tour for a year? Where do I sign up?" She asked.

"You’re already signed up. We’re all already signed up!" Ames said. The four of us jumped together and began screaming. This was going to be the best year ever!

Nick’s POV

Ok, I’m trying to sleep, but whomever it is screaming next door is really killing me. Alright, that’s it, I’ve had it. I got up out of bed and heard Brian mumble something to me as I flipped on a light to find a shirt to throw on and a pair of basketball shorts.

"Sorry man." I grumbled and turned the light off as I walked out of the room. I walked over to the room next door and knocked softly at first, but when the screaming continued, I banged a little harder. I heard the voices die down and heard someone walking to the door.

When the door opened, I looked into the deepest brown eyes I’d ever seen. "Shit. It’s you." I said as she smiled up at me.

"Fish Bones, nice to see you again. What brings you by so early in the morning?" She asked innocently.

"You and your friends screaming is what brings me over. What is all the noise about?" I asked her, getting annoyed with myself for sounding like a grandpa.

"Well, Mr. Bones, if you must know, the girls and I are celebrating. By the way, how did you find me? Did you follow me? Oh that’s right, you’re not like, a groupie." She said, mocking the words I had said to her only a day earlier.

"Anyways, could you please keep it down? I was out late last night." I said. Didn’t I see her? Yeah, I did. And I acted like an ass. And then Kirsten came. It was all coming back to me now. Damn it Carter, stop acting like an old man. Let her have her fun. It is almost 11:00 in the morning.

"Jade, what’s going on?" I heard someone call to her from inside the room.

"Oh nothing, an old man stopped by to tell us that we were being too loud. I’ll get rid of him." She turned to say into the room. The she smiled and turned back to me. "Why are you still sleeping anyways? Don’t you have some kind of promotion thing for your band? Which, by the way, I haven’t heard about or seen since we’ve been here." She said obviously skeptical of my story.

"Well, it’s like I told you. We’re not really popular yet. We’re working on it. I’ll see what I can do about making us a little more disposable." I said sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever you say Bones. Listen, my girls and I gotta get going, but maybe I’ll see you around. I have your number. Maybe I’ll give you a call." She said and winked. She turned back into the room and closed the door in my face. I can’t remember anyone ever doing that to me. Wasn’t I the one that was supposed to try and resist the numerous sex invitations? Wasn’t I the one that was supposed to be shutting doors in girls’ faces? This whole rejection thing was not working well for me.


Jade’s POV

"Well, girlies! Let’s get to packing and go collect our money!" I said and Ames and I went to our own rooms to finish packing. "Meet in the lobby in 2 hours, the plane leaves at 4:00 p.m. See you there!"