- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Too bloody short in my opinion and I really don't know what it's purpose was... probably filler...like Filler Bunny ?.
Cassandra’s lunch break was very welcomed after running from class to class in the chilled late October. 12:15 couldn’t have come sooner. She wandered down to the commons, meeting her boyfriend, Terry Franceur, on the way. They kissed their hellos, taking turns talking about their days and discussed what kinds of poison were waiting inside of the Commons for them.

“You know, I had a really messed up dream this morning...”Terry said almost dreamily. His ever changing blue eyes looked distant. Cassandra paused her grazing on her borderline rancid salad.

“Oh?” She tried not to sound too interested. “How messed up?

“It was kind’a broken up...”he mused. “I remember leaving someone behind, to go to a battle. There was someone there that I really wanted to just kill,” his voice trailed off. Cassandra watched him steadily. “BAH! I can’t rememeber!” She gave him a half smile..

“Ne. Terry. What’s today?”

“October 30.”

“masaka...”

“What?”

“Really? Is it really the 30th?”

“Yeah. Tomorrow’s Halloween.” He gave her a questioning look.

“I was reminded that Samhain was soon, but I didn’t realize so soon,” she lied. ‘It is my birthday. I wonder if anyone else forgot...’ she thought pitifully to herself. “I was kinda wondering what I should do this year. Jess probably has a party planned,” Cassandra mused poking at her continuously wilting salad as an uncomfortable silence blanketed them.

“I wanna drink tonight,” she said suddenly.

“O-K. I got tonight off..So the Keg?”

“Yeah. I’ll go with you. I want some smokes,” she said subtly hinting to see if he’d remember. He started at her while she fidgited with her food.

“Than I should go to the gas station.”

“No. Let’s go to the Keg. It’s cheaper.”

“O-K.” He looked at her uncertainly. “What’s wrong?” She gave him a weak smile.

“A foreboding feeling. That’s all.”