- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
More reviews! Please and thank you!
At 6:05, I heard someone knock on the door. “Shit,” I mumbled as I tried to scrunch my hair once more in the bathroom mirror. My wavy brown hair fell right below my shoulders. I had finally changed into an old vintage ACDC t-shirt and faded blue jeans. I hadn’t overdone the make-up so I wouldn’t make too big of a fool out of myself. I applied a little mascara and lip-gloss to add a little shine. I hurried to the door as he knocked again. “Coming!” I called out. I unbolted the door and opened it, smiling at Nick. “Hey.” I smiled.

“Hey,” he smiled back. He was so gorgeous. He had on a dark navy blue t-shirt and faded blue jeans. His hair was styled with gel in a messy way, a few spikes shooting up here and there. I felt my cheeks blush under his ocean blue stare. “Here, I brought this.” He handed me a two-liter bottle of Mountain Dew, my favorite.

“Thanks,” I smiled, appreciative of the gesture. “The pizza got here a few minutes ago. I got one with cheese and pepperoni and one with just cheese. I wasn’t sure what you liked these days.”

“Hasn’t changed much. I’m still a pepperoni lover,” he smiled a wide grin as we continued to discuss the pizza. “So, you wanna let me in?” He laughed. I blushed an even darker shade of pink as I realized I hadn’t asked him to come in yet.

“Oh, yeah, I’m sorry,” I laughed as I pulled the door open wider. He walked in and I shut the door behind him. I put the Mountain Dew down on the dresser counter and tucked a curl behind my ear. I smiled as I realized Nick was staring at me. “So, uh, how about we just help ourselves? Are you hungry?” I asked him as I handed him a paper plate. I had gone out to a convenient store earlier that afternoon and gotten a few paper products.

“Do you even have to ask?” He smirked as he heaped three slices of pepperoni pizza on his plate. I smiled and shook my head.

“Guess I just figured it was polite,” I shrugged and laughed as I put two slices of cheese on my plate.

“Come on, Rach. You know you don’t have to be polite with me,” Nick laughed and followed suit as I sat down on the bed. He plopped down next to me and we turned to face each other. A smile formed over my lips as I realized he had called me Rach. “What?” He frowned, holding the smile on his lips.

“Nothing,” I shrugged. I looked up into his deep blue eyes and laughed. “It’s just, no one calls me Rach anymore, that’s all.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he muttered. “I didn’t know.”

“No, I didn’t mean it that way,” I corrected myself. “The reason no one calls me Rach anymore is because I asked them not to. And I only did that because it reminded me of….” I trailed off, not really wanting to tell him why anymore.

“Of us,” Nick finished for me and looked down at the comforter. He took a large bite out of his pizza, a string of cheese dangling from his mouth. I laughed at his attempt to catch the cheese with his tongue. It was a nice distraction, and I knew he had done it on purpose.

“I’ve missed this,” I smiled up at him as I took a bite out of my own pizza, being careful not to let any strings of cheese fall from my mouth.

“Missed what? Me?” He laughed sarcastically. “Yeah, try telling the guys that. They’d think you were insane.” He joked.

“Well, yeah, I missed you, Nick. I missed talking to you and catching up,” I shrugged and stood up to pour myself a plastic glass full of Mountain Dew. “I feel like I barely know you anymore. We kind of stopped talking after everything.”

“I know,” he nodded and smiled as I handed him a glass. “Thanks.” I smiled back and sat down on the bed again. “But we’re here now…so, get to know me.” He smiled a big cheesy grin in my direction. I laughed and threw a balled up napkin at his face, hitting him square in the nose. “Oh, you’re asking for it.” He laughed and tackled me on the bed, tickling me. At the same time, he spilt over his Mountain Dew. “Shit.” He laughed.