- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday! It was a crazy day. But here's an update. There will probably be another one today. PLEASE REVIEW!!
I laughed hysterically as he patted the carpet with a napkin. I held my stomach and rolled over on the bed in laughter. This made him laugh even more and he shook his head. He continued to clean up the sticky mess as I finally got control of my laughter. “So, what’s your favorite thing to do these days, anyway?” Nick asked me to start conversation.

I contemplated it as I poured him another glass of soda. “I-I don’t know,” I shrugged and a frown creased over my face. “I used to love writing, but I don’t really get a chance to do that much anymore. Ryan’s just now working for my dad’s law firm. He graduated law school and so now he’s making a life for us this way.” I shrugged. “So, I guess I’ve been busy following him and helping him get adjusted.”

“Yeah, but what about you,” Nick frowned. “I mean, no offense, but I asked about you, not your fiancé.” I didn’t really know what to say. He stared at me for a really long time before either of us said anything.

“It’s not that Ryan doesn’t want me to do anything,” I answered as I thought about it for a few seconds. “It’s just he’s so busy and I fall into his life like that. I don’t mind it. You know me, I enjoy helping out wherever I can.” I smiled. I folded my legs under me as I sat back down on the bed. “And now with this job, I’ll really be able to write a lot more.”

“That’s good,” I could tell Nick still wasn’t satisfied with my answer, but he wasn’t going to push it any farther.

“What about you?” I asked him. “What do you enjoy doing?”

“I still love getting out and playing a good game of basketball against Bri any day. Or even a game of Nintendo,” he laughed. I rolled my eyes.

“Those dumb video games,” I shook my head. He laughed. His voice got quiet as I took another sip of my drink.

“Why’d you do it?” He whispered. I could sense the hurt in his voice as a frown came over his brow.

“Why’d I do it?” I frowned. “What do you mean, why did I do it? Do what, Nick?”

“Move on,” he said, even though I knew that was what he meant in my heart. I sighed and frowned up at him.

“I thought it was ‘for the best’,” I sighed, quoting what he had told me years ago. “Plus, look at you. You’ve been with Paris Hilton and other blonde bimbos since me. So, you can move on but I can’t?”

“Am I engaged?” He shot back. I sighed and rubbed my temples.

“You’re the one that said goodbye, Nick,” I muttered, trying my hardest to swallow the lump in my throat. The tears were quickly filling my eyes but I didn’t want them to fall.

“Your mom was horrible to me, Rach,” he exclaimed. I stared back into his eyes, watching as they filled with tears. That was the final straw for me. As soon as I saw the tears captured in his eyes, mine began to fall freely.

“I’m sorry,” I muttered softly and wiped away at my cheeks. “But just so you know, I would have given up my mom for you any day.”