- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! Keep them coming!!
By 5:20, I was definitely ready to leave. I couldn’t rid the thoughts of Nick from my mind. I caught a cab after taking some work home with me and hurried back to the hotel. I wasn’t sure what to wear. Nick had said we would be going clubbing, so I decided on something sexy and seductive, but not too flashy. I found a black and white camisole-like tank top that crisscrossed in the back. It went down below my waist. The entire shirt was black except for a white design on the side. I found a short jean skirt that had been ripped in a few places. I found a pair of black high-heels, but not so high that I would trip and kill myself. I figured it we were going to be dancing I’d be really hot, so I pulled my hair back in a somewhat high ponytail and added a little mascara and lip gloss to finish off my appearance.

I sighed, happy with my choice in dress and waited for Nick to come and get me. Right when my patience started to wear thin, there was a knock at the door. I walked over and smiled to see Nick standing there. He was wearing a black button-up long sleeved shirt with faded jeans. His hair was perfectly styled, of course. He was breathtaking. “Hey,” he smiled and enveloped me in a big hug. I felt my knees grow weak as the scent of his cologne rose off his collar and into my nostrils.

“Hi yourself,” I smiled and pulled back. “Just let me grab my purse and I’m ready to go.”

“Great,” he smiled back. We left the hotel and headed out to catch a cab.

“So, where are you taking me?” I smiled curiously. He laughed and smiled as he helped me into the cab first.

“Well, it was supposed to be a surprise, but I guess I could tell you,” he smiled. “It’s this amazing sushi place called Hatsuhana Park. It’s amazing. Aaron and I went there last time we were in Manhattan.” He looked so excited. I had to laugh at how cute he was when he got excited. “What?” He laughed.

“Nothing, you’re just so adorable,” I shook my head as the driver took off for the restaurant.

“Adorable?” He laughed. “I was hoping for sexy or incredibly hot. But adorable?” I laughed even harder.

“Okay, Mr. Self-centered,” I shook my head and giggled.

“Hey!” He joked. For some reason I had this weird feeling that we were being followed. “You okay?” He frowned. I smiled and nodded, taking my mind off the weird feeling.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” I lied. “So, did Brian and the family get in okay?” I asked him.

“Yep,” he nodded. “I guess Baylee was wiped, so he was asleep by the time they got to the hotel. Leigh’s mom is going to sit with him while we go out.”

“That’s sweet that her mom is here with them,” I smiled.

“Yeah, it is,” Nick nodded.

“I can’t wait to see them! I haven’t even seen them for a while,” I sighed. “I really missed everybody.”

“The feelings there are mutual,” he smiled. Even though Nick and I weren’t together, it still felt so right. I had some serious feelings to sort through the next few days.

We made it to the sushi restaurant. Nick and I both ordered the California roll special and we each got a side of white rice. It was delicious, just like Nick had said.

“Okay, okay,” Nick laughed after I had said something funny about him. “But do you remember that time for your birthday I threw a surprise party for you. But when you got there, you were in a really bad mood because you thought I had forgotten your birthday and your car had broken down. So you came into the house yelling and everyone was laughing.” He laughed.

“Oh shut up,” my cheeks grew red. “That was definitely your fault. You should have at least called and told me happy birthday so I knew you remembered.”

We laughed and reminisced over different things that had happened over the years as we finished eating. I couldn’t help but continue to feel like this was so perfect.