- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm working on chapter 24 right now!! If I get the reviews, I'll update now! And let me tell you, these next few chapters are incredibly exciting!
As we pulled up to the club, I noticed all the fans. For a split second I was worried that we would have to make it through those fans on our own. But as the taxi door opened, I spotted Marcus. I laughed as Nick helped me out. “What?” Nick asked me.

“Nothing, for a second there I thought we were on our own,” I said but hinted towards Marcus. Nick nodded and smiled.

“Come on,” he pulled me through the door to the loud club. We made our way to the VIP room and I immediately spotted Leighanne and Brian in the corner. I squealed and hurried over to hug Leighanne.

“Oh my, gosh! I missed you so much!” She exclaimed as she squeezed me in a big hug. I laughed as we pulled away.

“I missed you too! We have so much to catch up on!” I smiled. My gaze went past her to Brian. “Brian! Hi, how are you?” I hugged him afterwards, letting Nick hug Leighanne.

“I’m good! We missed you. Thanks for coming,” he kissed my cheek and smiled as we all pulled apart. I nodded and smiled.

“I’m glad I could be here,” I replied and tucked a fallen strand of light brown hair behind my ear. “Should we get some drinks and sit down?”

The others agreed and we found a booth and sat down. “I’ll go get some drinks. Rach, what do you want?”

“Uh, see if they have a Kokomo Joe, and if they don’t, then I’ll just have a Martini, dry,” I explained. Nick nodded and winked, and I had a feeling he remembered the Kokomo Joe was my favorite drink.

“I’ll join you. Leigh, baby, you want your normal?” Brian asked. Leighanne smiled and nodded and the two boys left us to our own.

“So! How are things?” Leighanne asked me, nodding towards Nick. I couldn’t help but let the crimson color fill my cheeks. “Oh my, gosh! Did you kiss him?”

“Well…” I trailed off and I heard her gasp. I laughed and hurried to continue so she wouldn’t get any crazy ideas. “It wasn’t a passionate kiss. It was just…refreshing and it made me think. This is only the second day I’ve spent with Nick and I feel so completely comfortable around him. It almost scares me.”

“Honey, that’s a good thing,” she laughed. “I’m so happy you two hooked up again. What are you going to do?” She asked, realizing I wasn’t wearing an engagement ring.

“Honestly?” I sighed. “I have no idea. Nick is being so patient. Hell, I don’t even know what he wants out of all this. All I know is that my feelings for Nick are stronger than my feelings for Ryan.”

“If that’s not a sign, I don’t know what is,” she mumbled. I looked in her gaze and saw the boys were already headed back to our table. Nick smiled and handed me a Kokomo Joe and squeezed into the booth next to me as Brian did the same with Leighanne.

“Nick told me that your job’s going well,” Brian smiled and I nodded after I took a sip of my drink.

“I love it,” I smiled. “It’s right up my alley with the whole writing thing.”

“Absolutely,” Brian nodded. After a few minutes of catching up and drinking, Brian held his hand out to Leighanne. “Dance with me, baby.” He kissed her softly. She blushed and took his hand as they headed out to the dance floor. I laughed softly and took another sip from my drink. Then I saw a hand in my face. I looked up to meet Nick’s gaze.

“Dance with me?” He smiled. How could I resist? I put my hand in his as a smile crept over my lips.