- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! Keep them coming!
I sat up staring out at a midnight thunderstorm that had started only a few minutes ago. There were so many different thoughts running through my head and I didn’t know what to do. Maybe deep down there was an answer waiting at the pit of my stomach, but no matter who I decided to be with, someone had to get hurt. I loved both of these men for different reasons, so if one of them were to be hurt, then I would be hurt. Nothing seemed to work in my favor. Ryan was my sensible, realistic love. Ryan was the man that saw the good in me, even when no one else could. He was the man that never left, even if he had the right to. He had a good, stable job. My family was practically in love with him. What more could a woman ask for?

Then there was Nick. My Nick. He was so full of life, creativity and love. He wanted me to be happy, and that was all that mattered to him. He was an angel in disguise whenever I needed to get away from my mother. He told me how she was wrong and I was right. He was my dreamer, the one that would open my eyes to a new life. He had grown so much in the years that we were a part, and that made my love for him grow. He was capable of being my husband years ago, but now made it even better. He truly loved me in a way I hadn’t been loved in a long time. He was able to love my like no one else.

I ran through my feelings as I traced a raindrop on the window. My life had felt so planned out the past few years. Ryan’s proposal shocked me, but I knew it would be coming eventually. If I hadn’t taken the job in New York, my family would have my life entirely planned out like a map. I was tired of following their stupid map. It was time for a change. I needed someone new in my life.

And I knew exactly who that someone new would be.

**A/N: I know it's short, but that's why I called it Part I. Part II will be out after I get a review or two.