- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! Please keep them coming!
The remainder of the week had flown by, thank goodness. I had finished closing up loose ends and I was ready to finally get back to New York. Brad and I had to drive it. I needed to bring my car up there and he was helping me transport my things. It was a long drive, but we finally arrived in Manhattan around 8:00 PM on the last day.

“Hey, it’s me,” I smiled after Nick answered his cell phone on the last ring.

“Hey! Are you back in town?” He questioned eagerly. I smiled.

“Yep, I’m in Manhattan now. Are you still at that same hotel?” I asked him. “I didn’t make reservations anywhere just in case.”

“Actually, right now I’m at this apartment complex I found and wanted you to look at,” he explained. I couldn’t help but smile. I had completely forgotten about having him look for an apartment.

“Where is it?” I asked him curiously. He gave me directions and I told him I’d meet him over there to check it out. I called Brad and told him the plans. I pulled up to the complex. It was absolutely breathtaking. It was tall, probably seven stories, at least.

“You can afford this?” Brad raised his eyebrows in my direction as we made our way inside. I just shrugged. I knew Nick wouldn’t look at anything outside my price range. He never wanted me to feel inferior to anyone. The woman at the front desk smiled at me. I immediately spotted Nick with what looked like a real estate agent. She was shaking his hand.

“Nick!” I exclaimed and ran towards him. Seeing him in person made me feel so safe and so comfortable. He spun me around in his arms.

“God, I missed you,” he whispered and kissed the top of my head as he set me back down on the ground. I smiled up at him and looked at the agent.

“It was nice working with you, Nick,” she smiled and headed for the automatic doors. I frowned up at him, very confused.

“Brad, it’s nice to see you again, man,” Nick smiled towards my brother and shook his hand. My brother greeted him, as well. I continued to stand there, completely confused as to what the agent meant by, ‘it was nice working with you.’ Had Nick purchased some kind of apartment already?

“Uh, Nick?” I frowned and touched his arm gently. “What was that about?”

“Oh! I have something to show you,” he smiled. We walked to the elevator and stood there. Brad had a smirk on his face.

“Do you know something I don’t?” I frowned in his direction. Come to think of it, he had been acting awfully suspicious lately. Almost like he knew something but he wasn’t going to say anything. When we got on the elevator, Nick put some kind of a key in a hole and pressed ‘P’.

“No, why would you think that?” He tried not to laugh.

“Okay, that blows it. What’s going on?” I looked at both of the men. Both of them couldn’t control their smiles. The elevator stopped and the doors opened – on the floor labeled P. “What does P stand for?” I frowned. I gasped as the doors opened and before me stood an incredibly large, yet incredibly beautiful penthouse. “Because usually that stands for Penthouse, but usually only the owner of the Penthouse is allowed on that floor.” I gasped.

Nick handed me the key he had used and smiled. “Welcome home.”