- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I am sooo sorry it took me this long! I've been incredibly busy. I'll try to put more out either tonight or tomorrow!
I cuddled up on the couch with Ariel on my lap, fast asleep. Brad came in and sat down next to me. “You’re glowing.” He chuckled. I rolled my eyes and hit him with a pillow.

“Whatever,” I muttered and tossed some popcorn in my mouth.

“I’m dead serious, Rachel,” he said. I glanced over at him. He even looked serious. “I’m really happy for you. I’m so glad Nick talked some sense into you.”

“Nick didn’t talk anything into me,” I shot back. “I made the decision myself.”

“Why does it matter? Either way, you look amazing,” he said. “Just thought you might want to know.” He shrugged his shoulders and stood up from the couch. I hit ‘Play’ on the movie and watched as the screen filled with one of my favorite movies - Sweet Home Alabama.

“Mind if I join you?” I heard a low voice behind me. I smiled back at Nick and shook my head ‘no’. I realized that I probably looked like a train wreck. I had gotten comfortable in my gray Old Navy drawstring jogging pants and a white camisole top. I had pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and hadn’t bothered to mess with my makeup any. Then I noticed he hadn’t dressed up any – just blue and green plaid jogging pants and a white wife beater. “What are we watching?” He asked as he adjusted his seating on the couch to get comfortable.

“Sweet Home Alabama,” I smiled and ate some more popcorn. He threw a handful of popcorn in his mouth and let his hand fall and rest on my knee. I eyed his hand there and then glanced back up at him. A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth and I snuggled into his shoulder.

There was no way I could actually concentrate on the movie. Every second my mind was racing. I couldn’t help but wonder what Nick was thinking about or what I should do. I carefully moved Ariel over to the cushion beside me so I could get closer to Nick without waking her. As soon as I turned my head back around to face Nick, his hands went to cup my face and I felt his lips massaging mine. I moaned hungrily into his mouth and pushed him back up against the couch and straddled his waist. “Too fast?” He questioned between kisses.

“I trust you,” I got out between kisses once more. “With everything…inside of me…so show me…that you love…me.” I finally got out. Our intense short kisses subsided and he looked me in the eye.

“Like, love-love?” He asked me and I nodded.

“Love-love,” I nodded my head once more. I bent my head down and kissed him again, this time testing something new. I pushed my tongue against his lips and waited for them to let me in. He growled softly in the back of his throat and flipped me onto my back so he was laying on top of me. I heard a bark and a whine and realized I had landed right on Ariel.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take her outside,” I heard Brad sigh and come in from the dining room.

“Were you watching?” I laughed as heat rose in my cheeks.

“No. I was reading and I heard something, so I came to see what it was,” he shrugged. “By all means, please continue.” He laughed and took Ariel to the elevator door with the key. As the doors closed, Nick took my hand and pulled me up.

“Are you sure about this? I mean, it’s only been what, three weeks since I saw you last?” Nick sighed as I pulled him towards my bedroom. We both sat down on my bed.

“First of all, I’ve known you for years. I’ve loved you for years. I know, now, that I love you. Sure, I might still be sad for Ryan, but I don’t regret breaking up with him. I love you, Nick. No one else but you,” I kissed his lips softly. “Secondly, it’s not like we haven’t done it before.” I smirked.

He laughed and shook his head. “It’s not like I don’t want to do it,” he rubbed the side of my face gently. “I just don’t want to rush into anything.”

“Yeah right, Nick Carter,” I rolled my eyes with a grin. “You, of all people, should be taking me up on this.”

“Yes, but you are Rachel LaRoe, and you’re different. Plus, if I did anything to hurt that,” he put his hand over my heart. “I would never forgive myself.”

I bit my bottom lip and smiled. “Just kiss me already.”