- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just wanted to say, thanks for being so patient with the story and thanks for all the reviews! Please keep them coming! They give me a reason to continue!!
“Hey, we still have about forty-five minutes until the plane will get here since there’s a delay and everything. Do you want to go grab a cup of coffee?” Nick asked me. I looked back at the screaming girls. It had been almost ten minutes since Nick and I had started talking and they still hadn’t gone away.

“Oh, I don’t know. I mean, won’t your posse want to join?” A smirk crossed my lips. A chuckle escaped his lips and he blushed.

“I think my body guards have it under control,” he smiled, his cheeks turning a deep crimson color.

“Body guards, eh?” I laughed lightly as we made our way over to a coffee shop, the mob of young, hormonal girls inched over, only to run into the fence of guards. The men blocked off the door to the coffee shop.

“What’ll you have?” Nick asked me. For some reason, my mind was racing a mile a minute, thinking of all the reasons why this was so wrong. But for some other reason, my heart was racing a mile a minute, thinking of all the things I wanted to say to him and all the reasons why I wanted to be with him.

“Oh, you don’t have to buy anything for me,” my mind spoke up. “I’m going to get myself a hot chocolate, though.”

“Let me pay. I haven’t seen you in years, Rach. Please, let me get it,” he practically begged. A small pout formed over his lips and it made me laugh softly. “What? What’s so funny?”

“It’s just, I was waiting for the immature side of you to pop out. I knew it was hidden deep in there somewhere,” I laughed. He couldn’t help the smile that crossed his lips.

“Oh, trust me. It’s not buried too deep down in here,” he chuckled. He stepped up to the cashier and smiled. “I’ll have a regular coffee with cream and sugar as well as a regular hot chocolate, extra whipped cream.”

My heart rose into my throat and I barely found the ability to spit out words. “How did you know…?” I lost my ability to speak as my sentence turned into four words and trailed off at the end.

Nick shrugged, slightly impressed that he had just rambled off the words, “extra whipped cream.” “I guess I just remember a lot more than you and I both think I do.” He handed her the cash and I looked around the coffee shop. It had been at least two years since I had last seen Nick Carter and now here I was in a coffee shop with him.

“I guess so,” I managed to mumble before a man covered in the coffee shop’s logo walked up to us and cleared his throat.

“I’m really sorry to bother you, but after you get your drinks, I’m going to have to ask you to leave. You see, you’ve kind of created a blockade around my shop, and I need the customers. So, if you could find somewhere else to go, I’d appreciate it,” he tried to put as kindly as possible. I laughed as I realized we had, indeed, created a fence around the entrance where no one could get in or out.

“Sure, no problem,” Nick nodded. “Sorry about that.” The man nodded and walked away.

“Gee, you can’t even get a cup of coffee without being bothered,” I nudged him as we took our drinks and exited the shop. He rolled his eyes.

“It’s not funny,” he muttered. “You try living the life of a Backstreet Boy.”

“Oh, I remember,” I laughed, “I was a Backstreet girlfriend, remember?” It was then that the uncomfortable silence fell over us and my cheeks felt flushed. Maybe it was too soon to bring that back up.