- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tell me what you think, please! I really need the reviews. Without them, writer's block tends to creep up on me!
Part of me wondered, silently hoped, that Nick and I would be relatively close to each other on the plane. I guess the thought of him being famous enough to afford first class slipped my mind. I tried my hardest to rid him from my mind, but it was impossible since only a few rows of seats separated me from him. I thought if I closed my eyes I could focus on sleep and get him out of my head. No such luck, however. Every time I closed my eyes, I would drift to sleep and picture Nick and I together again.

“We will be landing in New York, New York in approximately thirty minutes,” the pilot’s voice came over the loud speaker. For a moment, I thought I had dreamt about the entire thing – meeting Nick and everything. “Currently it’s a warm eighty degrees in New York City. We hope you’ll enjoy your time here.” He rambled off a few other facts about the beautiful city, but my eyes were drawn to the window of the amazing city that I was in love with. My French manicured fingernails brushed along the window as a breath got caught in my throat. This wasn’t a dream. It was reality.

“Excuse me, Miss,” a flight attendant smiled down at me across the row. I turned towards her. “There’s a man in first class that asked me to give you this.” And with that, she passed across a piece of paper with writing on it. I had to laugh at the idea.

“Thank you,” I smiled back at the attendant and excused myself for reaching across the two passengers on my side. I unfolded the paper and looked at the words.

Rach –
I’m not sure if I’ll see you after the plane lands. I told the attendant where you were seated (I really hope this gets to you…if you’re reading this and you’re not Rachel LaRoe, please give it back to the attendant.) Wow, I will feel incredibly stupid if this comes back to me. But anyway, I wanted to tell you that I’m really glad I saw you, and I want to see you again. I’m going to be in New York for a little while. I’m going to be staying at the Iroquois in Manhattan. I missed you, Rach.
- Nick


The way he practically talked to himself in the note made me laugh. I was flattered. Really, I was. He was right; we probably wouldn’t see each other again after the plane landed. How did he know where I was sitting? I didn’t remember telling him. And he had given me the name to his hotel. Should I be worried? I thought to myself. Of course not, I am a grown woman. It’s not like I was cheating on Ryan or anything. The thought hadn’t really crossed my mind.

As the plane came down to a landing, I tried my hardest to gather my carryon and belongings and push my way to the front. “We all want off this plane, lady. Wait your turn,” an older man yelled at me as I tried to squeeze between him and the seat.

“You don’t understand, I just, I need to get to the front,” I muttered, trying to explain myself to him. I wasn’t sure why, it wasn’t like he was worth my explaining.

“We all need to get to the front,” he spat back. “Just wait your turn!” He began to raise his voice. Other passengers around us began to chime in. I sighed, feeling defeated and fell back into the crowd, waiting my turn.

As I finally made my way off the plane, I hurried down the ramp and into the gate terminal area. People were all around, hugging loved ones, smiling and laughing. Where could he be? I hurried to baggage claim. Maybe he would be there? I don’t understand why I’m looking for him. I laughed to myself. It was then that I realized my feet were running towards baggage claim. As I got there, I saw a horde of screaming girls crying and screaming near the automatic doors. I watched as a tall man in a baseball cap and sunglasses ran across the street and got into a car.

My heart sank deep down in the pit of my stomach. But it wasn’t just there that it left off. No, it drove away in that car with him.