- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The second chapter is up! Does everyone like it so far? ^_^
Looking into the mirror of my bike, I added the last touches to my lips. Yeah, the color “Sunset peach” really looked great on me! Upon noticing my surroundings, I saw that the name of the lip gloss did not actually fit the time. It was past midnight, and honestly, I had to get going, I know, I should’ve been on the road a lot earlier, but there was a “Rock Star Baby” concert today and I stayed there until the end. I rummaged through my backpack looking for my compact. Geesh, I did know it was night and no one’s going to look at my make up, but still... I did it for myself. It gave me the feeling of looking beautiful every moment I was awake.


I guess I was a personality ruled by feelings. For the feeling of freedom, I took this trip. So right now, I was standing in a parking lot near a club in Tampa, Florida. You all might have guessed I had a car. Oh no, you’re wrong! My baby, my only accompaniment, is my lovely red Ducati Sporttouring... I know it is unusual for a girl to ride a bike, especially one so big and mighty. You just can’t imagine how free I felt when I was on the highway. No, the wind didn’t play with my hair, dork! I wore a helmet. Though back to my hair... it was really a pity I have to hide it under the helmet... Looks like I will have to tie it in a pony tail again. But as I didn’t want to do it right then, I took the PDA out of my backpack to see if I had new mail.
“Ooh, 3 new messages.” I have to see what they are.

Candy, dear, please drive carefully! I’m hoping everything’s ok. Auntie Jane.
Aunt Jane... she still thinks I’m a little girl, but it’s nice that someone actually cares for me. Let’s see what’s next.

Hey C, when you’re back, give me a call! Let’s hit the Spider together! Ruby
Yeah, that’s my girl! Partying after the trip would be great. And now, the last message.

Miss Wilson, Miramax optioned the ‘’Endless meadows’’ script. Call me as soon as possible. James Gorman, CAA.
My agent. Good news. I didn’t think this script had potential, but it looks like it did.

You might wonder why there was nothing from my boyfriend. Simple, I didn’t have one. I just didn’t want to be anyone’s cooking and household slave. Cook this, do the dishes, vacuum the house and mow the lawn are commands which I don’t like to obey. I am well off living alone.
I could cook pretty well, but only for me. As for the house and garden maintenance I had people to do it. Sure, it wasn’t like I couldn’t do it by myself, I just couldn’t waste my precious time. What did I do? I’m a writer. Romance.
Don’t tell me you never read that. You do. There are so many closet romance novel lovers that my income keeps rising.

Also, I fooled around with scripts.. .mostly based on my work.
See, even the execs in Hollywood love romance! I’m the goddess of romance! Though it’s pathetic that I can’t get even a short term boyfriend. Maybe because I want him to be like a god from Olympus? No problem with him being blond. I guess this type of guy doesn’t exist. Too bad.

“Hey babe, you’ve got a nice ass!” I heard a male voice calling me. I decided to ignore that. Who knew what jerks ran around Tampa at night? And definitely, my wonderful god wouldn’t start a conversation that way.
Just ignore the guy.

“Umm, you’re an arrogant chick. But you still have a hot ass.” I looked back and saw a guy standing by some indefinable bike. Slowly, he came closer. I kept calm, it was always better to be calm and not panic. And I didn’t say a word.

“We could do a thing together, babe.” He was shaky on his legs and smelled like he had a few drinks.

“I don’t think so, go where you want,” I replied cooly..

The streetlight revealed late twenties, less than average looking guy.
This is not the god. I smirked to myself.

“If you go with me you could meet a real celebrity,” he grinned.

“Thanks, I’m not interested.” I tried to be polite.

“Oh, c’mon, you won’t regret...” he had come closer and there was a really heavy alcohol hint in his breath.

“I said no...Get away now!” I stepped back.

He came even closer. “I bet you do great blowjobs.”

“Get away...,” he tried to get closer to me to grab me, so I pushed him away. He landed on his knees, but got up surprisingly quickly.

“Oh, so you’re a bitch! I’ll show you how to mess with me,” he said angrily. In a second, he was at the front of my bike and the next moment glass shattered. He had kicked out the headlight of my Ducati.

“See bitch, don’t cha you wanna reconsider? Suck me and I’ll get that fixed.”

Tears began to stream down my face. He was destroying my bike, but he was not going to destroy my pride!

“No, I wont!” I whispered.

“As you wish...” he pushed the bike and it fell to the ground heavily. I could hear the mirrors breaking.

He walked towards the entrance of the club.

I sat down on the pavement and cried. I didn’t know what to do. Sure, I had enough money to get the bike fixed, heck, even to buy a new one. But the reason for the tears was embarrassment and confusion. I didn’t know where I could get help for my bike, I didn’t know where I could stay. It was after midnight so that means no one would help me! Why did I have to be a little helpless girl? I didn’t know...so I just let the tears flow. What else could I do?

.....................................................

My dance with the blonde twins had ended sooner than I wished. Their boyfriends arrived and they were soon farther from me than I would have liked.
Where are the sex bunnies today?

“Hey, dawg, you gotta hear this!!” Brent came to me, almost stumbling over a bar stool.

I wasn’t too keen to hear his story. Either it would be how he bragged to girls that he knew me and thus got them into bed or how he got new porn tapes yesterday.

“You should’ve seen me on the parking lot just a few minutes ago!” he drunkenly giggled.

“I’ll bet how you fell from your bike isn’t the day’s best sight,” I said, lighting another smoke.
That’s why he had forgotten his bike at first. He was just too drunk.

“No, listen to the whole story. Then will you pat my shoulder and tell me I’m a hero!!!” he grinned.

I nodded. It was better to let the drunk talk, or else there would be aggression.

“So, I parked my bike in the parking lot and I saw a hot chick in a tan leather outfit. You know I just loovee chicks in leather. So I told her that she’s got a nice ass. No response. I stepped closer, telling her to go with me. She didn’t accept. So I told her she could meet a celeb. No response again. I thought, what’s wrong with her? I came closer, but she tells me to get lost. I wouldn’t give up, I came really close to her and told her I think she does great blowjobs.”

“You did what? That is no way to speak to a girl!!!!’’ I fumed.
Why is my friend such an ass? I guess that’s why he doesn’t get any!

“Don’t interrupt me! The bitch pushed me away and I fell. She didn’t feel sorry, so I hit out the headlight of her bike...” Brent went on victoriously, but my brain became more and more sober with every minute, “...she still didn’t show any emotion, and she didn’t want to suck me, so I wrecked her bike. See, I’m a hero!!!!” Brent grinned.

But his grin didn’t last for long, because I slammed my fist into his idiotic face. He looked stunned, and didn’t really realize what happened until he felt blood dripping from his lips.

“Dawg, what was this for?” he asked confusedly.

“For being an asshole, bastard! How dare you hurt a girl? Only because you don’t get any it doesn’t mean you can go around and do whatever your fucked up drunken mind wants!!!!” I stood up from the chair, heading to the exit. I heard Brent calling after me, but it didn’t matter to me. He wasn’t my friend anymore.

And now, I had to find the girl. Maybe I could make up what Brent did. I felt so sorry for her, but I hadn’t yet seen her.

I headed to the parking lot, looking out for the girl. After walking for a bit, I saw a small, crunched figure under a lantern light. I could see from here that she was crying. The long, strawberry blonde hair covered her face and I was quite sure she wasn’t looking at me. Silently, I went near her and sat down next to her.

.............................................

I had the feeling that someone was here, but I didn’t look up, I just put some rebellious strands away from my face.

“What do you want?” I asked harshly, not wanting to talk to anyone.

“I want to help you...I know what happened and I feel terribly sorry for that...” he had a soothing, melodic voice, giving me the sense of being protected.
That’s ridiculous...
But I still looked at the stranger. I did a double take, checking that I didn’t see ghosts. He really was like a blond god. His hair was a bit longish, his eyes sapphire blue and he smiled at me so compassionately.

“How do you know what happened?” I looked away from him and fixed my gaze to the wrecked bike.

“The guy...the guy who wrecked your bike was...was my friend...” he stuttered.

“And now you wanna finish what he did?” I asked, feeling my anger rising.

“No, I want to help you...I know it’s hard to believe, but please...let me prove my good intentions...” I didn’t want to believe him, but again, I became almost enchanted by his voice. I swiftly stood up, not wanting to give in to his charm. No, he was the opposite of his friend. He was nice, caring and just gorgeous!

I reached for my backpack, which happened to be left on my wrecked Ducati. The sight of my destroyed bike caused my tears to start flooding again. I felt so weak, so helpless, just lost in this damn cold world. Then suddenly, I felt strong arms wrapping around me.

“Please, don’t cry...my heart breaks when I hear you cry...” he whispered in my ear.

“I don’t even know you...” I tried to gather words through my sobs.

“But you don’t have to be afraid of me... I’m Nick, Nick Carter...” he said slowly wondering what my reaction would be. But nothing came.

“I’m Candy Wilson” I turned around to face him directly.
Looks like he’s not reading romances. Well, with his looks, he can get a new “romance” every night.

I moved away from him, knowing that if I would feel his embrace for longer I would not want to let go.

“I think I need to call the guys at the servicing station to pick your bike up...” he said, taking his cell out of the pocket.

“No one’s going to respond...it’s after midnight.” I said, smirking at his idea.

“They will...the guys are servicing me 24/7 so don’t worry...”

I rolled my eyes in wonder.
He’s got connections.
Some tears of joy came to my eyes. Moments ago, I was lost and all alone...but now a knight had come to rescue me.

````````````````````
I looked at her and saw tears forming in her emerald green eyes.

“Everything will be fine...just let me help you...please?” I came closer and hugged her. She didn’t protest.
Maybe because she was too nervous to push me away?

She put her head on my shoulder; I think she just felt that she needed to be in my warm embrace right now. I didn’t want to do anything wrong, I just came to make her feel better.

“Thank you for being there for me...I just don’t know why you’re doing it...” she sobbed.

“I just felt the need to help you...and make everything okay...” I whispered in her ear. I just couldn’t stand the urge to feel how soft her hair was, so I ran my fingers through her locks, enjoying their silk.

“But I’m like a burden to you...” she said in a teary voice.

“You’re not...” I said, lifting her chin so she had to look me in the eyes.

Our eyes met, and then I realized what I had felt since I saw her the first time-she wasn’t a sex bunny! I didn’t know what to think first, since a long time I had only seen women as sex bunnies. I got what I want and they got their celeb one night stand. But there was something about Candy. She didn’t act like she knew who I was...and, what was more important, she needed my help. And that made me feel a warmth in my heart.
Someone needs me because of me, and not because of ‘’rock star Carter’’.

She stood next to me as I called my guys from the service. After a few seconds someone finally picked up.

“Hey Nicky boy, what do you need?”

“Well, can you pick up a wrecked Ducati Sporttouring?” I asked, looking at the bike.

“Sure...what type is it?” Terry, my good old mechanic pal asked.

“I guess it’s a ST3...the headlights are totally damaged, also mirrors are broken and the paint’s scratched. You get the picture?” I asked, looking at Candy. She had a confused look on her face.

“Yeah, where is the bike?”

“In the parking lot of my fav club here...you know where it is, right?”

“Sure...give me fifteen minutes...”

Terry hung up and I looked at Candy.

“See, everything’s going to be alright...they’ll pick it up in 15 minutes...” I smiled at her. To my surprise, she smiled back. And again, warmth rushed through me.
Carter, do you have a fever?

“How did you know what type and model the bike is?” she asked me looking slightly curious.

“Oh, my brother Aaron bought a similar one...only it was black...” I said, secretly checking her figure.
C’mon, I’m a man, I’m attracted to women!
She was just perfect. The leather outfit hugged her every curve and I had to use my fair share of self control to keep my hands off her.
And I thought the dancers in Back & Blue were hot...but Candy...I would not decline if she’d wanted to share the bed with me tonight.
Finally getting my thoughts cleaned from sex I asked her a “normal” question. “Where are you staying tonight?” I wanted to answer in my bedroom, but quickly gasped for air and bit my tongue.

“I...I don’t know...” she said, looking away from me.

“I’ll get you to a hotel, ok?” I said, giving her a reassuring smile.

“How can I thank you?” she asked shyly.

Just kiss me on the lips right now would’ve been the answer I wished for, but instead I said what I had to say “By no longer crying...”

She smiled at me lucidly and slowly moved forward to me. I waited to see what she’d do, but I was extremely surprised as she gave me a kiss. On the lips. I knew this hadn’t meant anything more than a way to say “thank you” for her, but for me...the vanilla taste of her lips was so inviting I knew I wouldn’t ever decline to have one more kiss. She pulled away from me and I could see her face blush in the weak light of the lanterns.

So now I was not only wanting to protect her...I also wanted to kiss her...
I wonder what she thought?
But somehow, this one was much better than the kisses from the always ready sex bunnies.
Funny how feelings can be, huh, Carter?