- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So in this chapter, they manage to get out of bed...Nicky gets a taste of everyday life...though he still can't let go his ''luxury life'' choices while shopping...

Tell me how you like it! Pretty please?:))
Looking trough the fridge she remembered that she was out of groceries...well, she had been so sunk in thinking about Nick that the household duties stepped to the last place. But I can’t go now to do the shopping...it would be bad to lock him out. I bet he wouldn’t want to do the groceries with me.

Nick came back, slowly opening the front door. He was figuring what Tareena would say about the fact that he had to stay at least till Monday. The first thing he noticed was Munchkin sitting on the ‘’Welcome’’ carpet.

‘’Hey, buddy. Waiting for me?’’ he chuckled at the cat. Then he lifted it up and ruffled the fur. The cat purred silently and didn’t protest against this form of transportation. ‘’Let’s go find your mistress!’’
He found her in the living room, sitting by her laptop.

‘’I’m back! I know you missed me!’’ he exclaimed.
‘’Sure I missed you, but now you’re going to miss me’’ she said getting her purse.
‘’Why?’’ he was confused.
‘’Well, we’re out of groceries...or do you want me to put you on cat food?’’
He put Munchkin down and came closer to Tareena.
‘’Well, I’ll go with you, if you allow. And besides, I’m staying till at least Monday so we’d be really low on cat food anyway soon.’’

‘’You’re staying till Monday?’’ she said, trying to process the information.
‘’Umm, yes, if you let me stay here...I thought you would let me stay...I hoped so...I just ...’’ he looked down, feeling rejected. Why did I get my hopes up? Why did I think she'd want me here?

She lifted his chin so he had to look into her eyes. ‘’You can stay as long as you want... I would never throw a stranded kitten out of my house.’’
She hugged him tightly, feeling that he has calmed.

On the way to the grocery store Nick slung his arm around her waist. First she was a bit surprised, no one ever had shown her so much affection, but it felt so right.

Nick smiled at her. Today his life had turned as normal as he wished. The touring and partying stress was gone, he felt like a normal guy, not someone who has to run from the press. Well, actually, there wasn’t anyone in the streets. Only a few by passers, but they didn’t pay much attention to him.

As they entered the local Wal-Mart, Nick stopped by the carts.
‘’I will pay for the groceries, then I won’t feel like I’m a burden for you.’’
‘’Nicky, you’re not a burden, you’re a guest!’’ she said, picking a cart from the row.
‘’Let it be a household expense share...for the days I’m staying...’’ he looked at her with such a cute look on his face that she couldn’t refuse.

‘’As you wish...’’ she gave in.
‘’I just want us to have all the very best without worries...’’ he whispered in her ear, wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

The light mingle of his cologne and the warmth of his body made her melt and agree to anything he’d say if only he wouldn’t let her alone.

Slowly walking through the store they picked up things they needed. Passing the magazine rack Nick recognized one specific from afar. The ‘’Housewife’s dreams’’ issue with him on the cover and the headline ‘’Hollywood’s cutest bachelors’’.

It was not like he was ashamed of this press appearance, he just didn’t want Tareena see it. He wanted to remain the simple guy for her, and not the magazine wonder. He saw her eyes wandering to the magazine rack, but he quickly distracted her.

‘’What do we need next?’’ he tried to sound oh so interested.
‘’Some dry cat food...’’ she answered, wondering why he was suddenly so interested.

‘’I thought you had some stock on cat food at home?’’ Nick chuckled.
‘’Well, nothing is endless...though I have a lot of canned cat food left he also demands some dry food variety...but he’s still lovely...’’ she gushed.
‘’And I’m not lovely?’’ Nick asked, acting like he was sad.
‘’You are...not only lovely...you are so sexy, so desirable...’’ she sighed dreamily.

Nick pressed his lips against hers and they shared a quick, passionate kiss.
‘’Nick, people could see us...’’ she said shyly.
‘’I don’t see anyone in this aisle, and even if...let them be jealous that I got you.’’

She shivered a bit, he was just too hot. And yes, she wanted him again. She wanted to touch his bare skin; she wanted to kiss all over his body. She just wanted him. This feeling was something she’d never felt before, but she knew that even when he’s gone she wouldn’t regret a second spent with. Composing herself, she spoke again.

‘’Is there something else you want?’’ she gasped, trying to get her voice back.
‘’I want you, baby.’’ He said huskily.
‘’We get back to this when we’re at home.Remember anything we need?’’ She blushed and gently stroked his cheek.
‘’I remember we need wine for dinner tonight...’’ he said contently.

‘’I’m not an expert in this field. I go get the cat food and some ice cream...you meet me there, ok?’’ she tough that the cold air stream from the ice cream refrigerators would calm her burning insides.
‘’I’ll be right back! I’ll find something special for dinner...’’ he smiled lucidly at her before he turned his back and moved to the beverage section.

For a moment, she froze and watched him move. His movements were fast, yet gracious in a way. Just like a tiger.

Nick looked over the huge selection of wine and champagne. There were a lot of brands he didn’t recognize, especially from the cheap varieties.

I need something very special. His eyes rose to the top shelf, where a lightly dusty bottle of Roederrer Cristal 1999 stood. That’s it!! He picked the bottle from the shelf and first was startled by the price.
Only 160$!! How can that be? I paid so much more in clubs...now I see why they say the clubs in LA are overpriced. Charging 1000 bucks for a bottle less than 200 worth!

But then he realized that the price difference was just like a border between his celebrity world and the real world. And right now, he was in the real world. And he was glad about that.

The girl at the cash register glared at him intently, but he didn’t mind. Oh, gods, this guy so looks like Nick Carter! And sure he has to be taken. No chance for me even with a look-alike. All morning she had gushed over the ''Housewives’ magazine'', drooling how cute this Carter was. Reluctantly, she summed up the purchases and a sum of a couple hundred dollars came up. Tareena was confused; the cashier must’ve counted something wrongly. As she saw no emotion about that in Nick’s face she calmed for a bit.

Nick handed the cashier a credit card. She eyed it carefully. N. Gene Carter...it looks like it’s not him...how many guys are there with that last name and initial...thousands.

They were putting the groceries away as Munchkin rushed in and jumped on the table. He came closer to Tareena and purred. She looked at his paws and saw they were full with soil.
‘’Were you digging the flower pots again?’’ she pouted at the cat. Nick liked her childish behavior, it seemed so sweet.

The cat looked at her innocently, but she knew that Munchkin was a fan of the big flower pots. ‘’Looks like I’ll have to wash your paws...’’ she soaked a towel with warm water and started to clean the paws. The cat didn’t protest, he knew it was useless to do so.

Watching this some not innocent thoughts came to his mind. As she let the cat go after completely cleaning his paws she felt that Nick was standing right behind her.

‘’I see you like to wash kittens?’’ he asked as innocently as he could.
‘’Well, if there’s a need...’’ she couldn’t get at what he was pointing at.
‘’So you’d wash me?’’ he whispered in her ear. He saw that she had blushed beet red.

Oh my, how would that be? Even imagining this situation made a hot rush run allover her.
‘’But you’re a tiger...I can’t handle that...’’ she purred.
‘’I’ll be as sweet as a kitten...’’ he promised, slowly and teasingly kissing her neck.

‘’Nicky...you know I want you...I’m just...’’ she shivered from his touch, knowing that she couldn’t hold on any longer.
‘’Unsure if I want you too? I just can’t get enough of you! You’ve got everything that makes me feel...really happy, if I can say that. You’re my angel in a special way. You came when everything for me was going downhill.’’

She was really moved from his words. It feels like I’m in a movie... She put away a strand from his face and gazed into his blue eyes.
‘’You said it so beautifully. But I’m no angel...I’m just a regular girl whose day you made special...I will always remember the time with you...’’ some tiny tears glistered in her eyes.

‘’Don’t cry...I don’t know what the future will bring us...I didn’t even know that I would meet someone so amazing like you...’’ he said, lightly running his fingers on her jaw.
‘’Jus hold me now, so I know I’m not dreaming...’’ she whispered.

He pulled her close, leaning down to kiss her. Oh, how he had missed her lips! Sure, it hadn’t been an eternity since their last kiss, but still, he had begun to miss the taste of her lips and the way she answered his kiss. He started the kiss gently, only lightly touching her lips, then as her answers got more eager he deepened the kiss.

They were turned back to the real world by a nasty scratching noise. They turned and saw that the cat was desperately trying to get the salmon fillet out of the wrapper.

‘’Looks like other kitten needs my attention...’’ she said, running her fingers down his chest. He moaned, unwilling to let her go.
‘’Don’t be sad, soon you’ll have my full attention back. And I’ll think about the bath...’’

She smiled at him, turning to get the cat food. I guess everything's going to get more interesting for us she thought to herself.