- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I don't think I'll be finishing this one because, well, it sucks. You're welcome to read what I have...sorry it won't be completed.
CHAPTER 1

“Are you fucking kidding me? That’s the stupidest idea I’ve ever heard!”

“Howie calm down. We need the publicity,” reasoned Nick.

“Nick, fuck off you only like the idea cause you know you’ll be able to get some ass.”

“Well, yeah. Wait they’ll be over 18 right? So they’ll be legal?”

“Yes Nick,” replied Shauna their publicist. “They’ll all be in college or older.” Before the conversation could go any further Brian walked into the meeting.

“Sorry guys. Baylee’s not feeling well and Leigh just got back.”

“Hey Brian guess what!” Nick began, completely ignoring Brian’s explanation, “I’m gonna get me some serious ass!”

“I thought this meeting was about news,” Brian joked.

“It is. Nick get your mind out of the gutter and focus,” said Shauna. “Even though you’re doing the Up Close and Personal shows it might not be enough. I mean 5 years between albums is a long time, and during that time you were all completely off the map.”

AJ was quick to comment on that with, “except for Nicky’s time in Paris. We can’t forget about that!”

“Fuck off AJ,” said Nick. He was tired of everyone riding his ass about that. The media, fans, the guys. She sucked. He laughed to himself. Hehe that sounded bad. Well, she did do that too.

“Could you guys shut up for 5 minutes so I can tell you how we’re getting publicity?”

“Aw you know you love us.” All Shauna could do was shake her head.

“Anyway, there is a huge cheerleading competition in New York on March 12-13. There’s like over 1,000 teams attending. There are 22 in the Open All-Girl Elite division, which is all girl teams that are in the elite level. They’re actually really fun to watch, and whoever wins will get $5,000 from you guys. It sounds stupid, but since the majority of your fans are girls, what better sport to sponsor than cheerleading?”



“Haley, chill out!”

“Danielle, shut up! My hair’s not done, I haven’t done my make-up, and in like 2 hours I’m gonna be competing to get money from the fucking Backstreet Boys!”

“Forget about the Backstreet Boys. You’re 24 years old! And how old are they any way like 80?”

“Nick’s 25! And I don’t care what you think I still love them. And they’re really hot. I, oh fuck it get the curling iron so I can do my hair!” 25 minutes later her blond hair was slightly wavy and tied back, just perfect for competition. Next was her make-up. There were about 20 girls crammed into the tiny bathroom, all crowding around the smudged mirrors putting their make-up on and fixing their hair. She hated putting make-up on. They had to wear so much so it would so up when they performed that up close they looked like whores. And it took forever to put on. After her make-up was finished she found her team stretching outside the warm-up area.

“Next up in the Open All-Girl Elite division, the Southington Cyclone All-Stars!!!” The entire team came running onto the floor filled with energy while all their fans shouted for SCA. They knew if they hit the routine like they had yesterday they could win it, but they still had some tough competition. They were in second by .4 points to their archrivals the Jersey Spirit all-Stars. But yesterday was only half their score. Today they earned the other half. The music began and the entire team landed their opening tumbling (which lately had been a rare occurrence). Everyone sailed through the routine easily hitting their tumbling passes and effortlessly hitting the stunts. They had finally hit the routine. In their ending pyramid Haley almost fell, but it was barely noticeable and was the only mistake in the routine.

When it came time to announce the awards for the their division, the Cyclones joined the 21 other teams in their division on the floor. They announced the 5th place winner as the New Jersey Jags. The girls knew they had beaten them and they all held hands and shut their eyes hoping to hear their name next and at the same time praying they wouldn’t hear it quite yet. They had come to win. 4th place was the Connecticut Cats. They had a clean, but boring routine, and now the girls knew they had made the top three. 3rd was the Toronto Twisters. The announcer paused for a long time before calling 2nd place. It was the Spirit All-stars. SCA all assumed they had won first place, but there was always the glimmer of doubt. “1st place goes to… THE SOUTHINGTON CYCLONES!!!!”

As confetti fell on the floor the team rushed to get their trophy and picture taken. Some team members were screaming and others were speechless. Some were crying tears of joy and others were in a pile hugging each other. After they calmed down they were told that 5 team members should be selected to meet the Backstreet Boys later that evening. That’s when they would also receive information regarding publicity and how the money needed to be spent.

“Haley, walk back to the hotel with me, Jen, and Melissa okay? We’re leaving to see your boys in an hour. Try not to pass out when you meet them okay?”

“Shut up D. Who else is going that’s only 4 people.”

“Jess.”

“O, that sucks.”

“Oh, she’s not that bad. Just a little whorey.”

“Yeah that’s true.”

Back at the hotel:

In all the excitement of winning Haley lost track of time and Melissa was pounding on her door to get her to leave. “Oh shit I lost track of time! Just let me change. I won’t take my make-up off or anything.” She quickly yanked off her uniform top and threw on a white tank top with jewels at the top and a pair of jeans.

“Okay, I’m ready. Let’s go Stace.”

“You’re freakin’ out aren’t you?”

“You have no idea.”


Nick Narrating:

Damn they must be here. I heard commotion outside that could only come from 5 girls excited about winning all this shit. This whole thing was a stupid idea. It was 10:00 at night and I’ve been up since like 5 am. Do they really expect me to be working? Well, yeah I guess they did, but I really didn’t want too.

The 5 girls walked in. Fuck that one girl is hot. Well they’re all hot, but she is especially hot. She has a lot of make-up on, but she is like super hot. Maybe this wasn’t such a bad idea. They walked towards where we were sitting and the tall brunette opened her mouth first. She had really think curly hair and what seemed to be a really outgoing personality.

“Hi, I’m Danielle Thompson.” She stuck out her hand for us to shake and we all did.

Next to speak was a short fuller girl with jet-black hair. She seemed a little whorey though. Wow was she already flirting with AJ?

“Hi, I’m Jessica Davis,” and looking right at AJ she continued, “but you can call me Jess.” Wow, can you say whore? I think I noticed the hot one roll her eyes a little at ‘Jess’s’ comment. And then the really tall one spoke up.

“I’m Melissa Walker.” She is really tall. Practically as tall as I am. She’s pretty though. She had dirty blond hair with bangs that went to the side and bright blue eyes.

Then the other brunette spoke up. “Hey. I’m Jen.” Jesus did the hot one have a voice?

“Jen do you have a last name?” Danielle muttered at Jen. Danielle seemed like a smart ass, but in a funny way. Unless she was making fun of you.

“It’s Jacobs.” Then she muttered to Danielle. “And Danielle try not to be a bitch, I know it’s hard for you.” Damn I’ll show you something that’s hard. The hot one was laughing now. Yeah she had to stop that or I was gonna embarrass myself. Yeah that would suck. Wish she’d suck. That tank top was fuckin’ sexy. No stop it Carter, so not the time.

“And I’m Haley Evans. These two are always fighting by the way.” Oh fuck me. Please. She had the best hair. Barely wavy and so blond. It fell just past her shoulders right around where the tank top neck started to plunge. And she had great eyes. They were a really dark green. Fuck she was hot. Okay Carter respond, smirk and look hot.

“Hi Haley. I’m Nick.” Yeah wow that smirk came off really good. Yeah she wants me. I hope. I want her. I could just take that tank top off right here and…Jesus Carter get a hold of yourself. Why is she having this effect on you? You’re gonna need to fuck a groupie just to get through the night.

I didn’t even hear the rest of the meeting. I was too busy staring at Haley. All I knew was I had to see her again. I debated with myself over whether or not to ask her up to my room. But considering I couldn’t remember her last name I decided against it. I noticed the meeting ending and stood up with the rest of the guys to say goodbye to the girls.

“Wait, will I uh, see you again?” The question was directed at Haley, but Danielle answered.

“Well, me and Haley are gonna come get the check tomorrow.”

“Oh, okay. See you then.” Thank God. With a quick wave I just walked off. I couldn’t stand there anymore. What was she doing to me? She kept like looking at me and shit. I had to get to my hotel room and fast. It was only on the third floor. I could take the stairs.

As I was running up the stairs I ran into someone. Great timing too. “Oh my God! I’m sorry. Oh hi, Nick.” Of all the people to bump into, it was Haley!

Haley Narrating:

Damn, he was really hot. Much hotter in person.

“Hi, Haley. You okay?”

“Yeah fine, you?”

Nick Narrating:

“Fine. So, uh,” okay this was awkward, “I guess I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

“Yeah. We’re coming at like 3 or 4.”

“K. Nice meeting you.” Okay smile and just keep walking. Fuck she had to stop looking at me. I mean who looked at the person they were talking to anyway? Well everyone I guess, but still. I mean no one is that hot. And I mean no one.

“Nice to meet you too.”


Haley Narrating:

“Haley, what the fuck was that?”

“What now Danielle? And where is everyone else?” I asked in hopes of changing the subject.

“Don’t fucking change the subject Haley. Jess left her purse and they went to get it. You didn’t even notice. Although I think Jess just wanted to flirt with AJ more. I can’t be sure.”

“I’m just tired.” Yeah I wasn’t gonna get away with that was I?

“Bullshit.” Damn. “You like that blond one.”

“No I don’t and his name’s Nick.”

“Whatever. Just be careful okay? He’s a whore.”

“I know.” Danielle was surprised Haley didn’t argue. She usually defended them whenever Danielle would say something like that. Then again Nick being a whore was pretty hard to argue. He was the one who went out with Paris Hilton. Right? Then again, who hasn’t?

Nick Narrating:

Finally my hotel room. I think. Well, did my key work? No, damn. Oh that’s cause you have the wrong fucking room Carter. Okay here we go. This is definitely my room. Yeah cause that hot chick next door just left to get ice. Yeah I remember her. That was a good night. She wasn’t as hot as Haley though. Okay now I really have to go in the room. Shit, why isn’t my key working? Okay, that Haley chick must have really fucked me up. I just put my fucking key in upside down. All right there we go. Wow, did I just have to walk myself through how to get into my hotel room? That’s fucking pathetic.

Before I could even take my shoes off my cell phone rang. “Oh fuck.” It was AJ. That meant taking his bullshit. “What now AJ?”

“Little cranky Nicky? Are we interrupting something?”

“Yes, actually you are.”

“Oooh. Nicky have a groupie again tonight?”

“No.” Oh smart Carter. Now they’ll all know exactly what you’re doing. Don’t lie and say there was a groupie there. That would be too easy.

“Ah, very rock star Nick. But where the hell are you? We were all supposed to meet in Howie’s room 15 minutes ago.”

“We were?”

“Yeah we said that after the meeting with the girls, but you ran out so fast after staring at the blond chick all night you obviously forgot. Guess you had to take care of some things Nicky?” That fuck head was enjoying this way too much.

“I’m leaving now fuck head. And her name’s Haley. And you enjoy making my life a living hell way too much.”

“I live for it. Bye.”

Fucker. I’d never live this down. Ever. I walked by the shower on my way out and contemplated making the guys wait more, but decided Kevin would get pissed. And if I wanted to find a groupie for the night I was going to have to speed this up.

End Narration

“Ah, he tore himself away from himself long enough to join us.”

“Fuck off Brian. Now what’s this meeting about? Let’s get it over with.”

“It’s about the girls. The four of us were talking before you got here and we want them to do some promotion for us the day the album comes out. What do you think?”

“Would we be seeing a lot of them?”

“If you hang around with them, yeah. But you don’t have to. Just be nice when you are around them.”

“Yeah, they can do promotion. That’s probably a good idea. We should just tell Jess or whatever her name is that she can’t flirt with everyone she meets.”

“Yeah, that might be good,” said Kevin laughing. “And Danielle to let the others talk once in a while.”

Howie spoke up next, “And the blond one not to be such a whore.”

“What?” Nick practically yelled. “She’s not a whore!”

“Sorry Nick,” AJ began, “but did you see how much make-up she had on?”

“It wasn’t that much AJ. And Howie don’t say shit about her just because you’re jealous because she got to be a cheerleader and you had to be a Backstreet Boy.” He couldn’t let that one go. He’d been waiting for a time to use it for weeks.

“Sorry Nick,” Brian said a little confused. He had just been calling Jessica a whore. What was so different about Haley? She was prettier, but why would that make a diff…Oh shit Nick liked Haley. That was why he wanted to know if they’d see each other again and why he got so mad when they called her a whore. It was the only explanation. And that’s also why he agreed to the cheerleaders doing promotion for them. Normally he thought stuff like that was pointless. But he’d only known her for like two hours. Maybe he just wanted to bang her. But then he wouldn’t be so mad when Howie and AJ called her a whore.

“Well guys, I gotta go. See ya tomorrow.” Said Nick getting up and hoping they would let him leave.

“Okay Nick. Remember we’re meeting the girls again tomorrow and we need to be in the meeting room at 2:30,” said Kevin.

“I know. I don’t forget everything. Bye,” and with that he left the room and started towards his. He didn’t even want a groupie anymore. The guys had really pissed him off and he didn’t know why. They called Jess a whore too. Hell HE had called Jess a whore. Why did he get so mad when they called Haley a whore? She did have a lot of make-up on.

Meanwhile:

“Guys, I think Nick likes Haley.” Brian blurted out.

“But they’ve only known each other for like two hours and I think they said a total of about four sentences to each other anyway.” argued Howie.

“I’m telling you he likes her. That’s why he asked at the end of the meeting if he’d see them again. It was directed right at Haley, but none of us thought anything of it. We just figured he thought she was hot. And I’m sure he did, but still. And that’s why he liked the idea of the girls doing promotion for us. He knew it would give him a chance to see her almost everyday.”

“You may be right. But right now I say we don’t worry about it. We’ll see where it goes.” answered Kevin. And that was that. Everyone forgot. Except Brian. He knew it was unusual for Nick to act this way. But he couldn’t get the guys to listen.

“Guys I’m gonna go back to my room. It’s getting late.”

“Okay, Bri. See ya in the morning.” Brian left the room, but instead of going to his room he went towards Nick’s. He noticed the door was open, but he knocked anyways knowing what Nick had been doing before he had come to Howie’s room. He didn’t need to walk in on that. “Who is it?”

“Brian.”

“Come in.” Brian walked in to see his friend flipping through channels and laying on the bed.

“Nick can I talk to you?”

“About what?”

“Haley.”

“What about her?”

“Do you like her?”

“Yeah she’s nice. Why?”

“That’s not what I meant and you know it.”

“Fine. She’s hot yeah. Do I wanna fuck her? Hell yeah. Anything else?”

“Do you like her?”

“I already answered that question Brian.”

“You know what I mean!”

“How could I? I’ve only known her for like three hours.” But even as he said it he couldn’t quite meet Brian’s eyes. He didn’t know if he liked her. Well, he knew he did but didn’t know how that was possible.

“Okay Nick. See you in the morning.”

“FUCK!!!!!” he yelled into his pillow after Brian had left. What the fuck was wrong with him? Why was he so obsessed about Haley? It scared the shit out of him. How could she have this effect on him already? He had known her for less than three hours. If she affected him this much already, what was going to happen in a week