- Text Size +
CHAPTER 14

Haley Narrating

I woke up and last night slowly came back to me. It had been amazing. Normally I wouldn’t have slept with him so soon, but like Melissa said, when the hot Backstreet Boy is concerned you say fuck your morals.

“Hey.” He said as he rubbed his eyes. “Good morning.”

“Hey.” He was really cute in the morning. His hair was sticking straight up all over the place. It was one of the funniest things I’d seen in a really long time. “Do you have any other clothes or anything, because I didn’t see you come in with any luggage.”

“No. I kinda forgot to pack stuff.”

“So you have nothing?”

“No, not really.”

“Okay, well, I’ll go buy you some stuff, like a toothbrush and when I get back I’ll take you shopping for clothes.”

“Okay.”

“So, how long are you planning on staying?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have to be anywhere until like May 8th or something. Then I have to be in California.”

“Okay. Just so we know how many clothes to buy.”

Nick Narrating

I walked into the bathroom to at least put on my clothes from last night. The jeans weren’t that dirty. I’d only worn them for three or four days. The shirt probably wasn’t the cleanest, but I should have though of that before I left. Underwear. Don’t know where that is. I looked around for a good five minutes before just giving up and not wearing any at all. I looked in the mirror and at first I thought I saw a giant bird on the top of my head, but it turns out it was just my hair. Haley just saw me with what looked like a fucking bird on top of my head. Great.

She came back about twenty minutes after leaving. She emptied a bag onto the bed. Inside was everything I would need, even a comb to tame the bird on my head. Then I spotted the toothbrush. It was purple with flowers on it.

“You got me a purple flowery toothbrush?”

“First of all, it’s lavender, and second it was the only one they had.”

“But it makes me feel all,”

“Gay?”

“I was gonna say girly, but thanks. That’s comforting.”

“Just use the damn toothbrush and later I’ll make you feel manly again.”

“Okay.” Once again I would still do whatever she told me to do. And the offer for sex didn’t hurt either. Last night was amazing. For a while I was sort of worried that I wouldn’t be able to get my pants off over my dick. It actually took me thinking about Kevin naked to get them off. Not a pleasant image.

I went into the bathroom and used the comb. That itself took a full ten minutes, but after making myself look human again I came back out.

“So,” Haley said, “ready to go shopping?”

“Do we have to?”

“Do you want to run around Massachusetts naked?”

“Could I just run around your apartment naked? How about that?”

“The sooner we get going the sooner we can get back.”

“Will you make me feel manly then?” Please make me feel manly then.

“Maybe.”

“Oh come on. Give me a yes or a no. Those maybes can kill a guy.”

She laughed. “Okay. Fine. When we get back I’ll make you feel manly.” Yes!

“Okay. Let’s go. What’s taking you so long?”

“I’m coming.” I was out the door before she could say it again. You could say maybe I was a little anxious to get back to her apartment.

Kevin Narrating

Where the fuck was he? He’d checked out of his hotel room, but all his stuff was still there. Explain that one to me. Even if he didn’t have to be anywhere he should tell us where he’s going. Or at least tell us leaving. I mean, what if he had been abducted. Sure, I doubted that had happened, but you never know.

“Where the hell is he?” I asked to the rest of the guys. Howie was talking with someone on the phone while AJ and Brian packed all his stuff.

“I have a pretty good idea.” Brian said.

“Well, where?” I demanded.

“Did you try and call his cell phone?”

“Of course. And it rang, but no one answered.”

“I have an idea.”

Brian Narrating

The first thing I did was call Haley’s cell phone. I just had a feeling he went there.

“Haley?”

“Yeah. Brian?”

“Yeah. Look, is Nick with you?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“He didn’t tell us he was leaving,”

“He didn’t tell you?”

“No.”

“Hold on.” On the other end of the phone I distinctly heard her scream for Nick.

Haley Narrating

“Dammit Nick why didn’t you tell them you were coming here?”

“I didn’t think of it.”

“How do you not think of it?”

“I didn’t even think to pack anything. Do you really think it occurred to me to tell the guys I was leaving?”

Brian Narrating

“What’s going on Brian?” Kevin demanded.

“Nick’s with Haley and she’s yelling at him now for not telling us.”

“Good. At least someone in that relationship has good sense. Because if I were there I would be so far up his ass!”

After I could tell Haley was done telling Nick everything she had to tell him I asked her, “Haley, do you know where Nick’s phone is?”

“No, hold on.”

Nick Narrating

“Nick, where’s your phone?” Shit. Where was my phone? I should know that. Let’s see. I had it on the way to the airport and then, oh fuck.

“It’s on the plane. I’m gonna have to get a new one of those.”

Brian Narrating

“He left it on the plane.” Haley said. “After we buy him some clothes I’ll take him to get a new one.”

“Okay. Thanks Haley. Keep an eye on him okay? He needs someone to look out for him, and apparently he wants you to.” I didn’t mean just then either. I think he wanted her to for a long time. But I’d let them figure that out.

“I will.”

“Bye.” Kevin looked at me. I knew that look too well. It was the tell me everything or I’m gonna fly to Massachusetts and drag him home by the ears look. “Well,” I began, “he went to see Haley, didn’t think to tell us or pack anything, and he left his cell phone on the plane. Haley’s going to buy him clothes and a phone today.”

“Good. Why the hell would he fly out there? Is there something I missed with her?”

“Well, I know he really liked her. He even came to me to help him figure out what to do when he wanted to ask her out. He usually doesn’t do that, so I don’t know what that means.”

“But he came to me when he wanted to ask her out.” Howie said.

“He came to me too.” Said AJ. I turned to Kevin.

“Did he come to you too?” I asked him.

“Yep.”

“So, hold on. Let me get this straight.” AJ said. “He came to all four of us, even D, for girl advice? Oh my God, give me Haley’s phone number. I have to call and give him shit about this.” I dialed Haley and handed him the phone.

AJ Narrating

Haley picked up the phone and I immediately asked for Nick.

“Hello?”

“So, Nicky. How are you?”

“What do you know?”

“Ah, you know me too well.”

“You never ask me how I’m doing unless you know something you can use against me.”

“Very true. Now, I was just conversing with the rest of the guys here, and we discovered that you came to each of us individually for girl advice.” This was just priceless. And I thought the condoms taped to his bunk was good. This was just perfect.

“Well, I didn’t want to seem desperate.”

“So, in order to not seem desperate you went to four different guys, including Howie, for help on how to get a girl? What happened to that Carter charm you always brag about? Wouldn’t it have been better to just ask one person for help and them ask them not to say anything?”

“Probably. Why don’t you tell me these things when I need to know them, not after it’s too late?”

“So I can watch you make an ass out of yourself. You’d think after I watched you do it so many times it would get old, but it never ever does.”

“I swear to God, if you ever tell Haley about this I will personally strangle that skinny little neck of yours.”

“Would you like me to tell her about the condoms taped to your bunk instead?” He just hung up on me. That little fuck just hung up on me as soon as it was getting fun.

“Condoms taped to his bunk?” Kevin asked.

“Oh yes. I’d forgotten you weren’t there. Come here D, so you can hear better. So a while back, me, Nicky and Brian decided to play Monopoly. We had to go get it from our bus, so since none of us brought the keys I had to climb through an open window. In the process of doing so I noticed three rows of condoms taped to his bunk. Turns out he’d been having sex on the bus. While we were on it.”

“With who?” Kevin wanted to know. This was fun. I should get a job in story telling. Maybe once this Backstreet thing ended I could do that. Alright. Something to look forward to.

“Shauna.”

“Our publicist Shauna?”

“The one and only.”

“But she’s older than me!”

“I know. So she’s like ancient. That’s what I said.” I ignored Kevin’s annoyed look about the crack at his age, and continued. “He just said that he was irresistible to women of all ages.”

Haley Narrating

“After we get done with this I’m taking you to buy a cell phone.”

“But I thought you were going to make me feel manly after this.”

“I will after you get a cell phone.”

“But I want to feel manly now!” he whined.

“I promise, after we get you a new, shiny cell phone I’ll make you feel very manly. Twice.”