- Text Size +
CHAPTER 15

Nick Narrating

So yesterday after we got home, she did make me feel manly. Three times!!!!! So that was fun. It sorta made my day. I also got a new cell phone and Haley programmed all five of the guys’ numbers in there, so now I could actually call them. And it was a camera phone so she put pictures that represented whoever was calling on the screen when they called.

Like when Howie called I got a picture of a chia pet. Or when AJ called I got a picture of a donkey. Then I actually learned how to program numbers myself, for the sole purpose of putting Haley’s number in. And when she called I got a picture of her. Then I put her as number two on my speed dial. I told her it was so none of the guys could start fighting over who got to be first after voicemail, but it was really because I was just a little bit obsessed.

And now, I can listen to my voicemail because I have a new password. It was probably the easiest password ever and later it occurred to me that it was the same password as my other phone. NICK. That was my password and I fucking forgot it last time. Maybe I should have made it HALEY. That we all knew I could remember.

I was trying to decide what to do today while Haley was at work. She got home at five, but until then I was on my own. Let’s see. I’d just woken up. I looked at the clock. 2:45. Wow and I was still tired. I guess feeling manly made me tired. So what could I do for another two hours?

Haley Narrating

When I got to the gym I noticed Danielle was there.

“Hey.” She said.

“Why aren’t you at work?” I asked.

“I took the week off. So what’s up with you? You didn’t call yesterday. We usually talk to each other everyday. I figured you must be really busy.”

She was gonna freak out. Oh well, better now than later. “Nick came.”

“WHAT?!!!! WHEN?”

“The night we got home.”

“So how many times have you slept with him since he got here?”

“How do you know I slept with him?”

“Haley, it’s Nick Carter. How could you not sleep with him?”

“Four times altogether.”

“That’s it?”

“Well yeah. Once the night he got there and three times last night.”

“When we tell this story to Jess we’ll have to up that number to fourteen or she won’t believe us. With her four times is nothing. She did that pimply kid at the airport four times. She would so not believe you only slept with Nick four times in two days.”

“Yeah. You’ve got a point.”

Nick Narrating

I know what I’ll do. But I’ll need a car.




Half an hour alter I had rented a car and I was driving to the nearest flower shop. I bought Haley a dozen roses. The lady behind the counter apparently thought I looked clueless. She told me I’d need to cut the ends off all the roses. That made no sense. Why would you cut off the flower? Oh, right. Other end. Got it. Okay, maybe I was a little clueless.

When I got back to Haley’s place I looked all over for a vase, but I couldn’t find one. It was already 3:45, so I was kinda in a hurry. I finally gave up and took one of the water pitchers out of the cabinet and stuck them in there. It didn’t look very fancy so I took a piece of paper and the crayon out of my pocket (we’ll get back to the crayon in a second) and I wrote To Haley on the paper and taped it on the vase.

Okay. So now about the crayon. Basically I just never know when the overwhelming urge to color would hit me so I carried around your basic crayon colors. Red, blue, green, and yellow. If you had those you could make almost anything.

Now, onto phase two of the master plan. I would cook. So, where were the takeout menus? After looking in a few drawers I found a KFC flyer with a number. I called and eventually persuaded them to bring over the food instead of me going to pick it up. While I was waiting for them to bring me my wonderful cooking I set the table. I got out all the utensils and the glasses we would need for the dinner. I looked at the table. It seemed like it was missing something important. Oh right. Plates.

Haley Narrating

I was glad work was over. I should have gone to bed sooner. I guess I did go to bed pretty early, I just had to make someone feel manly before I could go to sleep.

I got home and when I walked in the door I knew something was up. Nick greeted me at the door in a clean shirt. So right there I knew something was going on. I looked inside and I saw a table set with dinner.

“What’s all this?” I asked.

“Just a little something I whipped up.”

“You mean a little something you ordered form KFC?”

“Oh man. How did you know?” I pointed at the flier on the counter.

“Gotta learn to cover your tracks.”

“I’m sorry. I’m just really bad at cooking. I didn’t want to kill you before I really even got to know you.”

“It’s okay. I can’t cook either. I don’t care.”

“I just wanted it to be special.”

“It is.” And for the first time I kissed him instead of the other way around. “It’s very special.”




Nick Narrating

So the dinner was apparently very good. We ended up doing it once on her couch and again on the bed. I was really falling for her. I better be careful. Whenever I seem to fall too fast someone always seems to end up hurt. Or both of us.

I was sitting on the couch when something else hit me.

“Haley?”

“Yeah?”

“When do I have to leave?”

“What do you mean? I thought you didn’t have to be anywhere until the 8th.”

“I don’t, but when do you want me to leave?” Because I’d like to leave, like never.

She walked over and sat next to me on the couch. “You don’t have to leave until you want to. I’m not kicking you out. Until the 8th.”

“So, you wouldn’t care if I stayed here until the 8th?”

“Nope. Except you might want to fly out the 7th, because with the three hour time difference, you’ll be tired.”

“But other than that you don’t care when I leave?”

“No.”

“So, can I stay until then?”

“I’d love it if you did.” After she said that I pulled her into me and kissed her. It wasn’t until that moment that I knew she felt the same way as I did. Yay!

Danielle Narrating

“Mel,” I said, “I think Haley is falling for him too fast. What if he ends up hurting her?”

“Haley’s a big girl. She can take care of herself. Besides, you already threatened Nick. What more can you do?”

“I don’t know, but there has to be something. I don’t want her to get hurt. I just don’t trust him.”

“Why?”

“He’s a total whore.”

“I know that and Haley knows that. Look, Haley’s a smart girl. She’s always been smart about guys before, so what’s so different about this time?”

“She hasn’t always been smart. Remember Ryan? And Jason? Sure it was okay for a while, but then look what happened.”

“Yeah. And remember your old boyfriends? Adam? And Mark? We all make bad choices, but eventually we all have to make good ones too. Maybe this is Haley’s good one.”



Haley Narrating

Nick had been staying with me for almost a week now, and I still wasn’t sick of him yet. Usually when I lived with people they started annoying me after two or three days. I knew I shouldn’t feel the way I did about him so soon, but at the same time, I couldn’t help it.

As I was trying to fall asleep I kept trying to come up with logical answers for the way I felt and why I felt that way, but I couldn’t. Maybe I really did just feel that way. To tell you the truth it scared the hell out of me. It was different than the other times and I didn’t like that. I wanted it to be the same so I would know what to do. But I guess if it were the same it would end the same way, and I don’t need to go through that again.


The next morning I woke up and Nick was already out of bed. I was surprised to see that since I usually woke up before him. I got dressed and walked downstairs to fins him making breakfast. Cereal. Without milk.

“What’s with the cereal?”

“It’s breakfast.”

“What about milk?”

“I knew I was forgetting something. Where’s your milk?”

“Um, it’s in the cabinet under the sink.” And you know what? The dumbass looked under the freaking sink. “Nick, the milk’s in the fridge.”

“Oh. Yeah that would make more sense.”

Nick Narrating

So, she had only been up for about ten minutes and I’d already managed to make an ass out of myself twice. You know how I was hoping that would get better after I got to know her? It didn’t. And you know how I always basically wanted to have sex with her? And how I was hoping that would get better? It didn’t. If anything it got worse.

We ate the breakfast I had prepared and then I started thinking about the fact that it was only 10:30. We couldn’t have sex all day. Well, I wouldn’t mind that, but I don’t think Haley would go for that.

“So,” I asked, “What are we going to do today?”

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?”

“Do you forget that I don’t live here, so I don’t know what there is to do?”

“Well, we could go get ice cream, but then I guess I’ll have to wear my sneakers in case we get chased again.”

“Did you have to bring that up?”

“Yeah I did.”

“So seriously what are we going to do?”

“We could go swimming at the pool downstairs.” Swimming. That meant Haley in a bathing suit. Well, as long as I stayed in the water and then just kept a towel wrapped around there that would be fine.

“Sure. Sounds fun. But we can’t swim for eight hours.”

“No, but after I figure you’ll have some ideas of what we could do.”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I’ll be all wet and slippery in my bathing suit, but if there’s nothing you want to do about that then we can just go to a movie or something. That’s fine with me.”

“Oh no. There’s a lot of things I want to do about that. I mean, a lot of things.” I could just do those things now if she wanted. I remember last time she went swimming enough that I would be totally fine. But I couldn’t tell her that.

“Good. Then we’ll go swimming and then we can come back and you can have your way with me.”

“Can we skip the swimming part?”

“No.”

“Why?”

“Because we can’t just have sex all day.”

“Why not.”

“Because.”

“Fine. Let’s go.”

“Oh, so now you’re all anxious to go?”

“I’m just anxious to get back. Last time I saw you in a bathing suit I was freaking out the whole time. I wouldn’t mind that again.” I really wouldn’t mind that again.

“Oh, well I’m glad I could entertain you.”

“You entertain me very well.” Except when you’re not around. Then you force me into cold showers about twenty hours of the day, but other than that you entertain me very well. I probably shouldn’t say that huh?