- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Wow. It's been so long. I apologize, but things have been crazy. I really hope I didn't lose readers, but I understand if I did. I know this is short, but I wanted to put it out so you all had SOMETHING to read. More should be out tomorrow. Once I get through all my college applications, SAT studying and ACT studying, I should have more time for my stories. Until then, I'll try to put out a chapter a day. R&R!
My eyes slowly began to open as I felt the rumble of the highway below me. I pulled back the curtains a bit and saw the sun beginning to rise out my window. I smiled and crawled out of bed. It wasn’t like I was going to be able to fall back asleep now that I was awake, anyway. I went into the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee. I opened the blinds to the side where the sun was rising and snuggled back on the couch. I pulled a blanket up to my chest and rested my head on the back of the sofa. It was the perfect view.

“Morning,” I heard Aaron yawn from the bunk area.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to wake you up,” I whispered. “You should go back to sleep.”

“It’s cool,” Aaron shrugged and fell down on the couch next to me. He made a pillow out of my shoulder and squinted to look out the window. “Wow, so beautiful.” He muttered.

“I know, I love watching the sun rise--.” I began.

“I wasn’t talking about the sunrise,” he glanced up at me from my shoulder, his long blonde hair hiding his eyes.

“Ha, ha. Very funny,” I laughed and hit him with a pillow. “It’s six o’clock in the morning, Carter. The only thing beautiful at this moment is the sunrise.” I smiled, completely blowing off the idea that he gave me a compliment that made my heart soar. “But thank you.” I smiled down at him.

“You are beautiful, you know,” he mumbled and stood up to get some food out of a box he had stashed in the front. “You’re welcome.” He called back to me. As soon as he was out of sight behind the curtain in the front with the driver, I bit my bottom lip and tossed my head back on the couch. He had called me beautiful and meant it. I could see it in his eyes.

He had called me beautiful.