- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
If anyone remembers, this is our hit story from FF.Net that was sadly lost when the site deleted the Music section. We hope it comes back as popular as it once was! Enjoy!
"Okay, the phone's off the hook... the cell phone's on silent... I think I'm ready!" Stephanie sat down on the couch and turned the channel to MTV. A small squeal escaped her lips when she saw five men she's loved for years. "Please God, let me win!"

"Alright everyone, we're back with the Backstreet Boys right here on TRL!" Carson Daly announced, the fans screaming when the camera came into their view. He turned to the guys, who were waving and smiling. "Now tell me about this contest being held on your official website. Rumor has it that you actually had to shut it down for a couple of hours in order to sort all the entries."

"Yes, the reaction to this contest has been huge. Each fan has one chance to enter. He or she writes about what kind of lesson they would like from one of us and why. We use a program that picks a random entry. Not only will the winner be able meet us and receive lessons, but also join us for the duration of our Black & Blue tour," Kevin explained, smiling as the screams increased in volume.

"I LOVE YOU, KEVIN! PICK ME!" A girl shouted from the back of the room, every piece of her clothing had something to do with the Backstreet Boys.

"I love you too, Darling, but remember; the winner is chosen randomly," Kevin chuckled, fighting not to raise his eyebrows.

"Sounds like a lot of fans out there are determined to win," Carson commented. "How about we find out who that lucky person is?"

"I'll read it!" Nick offered, reaching for the laptop.

"I don't think so, Blondie. I'll do it," AJ smacked his hands away.

"Hey, holding the contest online was my idea! I should do it!" Brian objected, reaching over AJ.

"Fellas, we're on MTV! You promised not to fight until we got on the bus!" Kevin groaned as the other three began to argue, the laptop perched on the unoccupied armchair. Howie glanced at Carson and chuckled before bringing the laptop into his own lap. He pulled up the program and clicked select. Carson sat on the arm of the couch and the audience grew quiet as the computer processed the request. Stephanie stared at the television, her fingers crossed and then clasped together in prayer.

"Please, God, please! Let me win! I'll never ask You for anything else, I promise. I know I said that when I got front row seats for the Millennium concert, but--"

"We have a winner!" Howie announced with a smile and everyone held their breaths.

"And the lucky fan is..." Carson trailed off, the drum roll overpowering the bickering from the four men.

"Stephanie James from St. Paul, Minnesota! And she has requested for... Spanish lessons from me. Congratulations!" Howie beamed, somewhat surprised that he was the Boy to be picked.

"Oh my God... I won... I WON! I FREAKING WON!" Stephanie shrieked, jumping to her feet and breaking into a victory dance.

Nick blanked upon the screen of Stephanie's television screen, his face screwed with offense that Howie had picked without his knowledge. "What the fu--"

"Congratulations Stephanie!" Brian and Kevin immediately called as AJ burst into loud snickers.

"Thank you!" Stephanie called back, though it was impossible for them to hear.

"Wait a minute! Howie got to pick! That's not fair, we're all--"

"If you all would have stopped arguing like twelve-year-olds, maybe you would have been able to," Howie interrupted.

"Kiss my as--"

"Well, that's all we have for today! Stephanie, congratulations! You'll be getting a phone call any minute to gather all the details. I'm Carson Daly and we'll see you tomorrow!"