- Text Size +
Chapter 18

It was almost three o’clock when Cass had finished her shift. She was exhausted by then, and was still thinking about the song that Holly had performed. It had made her realize that both Mary and Holly had been right. She needed to follow her heart this time, and let go of the past. She wanted to start a new life, but she was still not sure if she wanted Nick to be a part of it. She had spoken to Holly after the concert, and they had agreed to meet for lunch the next day. Cass was very happy that she had finally found someone her own age to confide in and talk to.

It was a warm night, and Cass decided that she wanted to walk home. It wasn’t that far, only about thirty minutes away. She wasn’t a bit tired, and she thought that the fresh air might do her good. She said her good byes to Mike and the bartender that was left, and walked out of the club. She hadn’t been walking for more than five minutes when she heard someone whistle behind her. In the corner of her eye, she could see two guys crossing the street and walking up behind her. They weren’t that close, but still it made her feel uncomfortable.
“Well, well… would you look at that fine piece of ass.” She could hear a voice say.
“Yea, she’s a hot one.”
Cass continued to walk a bit faster without looking over her shoulder.
“Hey baby, wanna go for a ride with us?” One of the guys yelled after her. She could hear them laughing, as she started to walk even faster.
“You’re not scared are you? We just wanna have some fun.” Cassidy still didn’t turn around. She could heart them getting closer, as she started to run.
“Aww… There’s no need to run baby. You ain’t going nowhere.”
Cassidy could feel her heart beating faster and faster, and she was breathing heavily, as she continued to run. She could hear them running too. They were a lot faster than her, and before she knew it, they had grabbed both her arms, and were holding her back. Cass struggled to break free from their firm grip, but they were too strong.
“Let me go.” She cried out. Her voice sounded a lot stronger than she felt.
“You’re not scared, are you?” One of the guys whispered in her ear.
“Please, let me go.” Cass pleaded. She could feel tears forming in her eyes, and her voice was weaker as she spoke again. “Don’t hurt me, please. Somebody, help me.”
“There’s no need to yell honey. No one’s going to hear you.”
Suddenly, she heard a car behind them. She prayed a silent prayer that they would let her go and run before the driver saw them, but they just tightened the grip around her arms. The car pulled over to the side, and the guys dragged her over towards it.
“No, please…” Cassidy cried. “Please don’t do this.”
The driver stepped out of the car, and opened the car door.
“Nice catch guys.” He said as they pushed her inside the car and joined her in the backseat.
The driver sat down in the driver seat, and they drove away.
Cass didn’t think she had been this scared ever, and she continued to cry silently as one of the guys started stroking her hair. She shivered and tried to turn away.
“You don’t like that, do you? Carl, blindfold her!” He said.
“No…” Cass whispered as tears were rolling down her cheek. “Please don’t…”
But they didn’t listen. Within a minute, they had blindfolded her, and tied her arms and leg. They continue to stroke her hair, her thighs, arms and neck. She couldn’t do anything to resist, and while she was sitting there, she was thinking about what they were going to do to her.

Finally, they stopped the car and dragged her out of it. She had a hard time standing up because they had tied her legs together, and after a few seconds she fell to the ground. She cried out when she landed on her right arm, which was still sore from the accident. One of the boys finally took of her blindfold, and revealed the setting. She looked around confused, letting her eyes adjust to the darkness. It looked like they had pulled over at a bus stop. She was surrounded by fields and trees, there were no houses in sight, and the road was deserted. She didn’t think she had been there before, but she assumed that they were somewhere north from the town.
“Now, what do we do now?” One of the guys said looking down at her. She closed her eyes, whishing that they would just leave.
“I know.” One of the others bent down next to her. “How about this?” He said, removing her shoes and letting his hand travel up and down her long legs. Cassidy twisted on the ground.
“And this…” He lifted her t shirt to reveal her bare stomach. Suddenly, he stopped.
“Shit, Carl. I think someone’s coming.” Cass opened her eyes. The guys were all looking in one direction.
“Fuck. We have to leave, now. We’ll dump her in the ditch. Come on, help me lift her.”
Cassidy closed her eyes again, as they half lifted, half dragged her over to the ditch and threw her in. She cried out when a rock hit her shoulder, and before she realized what had happened, the guys had jumped in the car and left.

Cassidy didn’t know if she wanted to scream, cry or smile.
They were gone.
Suddenly she heard the sound of a car getting closer, and she realized that she needed to get up and be seen. She tried to stand up, but her legs were still tied together, as was her arms, and it was impossible for her to it as fast as she had to. She tried again, but just as she managed to get herself up in a sitting position, she saw the car drive past and away from her. Her heart sank and she started crying again. She sat there for a few moments without moving, before she realized that she had to do something. With all the will she had left, she pulled herself up in a standing position, and out of the ditch. She looked around. Her purse was lying on the ground next to her shoes, and she slowly made her way over to it. She sat down on the ground, and with her hands, that were still tied together, she opened it and pulled out her cell phone and wallet. ‘Who do I call?” She thought to herself. The only person she could think of was Mary, but she was at the hospital working night shift and Cass didn’t know how to reach her. She looked down at her wallet. Only one option left…

“Hey guys, I think I’ll go to bed.” It was long past midnight, and the guys had been hanging out in the living room talking about recording the new album, what to name it, and of course, Cass. Nick was happy that he had run in to her, but disappointed that she hadn’t called. At least now he knew where she worked, and it made it a lot easier for him to see her if he wanted to.
“Good nigh.” The guys said in unison and Nick waked out of the room.

He had only been asleep for a few hours, when he was woken up by a terrible noise in his room.
“Arhg…” He mumbled to himself as he realized that it was his phone ringing. “I’ll kill you Aaron…” He said to himself, referring to his younger brother, as he picked up the phone and answered it.
“What?” He said, sounding tired and irritated.
There was silence in the other end.
“Hello, anyone there?”
“Nick?” He heard a female voice on the other end.
“Who is this?” He asked confused, still sounding very tired.
“I didn’t mean to wake you up. I’m sorry… I just…” She said, her voice breaking.
It took a few seconds for Nick to recognize her voice, but when he did, it only took him a quarter of a second to wake up.
“Cass?”