- Text Size +
Chapter 21

After Nick had left, Cass sat down to tell Mary what had happened the night before. She told him about how the guys had pushed her into the car and tied her arms and legs. How they had almost gotten their way with her, and that she had called Nick, and that’s how he had ended up in Mary’s apartment. Mary couldn’t believe what Cass told her, and she felt so sorry for her having to go through so much.
“Oh, I have to go, Mary. I’m meeting Holly for lunch.”
“Holly?”
“Oh, I forgot to tell you. I met her last night at the club. She performs there once in a while. We stared talking, and she invited me to lunch.”
“That’s nice.” Mary said. “You need someone your own age to hang out with.”
Cass smiled. “Yea, I wouldn’t want to hang around you too much.” She joked.
Mary laughed. “Funny sweetie. Now, get out of here.” She laughed and pushed Cass towards the front door.
“Yes ma’m.”

“Are you serious?” Holly said shocked. Cass had just told her about the incidence last night, and Holly couldn’t believe what she had just been told.
“Yea.” Cass looked down.
“Man… I don’t know what to say. Thank god for Nick.”
“I know. I can’t believe he actually drove around for almost two hours trying to find me.”
“He must really like you.”
“I don’t know…”
“Duh!” Holly laughed. “I’m glad you’re ok though.”
“Yea, me too.”
“So tell me, how’d you meet?”
“Who, Nick?”
“No Santa… Yes, Nick.”
Cass hesitated. She didn’t know if she wanted to talk about it. But then again, maybe it was time for her to start opening up to people. She liked Holly, and this could be her chance to start over.
“Cass? You’re quiet. Did I say something wrong?” Holly asked.
Cass shook her head. “No, not at all… it’s just a long story, that’s all.”
“I have plenty of time. Tell me.”
Cass took a deep breath. “Well… a couple of weeks ago I was in a car accident. I was hit by a taxi, and Nick was in the car together with two of his friends.”
“Man… you are one unlucky girl… what happened next?” Holly asked concerned.
“They put me in a coma for about a week until my body was ready to heal on its own.”
“And Nick?”
“He came to see me everyday, I mean, that’s what they tell me.”
“And he didn’t even know you?”
Cass shrugged. “I was so confused when I woke up and saw him sitting there. I thought I had lost my memory or something.” She took a sip of her diet coke.
“Man, this guy is amazing.”
Cass blushed a little. “Yea, I guess he is. There’s a catch though…”
Holly frowned.
“Promise you won’t scream or anything, k?” Cass said.
“Why would I do that?”
“Well…” She paused, “he’s kinda famous.” Cass watched as Holly’s eyes grew wider.
“What do you mean famous?”
“You know, people know who he is and stuff.” She said sarcastically.
“I know what famous means. Who is he?”
“He’s a Backstreet Boy.”
“A Backstreet Boy? Nick…?” Holly paused, trying to figure out who he was. As soon as she realized, her eyes grew even wider, if possible. “No WAY!! Nick CARTER?” she said, a bit too loud. A few heads turned, but Cass ignored it. Holly lowered her voice.
“Are you serious? You’re dating Nick CARTER?”
“Yes… I mean, no. We’re not dating. I don’t even know him that well.”
“But you like him?”
“I didn’t say that.”
Holly took a deep breath, and Cass knew what was coming.
“Cass… I haven’t even known you for one day, and I can tell that you really like him. I mean, you wouldn’t have called him last night if you didn’t.”
“I guess…!”
“Hey, you know what? You need something to get your mind of things. Tonight, we’re goin’ clubbing.”
Cass sighed. “I can’t. I’m working tonight.”
“Oh… ok. Tomorrow then.” Holly smiled.
“Great.” Cass agreed. “But you do know what we need to do, now. Right?”
The girls looked at each other. “SHOPPING!” They laughed.

“Oh my gosh. That looks sooo good on you.” Holly said exited.
Cass was trying on a dark green halter neck dress that showed off just the right features on her body. It didn’t show off too much, but it was sexy in an elegant way, and it was the exact same colour as her eyes.
Cass smiled. “I love it. You think I should get it?”
“Absolutely.”
Cass bought the dress, and the girls went searching for matching shoes, and something for Holly to wear. Two hours later, they were all set.
“I have to go home and get ready for work.” Cass said.
“Ok, I’ll meet you at your place tomorrow at 6PM like we said before.”
“Sure.”
The girls hugged.
“I had a great time today.” Holly said
“Me too.”
“See you tomorrow then.”
“Bye.”

It was the next day, and Holly had just arrived at Cass’ and Mary’s apartment. The girls were putting on make up when Cass’ phone rang. She looked at the display on the phone.
“Oh my gosh…”
“What?” Holly asked, about to apply some eye liner.
“It’s Nick.”
“Well, answer it then.” Holly turned around.
“I don’t know what to say.” Cass was freaking out.
“Cass, just answer it, will you?”
Cass took a deep breath and pressed the answer button.
“Hello?” She said.
“Hey Cass, it’s Nick.”
“Nick, hi.” Cass tried to sound surprised.
“How are you?”
“I’m fine.
There was an awkward silence between them.
“So…” Nick continued. “I was just wondering if you were doing anything tonight?”
“Oh… I’m going clubbing with a friend.” She said, sounding almost sorry.
“Oh, ok…”
Silence again.
“Umm…Maybe I can come?” Nick asked.
Cass sighed. “I don’t know Nick. My friend would feel left out.” Cass looked over at Holly, who shook her head, no.
“I’ll bring Aj. He’s always ready for a night out.”
“Could you hold on for a sec, Nick?” Cass covered up her phone and turned to Holly.
“He wants to know if he can come…” she whispered frantically. “And he wants to bring a friend…”
“Of course they can come. Is his friend hot? Is he a Backstreet Boy?” Holly asked.
“I don’t know. Wait… didn’t you have a boyfriend?”
Holly shook her head. “We broke up.”
Cass frowned.
“I’ll tell you later.” Holly continued.
“Well, what do I say then?” Cass was still whispering, afraid that Nick might hear them talking.
“Tell them to pick us up at 9ish. He knows where you live, right?”
Cass nodded, but didn’t move her phone up to her ear.
“Cass, come on.” Holly nudged Cass’ shoulder.
She took a deep breath again.
“Nick, you there?”
“Yea, what took you so long?”
“Oh, nothing. Can you pick us up at my place at 9 o’ clock?”
Nick sounded relieved. “Sure thing. See ya then.”
“Ok, bye.”
“Bye Cass.”
Cass hung up, lowered her phone and turned to Holly again.
“I can’t do this Holly.” She said shaking her head.
“Of course you can. Now, lets get you ready for your date!” Holly said, dragging Cass over to the mirror. “It’s gonna be one hell of a night.”