- Text Size +
“Hey Bone, can I talk to you for a second?” Nick said, walking up to Aj.

It was noon on thanksgiving, and the guys had just finished a radio interview. They were now on their way out to the van that would take them back to the hotel.

“Sure man.”
“Listen… I was thinking.” He paused.
“Well, that’s a first….” Aj said, rolling his eyes.
“Funny.” Nick smirked. “But seriously. Brian, Kevin and Howie all have plans for tonight, and since it’s thanksgiving, I was thinking that maybe you and I could surprise Cass and Holly. You know… show them Paris by night, or something like that. What do you say?”
“One night in Paris… huh? Guess you’ve been there.” Aj joked, referring to Nick’s relationship with Paris Hilton.
“Yea, and let’s just say…it ain’t all that. Anyways… are you with me? I really wanna surprise her. I have this great idea.”
“I’m in. Tell me about it.”
The guys walked over to the van, while Nick told Aj about his ideas for the night.

Cass was sitting on the bed in Nick’s hotel room, reading a book, when she heard the door open. She looked up and saw Nick walk into the room.
“Hey baby.” She smiled, putting the book down.
“Hey.” Nick sat down next to her and gave her a kiss on the lips.
“How was the interview?”
“It was good. I’m kinda getting tired of having to answer the same questions again and again though.”
“So… are you busy tonight? Maybe we could do something. I mean, it is thanksgiving, after all.”
“I have plans… Me and Aj are visiting a children’s hospital to surprise some fans.”
“Oh… ok.” Cass couldn’t help but sound a little disappointed.
“I’m sorry… I have a few hours off now though.” He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. “And I wouldn’t mind spending them like this.” He lay down, letting Cass rest her head on his chest.
Cass sighed. She wanted so bad to spend the evening with him, but she knew that he had a job to do, and she just had to accept that.
They lay there, chatting for a while, until they both fell asleep.

It was a couple of hours later that Nick woke up, realizing that they both had fallen asleep. He sat up, careful not to wake Cass, praying that he hadn’t overslept. He looked at his watch and gave out a sigh of relief. It showed ten to 5 PM. Perfect timing. He was meeting Aj downstairs in ten minutes.
“Cass… baby. Wake up.” He shook her gently and bent down to give her a small kiss.
Cass opened her eyes, and smiled. “Hey.” She sat up. “What time is it?”
“Time for me to leave…” Nick replied.
“Oh…”
“I’m meeting Aj down at the lobby in ten minutes. Wanna walk me down?”
Cass nodded. “Sure.”
“Good. I just need five minutes to get ready.” Nick walked over to the bathroom and closed the door behind him.
Five minutes later, he came out, wearing a pair of jeans and a blue shirt with the word “Rock star” written across the chest. Cass walked up to him, giving him a hug.
”You look nice.” She smiled.
“Gotta dress up for those kids, you know. And the cute nurses.”
Cass smacked his chest. “Watch it Carter!”
Nick just laughed. “Come, on. Let’s go.” He took her hand and they made their way down to the lobby where Aj and Holly were waiting for them.
“Hi.” Aj greeted. “Our car is here, Nick. We have to leave right now.”
Nick nodded, and turned to Cass. “I need you to do one thing.”
Cass looked at him confused as Nick continued. “You and Holly need to go up to my room and just wait there. No questions, k? Just trust me.”
“But…”
“No questions Cass.”
Cass looked at Holly, who had the same confused look on her face. They both nodded.
They said goodbye to the guys, and walked up to Nick’s room.

“Wonder what that was all about.” Holly asked as they entered the room. She sat down on the couch and turned on the TV.
“I guess we’ll just have to wait and see…”
“Maybe they booked an hour of massage for us.” Holly smiled. “That would have been so great right now.”
“I know.” Cass walked over to the window and looked over at the Eiffel Tower, wondering when she would be able to go there.
Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Cass looked over at Holly who smiled excitedly.
“Open it.” She said to Cass.
Cass walked over to the door, and opened it.
“Delivery for Cassidy Jacobs and Holly Green.”
Cass looked at the man standing in front of her. She recognized him as one of the receptionists. He handed her two gift wrapped boxes, and walked away without further explanation. Cass stood by the door with the two boxes in her hands, and watched him disappear around the corner. She then closed the door, and walked back into the room where Holly was waiting for her.
“Who was it?” She asked as Cass put the two boxes down on the bed.
“One of the receptionists… He gave me this.” She pointed down at the boxes, and noticed a letter attached to one of them. “There’s a letter here.” She said.
“Well… open it.” Holly walked over to her get a closer look.
Cass opened it and read it out loud.

Girls

You didn’t think we’d leave you alone on thanksgiving, did you?
A car will be picking you up at 7PM.
Hope you like the gifts. Wear them!

Nick and Aj


Holly and Cass exchanged looks, and quickly picked up the boxes with each of their name written on it and opened them.
They both gasped when they found what was inside. Nick and Aj had each bough them a dress with matching shoes. Cass held up her dress. It was a satin gown in the colour of deep red with a beautiful pleated neckline, complimented by glittering rhinestone halter tie straps. Holly’s dress was a baby blue halter style gown with a deep V neckline accented by a necklace that was sewn into the dress, and an open back. Both gowns had matching shoes with small details on them. The girls were in awe, and for a moment they both just stood there, holding up their gowns, and looking at them.
They were both interrupted by another knock on the door. Cass laid the gown down on the bed and walked over to open the door.
Two women around the age of 35 walked into the room, smiling.
“Hi,” one of them said. “Jamie Holmes and Sarah Jenkins, hair and makeup.”
Cass looked at Holly and laughed. “Wow… our boys really outdid themselves on this one.”
Holly nodded and smiled. “Yup. No wonder we love them so much.”
“Well.” Sarah said, walking up to Holly. “We have to get you ready by 7, so we better get started.”

The girls spent the next hour and a half getting ready for the night with the boys. Once they were done, they only had a few minutes before they were supposed to leave. They both grabbed their coats and headed down to the lobby where they were met by a limo driver who took them outside to a white limousine. Cass and Holly didn’t know what to say, all they could do was smile, as the limo drove away.

Half an hour later the limo stopped. Cass looked out the window, and gasped. They had arrived at the Eiffel Tower.
“It’s the Eiffel Tower,” Holly said, sounding just as surprised as Cass felt. The car door was opened by the driver, and the girls stepped out.
“Follow me.” The driver said. Holly and Cass giggled and linked arms, as they followed the driver over to one of the entrances to the tower. They walked into an elevator and waited for the driver to enter.
“I will wait for you by the car. There’s someone waiting for you up there.” He smiled and pointed to the top. He pushed a button, the doors closed, and the girls could feel the elevator move upwards. The ride up was made in silence. They were both enjoying the view over the city through the glass walls. As the elevator came to a halt, they looked at each other and smiled. They stepped out, and were met by a guy, holding out a hand to take their coats. They willingly gave them to him, and without a word, he led them over to the doors that led outside. He opened them and the girls walked through them.

Nick and Aj were standing with their back to them, leaning on the rail, caught up in a conversation. The second they heard the doors close, they turned to face the girls. The guys were both dressed in back with ties matching their girl’s dress. Nick smiled and walked up to Cass.
“You look… wow.” He said, giving her a warm hug and a kiss on the cheek.
Cass blushed. “You look kinda… wow too.” He kissed her lips softly, and put an arm around her.

The four of them spent half an hour at the top of the tower, before the guys told them that it was time to leave.
“Where are we going?” Holly asked, as they sat in the limo on their way to their next destination.
“You’ll have to wait and see.” Aj said, kissing her cheek, and resting a hand on her thigh.
“Aww… come on,” Cass nudged Nick. “Tell us.”
Nick and Aj just laughed and shook their heads while the girls sighed.

Half an hour later, they arrived at their next destination. They all waked out, and the girls found themselves in front of a restaurant that overlooked the river Seine. It was small, but fancy. They walked into a room that was separated from the main restaurant that seemed to be full. There was a table for four in the middle of the room. The lights were dimmed, and there were candles everywhere.
“Oh, guys, this is beautiful.” Cass said throwing her arms around Nick, giving him a kiss on the lips.
“When did you have time to arrange all this?” Holly asked.
“Umm… That children’s hospital was kinda a lie. We had to have an excuse to get away for a few hours.” Aj said.
“Aww… that is so sweet.”
Nick led Cass over to the table. “Girls, why don’t you sit down? We’ll be right back.”
Without another word, Aj and Nick left the room.
“They are so amazing.” Holly sighed. “I can’t believe they did all this.”
“I know… I wonder what they’re up to now.”
The girls continued to chat for a few minutes, when the guys came back in to the room. Nick was carrying his guitar, and they both walked over to two chairs that were placed next to the table. The girls just stared at them and waited for either of them to say something.
Once they were seated, Nick spoke. “We wanted to sing you a song that reflects how we feel. You’ve heard this one before, but we’re doing an acoustic version of it.”
Nick picked up his guitar, and started playing Safest Place to Hide.
They sang the song with so much passion, that it brought tears to both Cass and Holly’s eyes. Every time it was Nick’s turn to sing, he looked straight into Cass’ eyes, showing her how he felt, and with every word that escaped his lips, she felt how much she meant to him.

Half an hour into their dinner, they were interrupted by screams, coming from the kitchen area. At first they just thought it was someone getting yelled at, so they just ignored it. Then, seconds later, a waitress came running into the room.
“FIRE.” She yelled with a French accent as thick smoke surrounded her.
The four of them looked at each other confused.
“Shit!!!!” Aj yelled, standing up. He pulled Holly with him towards the exit. Nick did the same with Cass. As they ran out of the room, thick smoke surrounded them, and Cass had to cover her mouth to prevent herself from fainting. She could feel Nick’s grip around her arm tighten as they ran towards the exit. Finally, fresh air filled her lounges, and she removed her hand. People around them were screaming, coughing and crying.
“Cass, are you ok?” Nick asked concerned, putting his arms around her. All she could do was nod as she felt tears forming in the corner of her eyes.
“Nick,” Aj walked up to them. “I think we should help. There are still people in there. Children.”
Nick nodded, and let go of Cass.
“NO!” Cass cried out. “You can’t. You’ll hurt yourself.”
He placed a firm grip on her shoulders. “I’ll be fine Cass. We can’t just stand here and watch. I’ll be right back. Don’t go anywhere.”
“Nick… Please.” Cass pleaded, tears rolling down her cheek.
“I’ll be right back. I love you.” He whispered, giving her a kiss and then ran into the building.
Cass walked over to Holly. The girls hugged, as they watched Nick and Aj disappear. The building didn’t show any signs of flames yet, but the smoke coming out through the doors, was getting thicker and thicker with every second. To Cass, time stood still, and all she could hear was the sound of sirens getting closer.
Suddenly, she saw Aj running out of the building, carrying a teenage boy. He ran over to the ambulance that had just arrived together with the fire trucks, and put the boy down. As he was about to run into the restaurant again, flames took control over the building, and he was held back by a fire fighter. He ran over to Holly and Cass.
“Where’s Nick?” Cass yelled, freaking out.
“He’s still in there. They wouldn’t let me go back in. There are still a few people left in there.”
Cass ran towards the burning building, ready to enter, but Aj grabbed her arms.
“It’s too dangerous Cass.”
“No!” She cried. “Nick’s in there.” She put her arms around Aj, and cried.
“There’s nothing you can do Cass.”
Suddenly, there was a big explosion, and the whole building was covered in flames.
“NOOOOO!!!!”