- Text Size +

Six months later.

 

“I can’t believe this is our final show.” Nick said as the guys entered the NY Radio City Music Hall in New York. They had been touring for the past ten months, and were now very anxious to go home to their friends and family.

“I know.” Aj nodded. “It seems like we’ve been on the road forever.”

“Yea, but yet it’s like we just started.”

“It’s like this with every tour,” Kevin said as a cell phone started ringing. The guys all pulled out their phones.

“Mine.” Nick said, seeing Cass’ number on the display. “Hey baby.” He answered.

“Hi Nick.”

“How’s it going?”

Cass sighed. “Good. I just can’t wait until you get home.”

“I know, baby. Just a few more hours now, and I’ll be right there with you.”

He was catching a flight to Orlando that same night after the show, which meant that he would be home early the next morning.

“I’ll be up waiting for you.” Cass said.

Nick smiled. “You don’t have to do that. Just go to sleep, and I’ll be there sooner than you think.”

“I don’t think I can sleep Nick…”

“Just try, ok? For me.”
She laughed a little. “Ok… I’ll try.”
”Listen, I gotta go now. We’re doing soundcheck. The show’s in three hours.”

“Ok. See you soon.”

“I love you.”

“Love you too, Nick.”

They hung up, and Nick went to get ready for their show, happy that it was their last, and that he would finally be with Cass again.

 

It was just after 10 PM that same night, and Cass was sitting in Nick’s living room watching a movie. For the past few weeks, she had spent more time at his place than she had at her own apartment. Somehow, she felt safer there, having his stuff around her all the time.

She hadn’t gotten to see him as much as she wanted to for the past six months. She flew to London to surprise him on his birthday, and he had come home for a week to celebrate Easter with her in late March. It had been over three months since the last time she saw him, and knowing that he was only hours away, made her restless and very exited.

 

The rumour about her and Nick was… well, not a rumour anymore. Everybody knew that Cassidy Jacobs was Nick Carter’s fiancée, and surprisingly enough, his fans were fine with it. They had accepted Cass months ago, and though there would always be a few ‘haters’ out there, they left Cass alone.

 

Cass stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. She stopped in front of one of the large windows and looked outside. From there she had a view over the neighbourhood and the driveway. Nick had been talking about getting a security gate once he got home, because for now, it was very easy to get access to the property. At first, it had bothered Cass that people could just walk straight up to the front door, but she had gotten used to it eventually. She looked down the driveway and spotted a car parked at the end of it. The front lights were on, and she wasn’t able to see the person inside. Cass frowned and felt her heart skip a beat. The car looked familiar to her, but she didn’t know where she had seen it before. She shrugged, and tried not to think about it, as she went over to the counter and got herself a glass of water. On her way back to the living room, she cast a glance out the window again. The car was still there, but the lights were now off, and in the corned of her eye, she could see a person standing next to it. She stopped dead in her tracks, recognizing the figure instantly. The glass she was holding in her hand dropped to the floor, breaking into small pieces.

“Noel.” She whispered.

 

Her step dad was standing right outside the house, looking up at her. She couldn’t see his face, but she knew he was staring at her. Cass quickly turned away from the window, feeling her heart raze, as she ran over to the front door, made sure it was locked and set the alarm.

“Oh god…” She whispered to herself, leaning against the door.

Why was he there? It had been a year and a half since she had ran away.

“I have to call Nick.” She mumbled, running over to the living room to grab her cell. He would be on his way to the airport by then. Her hands were shaking as she dialled his number and brought the phone up to her ear. After three rings, Nick answered, sounding tired, but happy to hear her voice.

“Hey baby.”

Cass didn’t answer him at first. She didn’t know what to say without sounding upset. The last thing she wanted was to worry Nick.

“Cass…? You there?” He asked.

“Nick.” She whispered, feeling her voice shaking as she spoke.

“Baby, is everything ok?”

No answer.

“Cass? Answer me. What’s wrong?” He asked again, slightly panicking.

“Noel is here….” She finally whispered.

“What?” He paused.  “Shi t!”

“He’s standing in the driveway. I don’t know what to do Nick. Why is he here?” She said freaking out.  

“Ok, don’t panic.” He said, trying not to sound like he was worried. To Cass, it sounded more like he was talking to himself. “Just make sure all the doors are locked, call the police and stay away from the windows. Don’t let him know you’re there.”

“He already knows, Nick. He saw me…” Cass started crying, not knowing what else to do.

“Baby, don’t cry. I’ll be home in a few hours, ok?”

Cass nodded to herself. “Ok…”

“Promise me that you’ll call the police.”

“Ok…”

“We’re boarding the plane now Cass. I have to turn off my phone… Are you gonna be ok?”

“I don’t know.” She said honestly.

“Call Holly and get her to come over.”

“She’s in Chicago visiting her grandmother.” She was crying so much that she was shaking now. She tried not to think about Noel standing right outside the house, but she couldn’t.

“Just stay where you are Cass. I’ll be home in a few hours. I’ll call you as soon as the plane lands.” He felt so helpless knowing that she was all alone in his house, scared to death. All he wanted was to be with her and make sure that she was alright.

“Ok…”

“I love you Cass. Don’t worry, everything’s gonna be ok.”

“I love you too Nick…” She whispered as she heard him hang up.  

 

She quickly dialled 911 and frantically explained the situation. They told her that they were going to send someone over as soon as possible, reassuring her that everything was going to be ok. Cass hung up, and slid down on the floor next to the couch, just as she heard a loud knock on the door.