- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well here is part two of the long ass chapter i had to split up. I'm going to start working on KDL again so hopefully another update on that soon. Anyways as always R&R thanks everyone!!!
Chapter Twenty-Five: Media Firestorm




Alyssa sighed a little trying her best to look interested as she held hands with Nick sitting on their couch as they let the world into their once private relationship.




“So when did you two meet?” The reporter asked.




“We met when we were very young, we were friends for the longest time.” Nick answered calmly giving Alyssa’s hand a reassuring squeeze.




After a few background questions the reporter dove right in to the harder questions. “So Alyssa what’s your relationship with Brandon?”




Alyssa took in a breath, “We were friends and nothing more. I ran into him at Concorde one night and we just became friends.”




Unsatisfied with that answer alone, “Yes and in this time did he make advances towards you, did you sleep with him?” She asked in all sincerity.




Alyssa made eye contact with the reporter and replied, “I guess he was always making flirty comments, but I never thought anything of them until recently…” She explained skipping the last question.




“You didn’t answer the second question…”




“Oh I’m sorry what was it again?” Alyssa asked.




The reporter went to speak when Nick interjected, “Brandon knows what he did and that’s all there is to it. It’s just up to us now to put his actions behind us and move on with our life.”




The reporter nodded and moved on to another topic, “Nick this isn’t the first time you’re in the news for relationship drama. What happened with Paris Hilton?”




He took in a deep breath, “That entire relationship was a mistake, when I first met her she played the supportive grounded girl but after a while she showed her true colors and acted like a snob. It freaked me out that she blamed me for the bruises when I didn’t cause them at all. Alyssa was there the entire time to help me through it. I even flew out Mandy, she’s my ex. Everyone knows her as Willa Ford. But she and I are friends and I flew her out because I needed as many friends as possible at that point in my life. But she tried to rekindle the relationship we’d had and I couldn’t. Honestly I just was not in the right frame of mind for any sort of relationship so I sent her home.”




“So how long after your relationship with Paris did you start seeing Alyssa?”




Nick smiled a little, “The following October, Ali just turned 21 and we were like ok we really like each other why not give it a try so we did and we’ve been together pretty much ever since.”




“Did you break up at all?”




“Once…” Alyssa replied, “But that was last January, other than that we’ve been pretty rock solid right?” She asked looking to Nick who grinned back.




“Yep.”




That night…




Alyssa sighed as they relaxed on the couch channel surfing. She looked to the coffee table seeing the stack of tabloids with her picture in them. Some from them standing in front of the jewelry store the other day with the title, “Nick Carter ready to settle down?”




“Hey don’t worry about the tabloids they’re usually pretty off.”




At that moment she glanced at OK Magazine, the only one that had come frighteningly close to the truth. In the article it had said that she’d slept with Brandon in a fit of jealousy of Nick possibly cheating on her. Brandon had become so infatuated and upset when Alyssa went back to Nick that he plotted to get her back. That the DVD he’d taken was indeed a sex tape. Alyssa sighed and got up taking them and putting them in a drawer in the kitchen choosing not to look at them. Nick followed her considering her for a moment.




“Now I know how Amanda felt, god I’m just waiting for the hate sites to start up.” Alyssa remarked with an exasperated sigh.




He chuckled, “They’re just jealous…” He added.




“Yeah but how long before Brandon starts blabbing all over town that I slept with him?” She suggested.




Nick shrugged and held her from behind resting his chin in the crook of her neck. “It’ll be fine, if his publicist is smart they’ll tell him to not say or do anything.”




“I hope so, I can’t take much more of this…”




A few days later…




“Hey Mrs. Monroe…” Alyssa said with a grin.




Lori grinned, “I’m so happy I married him.”




“Really? I’m kind of put off on marriage right now.” Jenna remarked noting her recent separation from Jay.




“Oh yeah, I had such terrible cold feet but now that it’s official I’m so relaxed and good God the sex is incredible again.”




Alyssa chuckled, “That’s always good…it’s hard to get in the mood with cameras hounding us.”




“I’m sure that doesn’t stop you…”




She smirked, “No it really doesn’t. Because just god, he’s been saying the most romantic things lately that I have to have him right then.”




“Okay I gotta ask, what makes him so attractive to you. I mean yes he’s good looking but aside from that.”




Alyssa thought for a moment, “It’s his eyes, his hands, his cute toes, how he sleeps beside me, sometimes under me. Then when he wants me…that look he has on his face it’s this devilish smirk that makes his eyes darken. His hands he has small calluses on his palms from playing the drums and guitar so they’re a little rough but a little smooth at the same time.”




“And that’s sexy?” Kellie asked.




“You’ve had sex with him, you know that sexy growl he makes…” Alyssa shot back.




“Yeah, Aaron’s better, in my opinion.”




Alyssa chuckled, “Because you love him, honey.”



Kellie got a sad expression on her face, “Yeah I know, and I wish he were older, then we wouldn’t have this problem.”




“Why get married though? I mean come on you’re young.” Jenna replied playing devil’s advocate.




Kellie sighed, “I’m jealous of my two best friends.” She began making Alyssa and Lori give her an odd look. “Lori you have an amazing husband and a beautiful son, and Alyssa you have a man who would lie on hot coals for you. I want that…”




“Wouldn’t Aaron do that for you, he said that he loves you right?”




Kellie’s eyes widened, “He never said it…I had a feeling he felt it…but he never uttered the words.”




Meanwhile…




Nick relaxed into the chair as he smiled at Chris, Clark and Brent. He felt his sidekick buzz and he looked at it seeing another message from a girl named Kari…a girl he’d hooked up with once in 2004 when she was just 20. He text messaged her back saying he was happily committed in a relationship and to go away. He hoped that’d be the last he’d hear from her. She’d been messaging him off an on for two weeks now and it irked him to no end. What pissed him off even more was now she was flaunting that she had a new guy as if she was trying to make him jealous. ‘Ha! Yeah right…I’ve got Alyssa…more like she’s jealous that I’m unavailable.’ He thought to himself.




Chris noted his pissy expression and figured he’d get the low down of all that was happening lately. “So how’s the media fire storm going?” Chris asked with an amused expression.




He shrugged, “We’re okay, Lissa is taking it pretty fucking well considering she’s never gone through this before except with me when I went through shit with Paris.”




Clark smiled a little, “That’s my sister, she’s determined to ride this thing out.”




Chris chuckled, “I bet that’s not all she’s…” He said as Nick smacked his shoulder. “Hey!”




“That’s my girl you’re talking about.” Nick chided making Brent crack up. “What?”




Brent fought to contain himself. “Just remembering when she was 17 and you were so crushed out but couldn’t do anything.”




“Considering I was 21 and it was illegal for me to try anything.” Nick reminded.




“You were crushed out back then?” Clark asked.




Brent nodded, “Oh man he had it so bad, especially when she tried to you know hurt herself. He was a fucking wreck. I think I was the first person he admitted to that he loved her.”




Nick nodded and sighed, “Honestly I’ll do anything for her, she’s done things for me that no other woman would ever do.”




“Like what take it up the ass?” Chris joked trying to lighten the mood.




Nick busted out laughing, “Umm no I haven’t actually ever brought that subject up. Besides it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. But what I meant was, she listens to what I have to say about things…” Nick paused looking to Clark who saw it as his cue to go grab more soda from the refrigerator. When he was out of ear shot Nick continued, “And she’s fucking amazing in bed. She’s a freak…”




“Alyssa’s a freak? But she’s so…nice though.” Brent remarked.




“Lady on the street, but such a freak in the bedroom.”




Clark walked back in handing the three of them sodas. “I know you were talking about fucking my baby sister…and as much as it does bother me I’m glad it’s you and that you at least had the decency to wait for me to leave the room.”




Nick smiled a little, “Thanks man…”




Back to the house…




Alyssa sighed smiling as she brought up some laundry to put away in the bedroom closets. She walked into her bedroom smiling at Kellie, Lori, and Jenna sitting on the bed. “You know, Nick and I fucked on that this morning.” She said bluntly as everyone but Jenna moved.




“Must have been hot…” Jenna said with a wicked smirk.




Alyssa set down the laundry and began putting it away hanging up most of it leaving underwear, socks, and bras. “It was, I absolutely love morning sex, where you’re sorta still sleeping but not.”




“How many times a day do you two have sex?” Lori asked with a gleam in her eyes.




Alyssa thought a moment, “Normally it’s at least twice a day, if he’s home or comes home for lunch then it’s three to four times. I know, I know I can’t help it, the sex good god, just…” Alyssa tried to maintain her composure chuckling at herself. She took a pile of Nick’s clothing, mostly underwear and tee-shirts he usually had folded up and put in one of the drawers in the closet rather than having an actual dresser.




Laughing at one of Lori’s jokes she walked into the massive closet and opened the top drawer putting in socks and boxers then saw a dark flash for a second and stopped reopening the drawer seeing the tiny box wrapped in black velvet. She tentatively reached out touching her fingers to the smooth/rough texture of the box. Biting her bottom lip she picked it up and opened it quickly her eyes widening and her mouth dropping at the sight of it.




An engagement ring…




A rectangular shaped diamond with two square cuts on each side, with what looked like a platinum band. ‘This can’t be for me can it?’ She asked herself with a wondering gaze.




She slowly backed out of the closet the box still in her possession as she turned around shooting everyone a wondering glance. “I found this in Nick’s top drawer.”




Immediately Kellie looked away knowing that it indeed was Alyssa’s ring, ‘…Well it will be her ring…when Nick gets off his ass and asks her.’ She thought slyly.




Lori chimed up a moment later, “I know what you’re thinking and it’s not. Nick’s holding it for Howie, he’s going to propose to Lee. And he trusted Nick to keep it safe until the time is right.”




Jenna nodded along with Kellie who remained silent. She hated lying to her best friend. But they all knew that she’d be happier if they didn’t spoil the surprise.




Alyssa gave them a quizzical look and shrugged putting the ring back into the drawer shutting it and the closet. “Well it was a nice thought there for a moment…” She sighed and flopped down onto the bed.




Lori immediately felt remorseful for her lies, she knew what Nick had planned, knew Alyssa would be shocked, surprised, and happy. But keeping it all a secret was extremely hard. “Al, he’ll ask you, I know he will probably has some terribly romantic plan.” Which wasn’t far if not exactly the truth. His plan was terribly romantic, and perfect.




“I know, I know” She began with an exasperated sigh. “I just want him to just ask me, doesn’t matter how just ask the question, I’ve been hinting for two months or more that I want to take the next step.”




Kellie grinned, “Trust us he knows you’re ready, I’m sure he’s just waiting for the perfect moment.”




Later that day…




“Honey…I’m home…” He said with a dorky grin on his face.




Alyssa peeked her head out from the living room. “What is this The Dick Van Dyke Show?”




Nick laughed, “Wouldn’t I have to trip over a foot rest then?”




Alyssa put her arms around his neck and replied, “Eh I’m more partial to Bewitched or I Dream Of Genie.”




“You in a genie outfit huh? Now that has potential…” He said giving her a kiss.




She pulled back laughing, “Sorry the MC Hammer look…so not me.”




Nick chuckled and wrapped his arms around her, still standing in the foyer. “What did you and the girls do today?” He asked walking her backwards towards the kitchen. He was dying for a glass of water.




She chuckled and let go turning around and led him into the kitchen getting him a drink and started making them lunch. “Nothing much, hung out, found out that Kellie is jealous of myself and Lori. Did some laundry, found a diamond engagement ring in your top drawer, watched some Sex and The City. You know the usual.”




Nick stopped for a second, “Wait what did you find?”




She gave him a look as if to say ‘you’re so busted’. “Yeah, gorgeous diamond engagement ring… Care to explain?” She said as he got a nervous look on his face. “Lori said you’re holding it for Howie…”




Nick nodded quickly, “Yep saving it for when he proposes to Lee.” He lied. He didn’t want to, but aside from proposing right then and there, he did not want to propose just because he’d gotten caught trying to be sneaky. He wanted it to mean something, something she’d never forget. “Anyways… how about you and me get away for a couple days…”




She gave him a look. “What do you mean?”




“Like get away just the two of us.”




Her expression stayed the same, “Like what a vacation?”




He grinned a little, “Yeah how about we go to Florida for a few days?”




She sighed and smiled a little, “Okay…I can deal with some alone time with you.”




Three days later…




Alyssa relaxed into the couch as she looked down to Nick who was sprawled across the floor of his Florida home. “I can’t believe you sold the tiki hut!”




“I had part with it. Too many bad memories there…” He replied remarking to her about the last time she’d stayed at that particular house.




Alyssa sighed and remembered the first time she laid eyes on the house how different from the palatial pad he owned now…




Nick smiled as Alyssa got out of the car and considered the house. Her dark eyeliner and mysterious expression gave him no clue as to what her thoughts were.




She raised an eye brow and gave him a look. “Only you would build a house out of fucking bamboo.”




His face dropped momentarily as he got a little defensive. “Oh come on it’s cool, and not only the strongest wood out there but it makes a pretty fucking sturdy house.”




She considered him for a moment and pushed some hair out of her face then adjusted the long fingerless gloves that ran up to her elbows. “So where am I staying?” She asked with a slight grin.




He smiled and replied, “You’ve got two options…the main house…or here you can take my bedroom or….”




“Nick I’m not putting you out of your own bedroom.”




He chuckled and put his arm around her shoulders making her look away and close her eyes reveling in the feel of him so close to her. Quickly coming back to earth she heard him reply. “You won’t I have a super comfy air mattress that I went and got so you can put it wherever you want. It’s just set up in my office. There is always the main house, although you’d be completely alone. Beej is off with Mom and Dad and the rest of the family on tour with Aaron…we have the entire place to ourselves!”




She nodded grabbing her duffel bag and headed inside the house…ready to spend the summer away from it all.





“What are you thinking about?” He asked noticing her pensive expression.





She looked over at him and shook her head, “Nothing important…”




He sighed and flipped through the channels stopping on Entertainment Tonight. His eyes widened when he saw Aaron come on screen. “Oh shit what did he do now?” He said aloud, making Alyssa look towards the television.




‘That wasn’t all that happened in sin city this weekend, pop star Aaron Carter got engaged Saturday Night at a Playboy event…’




“Do WHAT?!” Nick exclaimed as Alyssa and him looked at each other completely shocked.