- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone for their reviews. I'm currently working on chapter 9 yay!! The updates might be a bit slower as the week progresses since I'll have two exams to study for. But I'll keep ya'll posted! You can always im me on MSN or AIM.
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Five: National Take Your Boyfriend to Work Day

“So, Nick, Aaron this whole thing is really your call here what do you want the public to see in this new show?” Kenneth Crear, Nick’s manager asked.

Nick thought a moment, “I want it to have a positive message for people whose parents have gone through a divorce.”

Aaron nodded, “And I think it should show how the five of us are, really are, not like scripted or some shit like that.”

Both Ken and Johnny nodded in agreement with the two. “Are there going to be love interests?” Johnny asked knowing that both of them are involved in relationships.

Aaron looked at him perplexed, “What do you mean?” He asked, surely they weren’t going to make him get a pseudo girlfriend just for the show right?

“Well both of you have ladies in your lives and do you want them involved in the show, like making appearances and such.”

Aaron shrugged looking for Nick to be the mature one in this situation. “We need to discuss it with them, if they’re okay with the cameras. I know Kellie should be fine with it, she’ll just ignore it.” Nick replied.

“And what about your girl Alyssa?” Johnny asked concerned.

Nick sighed, “She’ll be okay with it, might be a little weirded out at first, but neither girls will be there 24/7 like we will be so I think it should be okay. I’ll talk to her about it.”

“All right I think we’ve covered enough for today.” Ken declared looking at his watch as the four of them stood.

Later that day…

Nick walked into the house greeted by the pit-bull he’d adopted patting her on the head, “Hey Layla.” He spoke softly scratching behind her ear before walking into the kitchen.

He was glad he had some company now that Alyssa was living on her own. The dog had purely been Alyssa’s idea. She’d taken him to the humane society and told him to pick out one he liked. Of course the pit-bull wasn’t his first choice, but the dog’s sad eyes and sweet demeanor were what hooked him. Normally you hear about pit bulls being mean or ill-tempered, but Layla was quite the opposite sweet and affectionate and down right adorable. The dog followed him into the kitchen where he picked up her bowl filling it with kibble and then placing it back down for her to eat, she was still a young pup by the vet’s standards but had quite the voracious appetite like she felt each meal might be her last.

Nick smiled at the dog and walked over seeing he had a couple of messages. Curious he pressed play and smiled hearing the first message…

“Hey lover, it’s Liss. Just wonderin’ how your meetings went today, hope they went well. I had a few seconds before my lecture is supposed to start so I thought I’d call just to say hey. Anyways I love you, talk to you later.”

Nick rolled his eyes as the second message came on…

“Yo Carter! It’s Bean, wanted to know if you wanted to hang out when you get into town in June. We gotta hit some clubs, the women are just too fine, hope you’re still single when you get here and not back with that girl. Whatever talk to you later dawg.”

Nick rolled his eyes erasing his messages. He knew he’d have to see Rob when he went to Florida, he just didn’t want to. The whole Key West incident had taught him that maybe hanging out with a guy who has to drop that he knew Nick to get laid isn’t such a good idea. Furthermore Alyssa hated him, which made Rob rank even lower on his list of friends. But he did throw one hell of a party that’s for sure. Nick shook his head, ‘yeah and the last time you partied with him nearly got you in trouble with the law, again’ he reasoned with himself. He picked up the phone dialing Alyssa’s cell number hearing it go straight to voicemail. He spoke his message and then hung up going up the stairs to take a shower, Layla following him.

Meanwhile…

“So who can tell me the significance of Patrolcus’s death in terms of fate?” Alyssa asked looking around the lecture hall at her students.

A young girl not much younger than Alyssa raised her hand and Alyssa called on her. “Well, if it weren’t for his death, Achilles would have never have gone into battle. And according to the legend as long as Achilles stayed out of combat he’d live, but if he were to engage in the war fully he’d die young.”

Alyssa smiled, “Exactly. How many have you seen the movie Troy?” She asked as half the class raised their hands, most of them girls. “Okay, now Achilles, played by Brad Pitt, is very upset when Patrolcus dies, however the movie changed one major part of the story what was it?” Alyssa grinned a little figuring that only the ones who actually did the reading and understood what it was about would know this.

A young man spoke up, “Well in the movie Patrolcus is made to be Achilles’ cousin. But in the book Patrolcus is his friend and confidante.”

Alyssa nodded, “Yes but Patrolcus is much more than a friend and confidante, he’s also Achilles’ lover.” She explained getting a shocked expression from much of the class. “Okay it seems we need a little history lesson here.” She began walking around the front of the room. “In Ancient times women were baby factories, sorry girls but the men married us to produce an heir to their name and whatever fortune or business they owned. A lot of times the men of Ancient Greece reserved love for their relationships with other men. And the Iliad and the Odyssey are no different.”

A guy in the back replied, “So the Greeks were a bunch of homosexuals?”

Alyssa shook her head, “By today’s standards they were what we call bi-curious. In which they would have sexual liaisons with both men and women. The Greeks and other empires like the Romans later on were known for their decadence when it came to sexual exploration even Julius Caesar was widely known as being bisexual. And this decadence without caution is also one of the countless reasons we have sexually transmitted diseases today. A lot of the literature talks about it, making subtle poetic references…” She explained chuckling a bit looking at her watch noticing class was almost over. “Okay I think we’ll wrap up our discussion for today, make sure you have your proposals for your research papers either to me by email or in person no later than Friday at 5pm.” Alyssa explained as everyone stood up gathering their things and heading for the door. Alyssa packed up her things glancing at her cell phone seeing she had a voicemail. She dialed it putting in her pass code as she walked out to her car smiling hearing her message.

“Hey sugar, meetings went great, hope lecture went well. Come over after you’re done and we’ll go out to dinner or stay in doesn’t matter really. Love you and drive safe.”

Alyssa shut off her phone, got into her car and made her way over to Nick’s house.

The next morning…

Alyssa stirred slowly disoriented, where the hell was she? She looked around noticing the familiar surroundings of what used to be the bedroom she and Nick had shared. She turned around seeing Nick asleep behind her, his arm draped protectively across her body only a thin cotton sheet covering them. She leaned up looking over his shoulder at the clock on his night table seeing that it was 7:30 AM. Alyssa sighed, she didn’t want to get up yet, but she knew she had office hours to keep and if she didn’t take a shower now she wouldn’t have time to go back to her place for a change of clothes. She hadn’t planned on spending the night, and what a night it was.

They’d spent most of it lying in bed, after dinner and making out on the couch for two hours of course. That bed, the one she used to call her own, exploring each other like they had that first weekend they shared. Her eyes strayed to his neck and chest seeing the various bite marks and scratches from the night before. She smirked a little impressed with herself, she’d figured out that in addition to loving to bite her, that he loved to be bitten back. A fact she used to her advantage the night before. Very quickly it went from slow, gentle and loving to fast, rough and wild.

Alyssa shivered a little recalling everything he’d said to her that he loved her, missed having her here with him all the time. She moved out from under his arm trying her best not to wake him as she grabbed his shirt off the floor pulling it on before beginning to tip-toe to the bathroom.

She jumped when she heard his voice, “Just where do you think you’re going?”

Alyssa turned to him seeing him still laying in the same position only his eyes were open staring at her. “To take a shower…”

He grinned lazily, “And you didn’t think I’d want to join you?”

She chuckled at him and walked into the bathroom not knowing he got up and followed her throwing on a pair of boxers. “I have to get ready for work.” She yelled.

“You don’t have to yell.” He replied softly leaning on the door frame making her jump again at the closeness of his voice.

“Sorry, but I have to take a shower and get out of here to go back to my place for some clothes and then get all the back up to campus in time for office hours.”

“Office hours?” He asked rubbing his eyes a little.

She smiled as she went and turned on the shower waiting for it to get to the right temperature. “Yeah I keep office hours once a week for my students to come in and talk to me, if they have any questions, concerns, want to know their grades.”

He smiled and wrapped his arms around her, “I love hearing you talk about your job, you always light up.” He stated kissing her neck then nipping at it.

Alyssa giggled and pushed him away, “Go make me some breakfast and I’ll talk more.” She shot back taking the shirt off and stepping into the shower.

Nick grinned then went into his bedroom pulling on a pair of basketball shorts and a wife beater. Hearing the shower still going he went down stairs opening the refrigerator pulling out some frozen strawberries and bread, deciding on making smoothies and French toast.

Just as he finished making everything Alyssa came into the kitchen wearing her clothing from the night before. She walked up behind him hugging him and swept her lips over his shoulders. He reached behind himself holding her to him for a moment then turned around pulling her into a searing kiss. He pulled away leaving her a little breathless and handed her a plate and a large glass with the strawberry smoothie in it. She smiled and took them from him as they walked over and sat down at the table eating their breakfast.

“So what do you do during office hours?”

“Besides meet with students?” She asked back and he nodded. “Grade papers, plan out lectures, write exam questions, look up interesting facts and trivia about the authors and books we’re studying.”

Nick grinned a little taking a drink, “Do you ever get bored?”

Alyssa smiled at him, “Sometimes, but that’s only when we have a slow week at classes. Like when they don’t have any assignments due or tests to study for. Which is why I’ve instituted a new plan where each week they have an assignment due and a short five question quiz over the reading. And then every four weeks there’s an exam over lecture discussions, readings.”

“But isn’t that a lot of work for them? With all the other classes they’re taking?”

Alyssa thought a moment, “Not really, the assignments are basic something a trained monkey can shell out in five minutes, except for this research project I’ve got them on. I have it so that they take one of the books we’ve covered and do an in-depth analysis of all the literary aspects.”

“Didn’t you do something like that in high school?” He asked vaguely recalling her talking about that.

She smiled that he remembered her AP research project. “Yeah, and that was an advanced placement college credit course, so they should have no problem. It’s pretty easy most of the stuff you can get from cliff notes.”

“Wouldn’t it be easy to just copy…or…” He spoke trying to find the right word.

“Plaguarize?” She asked and he nodded. “If I were oblivious to the existence of cliff notes then yes it would. But I warned them that I know all about that and that if they choose to use them that they need to specifically quote and cite where they got it from, and even make a works cited page for me. I used cliff notes all the time in high school and college. I think it’s only fair to let them use any aid they want, as long as they give proper credit where it’s due and not play it off as if it were their ideas.”

Nick smiled a little standing up taking her plate into the kitchen and putting them in the dishwasher.

Alyssa followed him passing Layla patting her head affectionately. “I’ve got an idea.” She announced formulating a plan.

Nick looked over at her with a bewildered expression. “What?” He asked as he watched Layla run through the little dog door he’d gotten for her.

She smiled, “Well you’re always asking me about what I do, so why not come to work with me?”

“I can do that?” He asked, he’d always assumed that you had to be a student or a teacher to be around that.

Alyssa walked over wrapping her arms around his waist, “You can go wherever I go. Besides I’ve been dying to show you my office! And why would you think you couldn’t go?” She asked.

“Because I always thought it was kind of like restricted for students and teachers only.”

Alyssa shook her head, “Nope, besides even if it was I’m pretty sure you could pass for a college student, hell more than half your closet looks like what my students wear.”

“Are you dissin’ my sense of style?”

Alyssa cracked up, “Or lack there of…”

Nick’s jaw dropped, “Damn woman and here I thought you loved me.”

Alyssa laughed harder, “I love you, but some of your clothes I could live without.”

“Like what?” He asked curious now.

“Hmm like the ‘I like girls that like girls’ shirt. I mean I realize it’s funny and witty, but not to go out in public in.”

Nick laughed a little, “I like that shirt.”

“I know you do, which is why you still have it.” She shot back. “Anyways are you going to come with me or not?”

He smiled at her, “Yeah, I am. Do you want to pick out my clothes for me?” He replied half joking.

Alyssa laughed a little, “Just wear one of your non-funny tee-shirts and some jeans. Oh and bring a book or your laptop in case I get held up with one of my students.”

Nick walked up the stairs taking a quick shower and changed into a plain white tee-shirt, jeans putting his Boston Red Sox hat on backwards, a pair of aviator sunglasses and his black and white checkered canvas shoes. He walked into his office grabbing a book, his laptop, sketch book and the large stack of papers he had to go through figuring that would give him plenty to do if he got bored and stuffed them into a backpack slinging it over his shoulder before joining Alyssa down stairs.

Alyssa giggled at him, “See you look the part, hell even got the book bag too, no one is going to notice that you’re not a student.” She stated as they walked out to his car getting in and heading to her place.

When they arrived, Nick followed her into the elevator as she waved to the security guard at the front desk. Once in her apartment Alyssa ran up the stairs pulling off her clothes throwing them in the hamper in her bathroom. Nick settled himself on her couch letting her get dressed, figuring if he went up the stairs that she’d end up being late.

Five minutes later Alyssa walked down the stairs wearing a tailored white long-sleeve, button-down dress shirt, short, tight, jean skirt that showed off her legs but could still be considered rather conservative when compared to most LA girls' attire. Underneath the shirt you could see the outline of a thin white camisole. Nick smiled at her as she pulled on a pair of low heeled black sandals. Alyssa went over to the mirror in the living room taking her still partially damp hair and putting it up in a messy bun letting a few loose strands on her neck and frame her face the hair do was simple but looked like she’d taken hours to get what only a couple of seconds took to do.

Nick stood up and followed her out to her car grabbing her parking decal from behind the rearview mirror. Nick held the door to his car open for her as she smiled at him as he took and placed her briefcase and laptop bag in the back seat before walking over to the other side of the car getting in and starting it up.

When they arrived on campus Alyssa directed him to the parking lot not far from the lecture hall and the language and literature building where her office was. Alyssa got out and Nick grabbed her bags for her, “Nick, I need my briefcase, it has my office keys.” She reasoned reaching for the bag.

Nick smiled at her handing her the leather briefcase but not the laptop bag, “Fine but I’m still carrying your laptop.” He relented, still trying to be somewhat of a gentleman with her.

She smiled and led him into the language and literature building going to the third floor. They walked through a couple corridors stopping in the mail room as Alyssa grabbed a stack of papers, a small box and mail from her mail box. Alyssa unzipped the top of her briefcase placing everything inside and digging into one of the pockets for a UCLA lanyard that a set of keys dangled from as they stopped outside her office seeing her name and title next to the door. Alyssa unlocked the door walking inside turning on a lamp on her desk.

Nick looked around seeing the three bookshelves all half filled, the main desk that held a bunch of pictures, of her family, the two of them, their friends and a few abstract looking paper weights. Nick walked over setting his things on the smaller desk that if the door were left open you couldn’t see from the outside. He sat behind the smaller desk and surveyed the rest of the room taking in the small couch nestled between the smaller desk and an end table that sat right next to the large window with a good view of the campus. Alyssa walked over to him taking her laptop bag setting it on her desk chair opening it and setting up her computer as he did the same on the other desk. Once settled Alyssa went over to her door leaving a sign on it that said that ‘Please knock’ and closed the door.

Nick grabbed her wrist and pulled her to sit across his lap. “I love your office.” He stated pulling her into a lingering kiss.

Alyssa relaxed against him for a moment secretly hoping that his hand resting on her ribs would move up. She forced her hands to stay in her lap not moving, knowing if she did move them to touch him in any way it would only spur him on further. In her mind, she knew that bringing him with her was going to distract her all day from wanting to do anything but work. However at the present moment she didn’t care as she deepened the kiss semi-intentionally making sure he felt her tongue stud graze his tongue. She shifted her hips a little bit as he moaned into the kiss rubbing against him through their clothing, which only served to turn him on even more than he already was. In retaliation he moved his hand up brushing ever so lightly over her breast through her shirt, which made her push herself into his hand wanting more contact than he was giving. Unfortunately the logical side of Alyssa’s brain kicked in; sighing she reluctantly pulled away from him receiving a dissatisfied groan from him as she went back over to her desk.

“Sorry but I have some work to get done first. I promise, I’ll play with you later.” She replied to his groan keeping her voice in a playful teasing tone as she crossed her legs under her desk hoping that even just that little bit of stimulation could keep her from crawling between him and the desk and showing him exactly how crazy he made her.

Nick rolled his eyes, this was not going at all like he hoped. Of course the minute she asked him to accompany her to work thoughts of christening every piece of furniture in her office at least twice flooded his mind. However, he didn’t factor in the possibility that she may actually have work to do. He wasn’t sure he liked the present situation he found himself in, being teased where she’d turn him on so completely and then sit across the room looking through papers and emails as if nothing happened. It always baffled him how women could go from being groped to no physical contact whatsoever within in a matter of seconds without batting an eye.

What he didn’t realize was that the distance Alyssa put between them was more to quell her own temptation than his. She knew if she didn’t put that distance between them that she’d never get any work done. Alyssa grinned a little at the computer screen knowing he was staring at her, probably amazed at how she recovered from his touch so quickly.

‘If only he knew’ she mused to herself. It was true, women are no different than men when it comes to desire but women can always hide their desire better than men can, even without the apparent differences in anatomy taken into account. But if his hand had strayed up her skirt, he would have known exactly how much she wanted to keep going down the path they started the second he pulled her into his lap. Alyssa grabbed the small box from her briefcase, which now rested on the floor next to her desk. She opened it and squealed in delight at it’s contents.

“What is it?” Nick asked, his eyes having yet to move from her.

Alyssa looked over at him and grinned, “My business cards!” She replied happily going over in front of the desk he was sitting behind putting one knee on the couch and handing him one, careful to stay out of reach, knowing that if given the chance he’d pull her back to him and repay her for teasing him.

Nick smiled taking it, noticing that she was purposefully keeping her distance from him. He wanted her even more than he had from what had happened in the chair mere minutes before, just seeing her in her element got to him, was this the way she saw him when he was on stage? He turned his attention to the little card in his hand seeing the official UCLA seal and underneath it read:

Alyssa M. Monroe

Professor of English Literature and Literature History

Along with her name and title the card held her office number, fax, mailing address and mail box extension. He smiled at the card. “Ali this is so cool. I’m so proud of you.” He beamed as she sat back down at her desk taking out the large stack of papers and mail from her briefcase.

“I know it’s like ‘welcome to life as an adult’. It’s weird but I love it and I love you.” She answered back grinning at him.

He pulled out his wallet putting the card in it and replied, “Are you trying to make me come over there and distract you?”

Alyssa giggled, “I have no idea what you’re talking about Mr. Carter.” She shot back trying her best to keep a straight face, which let’s face it wasn’t really working.

Nick rolled his eyes, “You shouldn’t say that you love me right now.” He warned, “Unless you’re beginning to believe me that ‘just fucked’ is a really good look on you.” He threatened with a lustful stare.

Alyssa cracked up at him trying to pass off his comment as a joke, but inside every nerve ending in her body was screaming for him to make good on that threat. She shocked herself shaking her head and went back to sorting her mail, and skimming briefly through the stack of research paper proposals she had. As much as she acted like his words didn’t affect her, that’s how much they drove her crazy.

Nick tried to control his breathing, why did she have to tease him like that? He wished they were at the house, or her place even, just so he wouldn’t have to reign in his desire to make her scream his name. He picked up his sketch book grabbing a pencil from the desk and began to draw. Exactly what he had in mind, he didn’t know. It was about the only thing he could do to keep him occupied from going across the room and throwing her on her desk and violating her.

A knock at the door brought them both out of their thoughts. Alyssa got up and opened the door and smiled at the person on the other side. “Come on in Meredith.” She stated as a short very curvy blonde walked into the room sitting down on the couch as Alyssa closed the door and went back to her desk. “Miss Monroe…” Meredith began making Nick snicker unconsciously at the formality. Meredith turned and looked at Nick, who had yet to look up from his sketch book.

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Don’t mind the peanut gallery, that’s just my boyfriend Nick. And please Meredith, call me Alyssa.”

Meredith nodded, “Sorry Alyssa, but I wanted to talk about the research project. I have an idea of what I want to do but I’m not sure if you’d like it.”

Alyssa sat back in her chair, “What’s your idea, trust me I’m always open to suggestions.”

Nick tried his best to contain the snicker that threatened to come out of him. ‘Open to suggestions if that ain’t the damn truth’ Nick retorted to himself chewing the inside of his cheek in an effort to control the laughter within him.

Alyssa cut her eyes over to him for a second knowing that he must be dying to laugh inside but trying desperately to be polite and then turned her attention back to Meredith.

“Well I want to work on Othello. I know we haven’t covered it yet in the class and are going to when we start the Shakespeare unit, but it’s my favorite play and I know the most about it all ready.” Alyssa nodded urging her to continue. “The whole triangle between Cassio, Desdemona and Othello is just so intriguing.”

Nick thought a moment trying to recall what Alyssa had told him about Othello. Wasn’t the whole love triangle a lie?

“Well I think it’ll be great for you to research Othello. I’m really looking forward to your analysis on Iago’s fabrication of that love triangle.”

“Fabrication?”

Alyssa smiled, “Yes, Iago made the whole love triangle up to bring out Othello’s jealousy at anyone looking at his wife with less than pure intentions. And I think that your analysis of how well he pulled off the deception will be the best part of your paper.”

Meredith smiled, “Thank you Alyssa. Would you be willing to read through my rough draft when I have it ready?”

“Sure thing, just email it to me and I’ll go through and edit it and anything I change or add will be in red.” Alyssa replied as Meredith stood up and went to the door.

“Thanks again, I really enjoy your class.”

Alyssa smiled, “Anytime and thank you for coming and talking to me about your paper.” She answered as Meredith disappeared closing the door behind her. Alyssa turned her attention to Nick, “Okay say it, you know you want to.”

Nick busted out laughing, “Open to suggestions huh?”

She snicker-snorted at his comment, “You sick fuck.” She shot back laughing a little.

“I’m a guy, and I’m less then 20 feet away from you, gotta deal with the separation anxiety somehow.”

Alyssa giggled at him, “Somehow I think you’ll handle yourself just fine.”

Nick cracked up laughing again at her ‘handle yourself’ comment. “Anyways I’m glad you caught her on the whole love triangle, if you weren’t I was going to say something.”

Alyssa’s jaw dropped, “You actually listened to me?”

Nick chuckled a little, “Yes I actually listen to you. What do you think I’m doing when you talk… picturing you naked?”

“…Yeah…”

Nick rolled his eyes at her, “Okay as much as I love seeing you naked, and believe me, I do." He paused sweeping his eyes over her, "I love hearing you talk about books and plays and all that stuff. I mean don’t get me wrong, I’m a guy I would much rather make you scream than anything but I just like hearing your voice too sometimes.”

Alyssa dropped her pen on the desk looking over at him, “You do realize if you keep talking like that, that I’m going to come over there and make you scream.”

And for the first time it dawned on him, that she was just hiding how much she wanted him to keep control over the situation, “I get to you don’t I?”

She looked at him in disbelief at how well he read her.

Nick smirked, “Finally! All this time I thought that you didn’t want me as much as I want you.”

“It’s not that I don’t want you, Nick. It’s that one of us has to keep some measure of control when we’re in public. And you haven’t shown me that you can do that, so I took it upon myself to make sure we don’t end up with headlines like ‘Backstreet Boy’s Hot for Teacher’ or something equally dumb.”

Nick laughed, “Nice quote of a Van Halen song though.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Trust me I don’t think you want me to let loose all of what I feel for you, it scares the fuck out of me and I’m the one feeling it.”

Nick looked at her, “Okay you’ve got me curious now…”

She gulped a little and looked at him, he had a concerned look on his face. Just as she was about to say something there was a knock at the door. Alyssa got up going over to the door opening it letting the male student in. “Hey Ryan what can I do to help you?”

Ryan smiled taking a seat on the couch, “Okay I wanted to discuss doing Lord of the Flies as my research project.”

Lord of the Flies?”

Ryan nodded, “Yeah I’m a psychology major and when I read through this I was amazed at how well each of the main characters fit into the Freudian personality model. You know with how Jack is the sadistic freak in all of us.”

“You recognized that too?” Alyssa stated standing walking around to the front of her desk sitting on the edge with her legs crossed at her calves. Ryan’s eyes moved down Alyssa’s form taking in her outfit, and her legs as he shifted in his seat adjusting himself.

“Yeah…” He began clearing his throat, “I mean everyone at one time or another on instinct has those thoughts that the minute you think them you immediately are like ‘where the hell did that come from’ and feel really bad for having those thoughts. Which is what separates normal people from that character. He’s kind of like the devil on your shoulder telling you to go for it no matter the consequences while Simon is the angel and voice of reason.”

Alyssa smiled, “That’s pretty damn accurate. Also a really cool point that no one ever really thinks about is that Ralph, the protagonist, seems to be the one caught in the middle of all of this. Maybe the other boys surrounding Ralph are really each part of his personality, the Id, Ego, Super Ego, and so on.”

“Yeah that’s a lot like what I was thinking. I wanted to know if that was right or not.”

Alyssa sighed and grinned at him, “Well the greatest part about literature is that there is no one perfect interpretation. Except of course by the author, but most of the ones we’ve studied are dead, so not like we can really ask them their opinions. But you’re idea of using how the characters are part of the psychosis of one other character, or in human kind in general, is dead on with what popular scholars have said for years.”

Ryan smiled finally looking at Alyssa’s face, “Thanks so much for letting me know I’m on the right track.” He replied getting up and going to the door.

“No problem, I’ll see you in class on Tuesday.” Alyssa replied as Ryan closed the door behind him. Alyssa sighed a little looking over at Nick who looked a little pissed off. “What’s wrong?”

“That punk was checking you out.” Nick replied with a sharp clip in his voice that meant he was more than a little pissed.

Alyssa laughed a little going over to her door putting the ‘In a meeting’ sign on her door closing it and locking it. She went over to him taking the sketch book out of his hands placing on the desk along with the pencil he’d been using. He looked at her unaware of what she might have planned. He smiled when she settled herself in his lap, the same position they were in before, he moved his hands to where one was slowly rubbing her back, and the other gripped her thigh. Alyssa pulled him into a kiss taking his backwards baseball hate off and tangled one hand into the hair at the nape of his neck and the other took the hand that began to knead her thigh and moved it up under her skirt letting him feel that she wasn’t wearing any underwear.

He broke the kiss feeling how turned on she was, “Damn baby…” He muttered as he began to move his fingers on her making her close her eyes and sigh in relief as she moved against his hand. Right when he hit the right spot she threw her head back and moaned exposing her neck even more than before. Nick took full advantage of the exposed skin and sucked on her pulse point as he began to move his fingers in an alternating pattern of fast and slow, rough and gentle the combination of all of these had her breathing become even more labored than before.

She gripped onto his forearm leaning back using his other arm for support as she lifted her hips to hike the skirt up allowing her spread her legs farther apart resting a knee sideways against his chest. Feeling her climax fast approaching he moved his mouth to just above her knee nipping at the sensitive skin there, a move that made her thrust hard onto his hand as she came shuddering and growling a little bit.

Alyssa felt him remove his fingers and opened her eyes and grabbed his hand. She leaned over and kissed him fully on the lips then moved to suck his fingers into her mouth making sure that he felt both her teeth and tongue stud graze over his fingers.

Just seeing her do that pushed him past the point of being able to stop. He stood up with her in his arms and pressed her against the closest wall to them. She reached her hands down unzipping his jeans silently thanking him for going commando and grabbed him guiding him inside her. He moaned into her shoulder and then looked up at her, “Can anyone hear us?” He asked just now becoming worried that someone might hear them.

Alyssa shook her head, “No ….everything’s…..sound…..proof.” She panted as he smirked at her and began thrusting wildly moving to suck on her collarbone as she dug her nails into his shoulder not caring if she dug holes into his tee-shirt. He moved harder against her making her body slam into the wall. Not being able to hold on any longer he came yelling into her shoulder pushing her over the edge as well. Still holding onto her he backed up and collapsed them both into the chair out of breath. Alyssa lifted her head up from resting on his shoulder and looked at him.

Feeling her eyes on him he looked back at her and smirked.

“Now do you see what you do to me?” She asked.