- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Well since I have a major research paper to write tomorrow I figured I'd post ch11 for you guys to tide you over until I have a moment to update again. I started a new story, definitely different than what I've written before, and if I like it I'll post it soon so look forward to that! Anyways here's ch11 enjoy and let me know what you think! *Muah* Much love!
Somewhere I Belong

Chapter Eleven: Sugar We’re Goin’ Down

****************************

Nick Narrating:

Afraid of me? How can she be afraid of me? I mean she explained it that how I make her feel scares the hell out of her. I understand that for years how she’d make me feel scared the hell out of me.

I just don’t understand why I’m so fucking intimidating to her. Okay I kind of understand it. I’ve got an odd life, screwed up family, weird friends, insane job. But that’s me and she knew all of this going into our relationship. Or maybe it’s because I welcome my feelings for her. I didn’t always do that, but since she found out about how I feel I’ve been pretty fuckin’ vocal about it.

Shit I knew that was going to scare her off. But she’s still here she didn’t run away, she may have tried to but she didn’t get far. Maybe the whole deal with Brandon made her see what she had to lose?

If that’s true, I’m considering thanking the guy.

That’s seriously fucked up, the guy has sex with my girl and he gets thanked for it? Yeah great thinking there Carter. Granted that, I’m still really hurt by what happened, anytime I see an ad for his movie I want to throw something at the television. I went to see it of course, me being the comic book fanatic that I am. He did well, but the entire time I sat there thinking that’s the guy that my girlfriend cheated on me with......

Superman fucked my girlfriend.......

Okay he’s not really Superman but you know what I mean.

I went to Alex, Brian and Howie for advice about what happened. Alex was stunned that I’d taken her back without a serious fight. Brian was nothing but supportive saying that he stands by me no matter what.

That was fucking cool of Brian. I thought for the longest time that our friendship had ended because of my solo album. All the rumors about a rift in the group were caused because Brian and I were not on speaking terms for quite sometime. He was busy making a family, I was busy making an album. He saw my album as my way of telling the guys that I didn’t need them anymore and that pissed him off. And Brian’s anger is worse than Kevin’s anger. He’s a slow burn so when he’s pissed watch out.

Of course that rumor wasn’t true but still we had words and didn’t speak for months. Then he called out of the blue telling me that Leigh was in labor and that he’d really like it if I could fly out. Of course I wanted to go, even booked the flight but at the last minute I couldn’t do it. Almost as if I couldn’t face him after all that time we hadn’t spoken to each other. I called him told him I couldn’t make it at the last minute, some lame excuse about management and that caused an even bigger rift; one I thought we’d never fix.

Howie, now there’s Mr. Loyalty. He’s stood by each and everyone of us as we’ve gone through personal triumphs and trials. He saw me on my first video shoot as a solo artist, he went and saw Kevin on Broadway. Helped Alex get his shit together and helped welcome Baylee into the world. When I explained what happened with Alyssa he listened and smacked me upside the head…something only Kevin has ever been able to get away with. He told me that I should forgive her no matter what that you can’t change who you fall in love with and you just have to deal and move on.

He actually sounded like Ali when he said that. Deal and move on…that was Alyssa’s catch phrase for whenever I ended up in the tabloids or had a bad breakup.

In a moment of insanity I went to Kevin, I hadn’t really spoken to him since the tour ended, keeping all my opinions about his departure to myself. But when we got to talking everything came pouring out. Alyssa’s and my relationship woes were only really the tip of the iceberg. I noticed that I had a lot of resentment towards Kevin for leaving, more so than Alex does.

I understand Kevin’s reasoning, and I wish him the best of luck. But his timing fucking sucked. Kevin and I hashed everything out, he listened to me about how I felt he was abandoning us, then how I felt like since then I’d pushed Alyssa away by being clingy when she needed space. Like I was expecting her to abandon me too.

Kevin, of course being the person he is understood and respected how I felt and gave me the best advice on fixing things with Alyssa.

‘Just love her’ is all he said.

And really that’s all he needed to say. Those three words made absolute perfect sense to me. Leave it to Kevin the one person besides Brian that I truly idolize, to sum up in three words exactly what I needed to do to fix my relationship. Just love her…fuck yeah I can do that. True it kills me to think that another guy has had her. But I get her in ways Brandon never will. He got her for one night, one time. I get to have her whenever I want, which ever way that I want her.

It also helped when she showed me how much she loves me. I wasn’t expecting her to do any of it. I pretty much expected her to say a few things and that was it. But lying there completely exposed to each other and hearing her say what she said......totally blew me away. That’s why I decided to go ahead with her fantasy she’d told me about. I wanted her to see that I appreciated how much she opened up that night and let her feelings show.

And since then we’ve been pretty fucking inseparable.

I knew she’d love it, she’d said she wanted me to control her, tell her what to do, but her reaction was insane to the point where I’m definitely going to be doing it again……and again. It was that crazy fantasy of hers that brought us back. We’d been at the point where we didn’t know where we were going with our relationship. And now it’s like that first weekend all over again, rebuilding all that love and trust we’d shared.

She’s back to being the same old Ali again, the one I fell in love with. The one I want to spend my life with. I know now what Brian had said all those years ago after he had proposed to Leigh. He’d said that when you’ve found the right one you just know it and it doesn’t matter when, where or how big of spectacle you make it just matters that she’s by your side with you every step of the way.

And I’m really beginning to understand what that means.

End Narration.

*********************************

Nick walked out onto his deck happy to be home, thankful the reality show had finished shooting and he could get back to his life without worrying what he could say and what he couldn’t say. He heard giggling behind him and turned around seeing Aaron sucking on Kellie’s neck. He rolled his eyes at them. “Oh get a room.” He snapped with more of an edge to his voice than he’d intended.

Aaron stopped what he was doing and gave his brother a look noticing the pensive look on his face. “What’s wrong?”

Nick glanced over at them, “Nothing, just thinking…”

“About?” Kellie asked concerned for her friend.

Nick sighed a little and plopped down onto a lounge chair next to where they were sitting. “Ali…” He stated seeing them both get concerned looks on their faces.

“What’s going on now?” Aaron asked he had gotten fed up with how things had been going for Nick and Alyssa the whole situation annoyed him.

“Nothing we’re back to the way we were, which is great…amazing even. I just want her back here living with me, not having to try to steal moments alone whenever our schedules will allow it.”

Kellie grinned at him, “She’s happy you know. Now that you two are back to your old selves. Lori and I can’t get her to shut up about it. Especially about what you did after the concert.”

Nick smirked, “It was her fantasy, and hey Lori shouldn’t complain she and Jenna really helped.”

Aaron looked between the two of them bewildered at what they were talking about, “Okay care to fill me in on this?”

Kellie chuckled a little, “Ali’s a control freak and her fantasy was to have absolutely no control over the situation. And she fucking loved every second of it.”

Aaron gave her a strange look as he played with her fingers, “And you would know this how?”

Nick laughed, “Because they talk…” Nick retorted making Aaron blush.

“Umm you didn’t tell her anything about me right?” Aaron asked a little nervous that Alyssa had heard tales of his and Kellie’s bedroom activities.

The look on Aaron’s face made Nick laugh even harder and Kellie giggle at him. “What was it that you told Ali?” Nick asked looking at Kellie, “Something about stamina?” Nick finished with a snarky clip to his voice as Kellie’s eyes grew wide.

“I can’t believe she told you that!” Kellie exclaimed blushing furiously.

“She tells me everything Kel, besides you know way more about me than you ever wanted to know too.” Nick explained.

Aaron thought a moment, “Did something ever happen between the two of you?” He asked.

Nick chuckled, “Kel this one’s on you.”

Kellie rolled her eyes, “Thanks a lot Carter.” She turned to Aaron, “Long time ago, back when you were interested in Ali, the three of us…”

Aaron put his hand up, “Whoa wait a second, the three of you?” Both Kellie and Nick nodded nervous that Aaron was going to flip out. Aaron looked at Nick and started laughing, “Lucky bastard.” He muttered making Nick laugh at him.

Kellie started laughing, “What is it with you two and the fascination about Ali and I?”

“You have to admit it was hot.” Nick reasoned.

Kellie blushed, “That it was, totally understand your obsession with Ali’s tongue stud because of it.”

Aaron’s jaw dropped at Kellie’s admission, “Holy shit you mean…?” He asked stumbling over his words. Kellie blushed again and nodded. Aaron glanced over at Nick, “That’s so not fair…” He added making the other two bust out laughing.

The next day…

Alyssa and Nick collapsed onto the mattress in an exhausted heap slowly coming off their high. She moved to snuggle up against him trailing her fingers along his chest sighing as he wrapped his arms around her. “What are you doing this weekend?” Nick asked out of the blue.

Alyssa looked up at him giving him a lazy grin, “Preferably you. But I’m open to suggestions.” She countered making him chuckle a little.

“Spend the weekend with me?” He asked giving her a hopeful grin.

She mulled it over in her mind for a moment, “Okay, are you kicking Aaron out for the weekend?”

“Yep, he’s pretty much living at Kellie’s right now what with them going at it like rabbits.” Nick explained making Alyssa snicker at him.

“And just what do you think we’re doing?” She countered.

He rolled his eyes and kissed her temple, “Very true, but this weekend is very important.”

Alyssa gave him a perplexed expression on her face. “Important?”

“Yes very important. You want to know why?” He asked and she nodded curious as to what he had to say. “Because it was five years ago this Friday that I realized that I love you.”

Surprise registered on her face, “It’s been five years?”

He smiled at her, “Yes and I want to spend the weekend just us together in this house, anything goes. However I have one rule.” He began.

“And that would be?” She asked with a wicked grin as she moved her hand down his body beginning to touch him not at all surprised that he was beginning to respond to her.

He raised up on his elbows and looked at her, “No clothing allowed.” He replied gasping at her touch.

She grinned at him moving herself down to where her hand was working over him. She looked up and answered him. “Somehow I don’t think that will be a problem…” She smirked and took him fully into her mouth as he threw his head back and growled at the sensation of her mouth and tongue stud on him.

Meanwhile Aaron and Kellie walked into the house from their lunch date. They figured Nick was out back or in his office working on something since the house was relatively quiet and Alyssa’s car wasn’t in the driveway.

He took Kellie’s hand and led her upstairs going to the guest room he’d claimed as his own stopping in the hallway hearing heavy breathing and moaning coming from the master bedroom. The exchanged a glance and Kellie rolled her eyes and quietly padded over to see that the door had been left half way open. She stifled her giggle at what she saw which was Alyssa’s head moving up and down on Nick while had one hand tangled in her hair and the other bent holding him propped up on the bed. Kellie motioned for Aaron to come over. He did as she told him to and he peeked into the room cocking his head to the side before putting his hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter.

Thinking quickly Kellie pushed them back through the hallway and into the guestroom they were originally intended for and shut the door as quietly as possible behind them before they both collapsed on the bed laughing.

“Damn that’s hilarious.” Aaron stated finally regaining his composure.

Kellie stopped laughing for a moment, “Yes it is, it seems as though we have the most uncanny ability to walk in on them. Especially when one is going down on the other.”

“You’d think they’d learn to shut the damn door though.” Aaron added.

Kellie smirked at him, “I doubt they expected to be interrupted.”

Later that afternoon…

Alyssa came out onto the patio in her white and black striped bikini pulling her hair up into a messy bun.

“Going for a swim?” Kellie asked making Alyssa jump in surprise.

“Jesus Kel I didn’t know you were here!” Alyssa exclaimed turning seeing both Kellie and Aaron sitting on a lounge chair, Kellie in her pink bikini and Aaron in his Quicksilver board shorts.

“Like you would have noticed anyways.” Aaron retorted making Alyssa give him a look.

Kellie giggled, “You looked like you had your hands full when we came back…or well I should say your mouth was full.” Kellie added.

Alyssa’s eyes grew wide, she turned and jumped into the pool to avoid their grins and laughter. Nick walked out a second later which sent them into another fit of laughter.

“What’s so funny?” Nick asked as Alyssa surfaced in the pool shooting Kellie and Aaron a glare.

“Embarrassing the hell out of Ali.” Kellie replied.

Nick rolled his eyes, “Leave my woman alone.” He warned jumping into the pool as well.

He surfaced and moved over pull Alyssa against him. Nick kissed her temple and snaked an arm around her waist. “They caught us earlier.” Alyssa whispered.

“I kind of figured…are you okay?” He asked not comprehending the look she had.

“Yeah I guess…I’m just embarrassed I mean for Christ sake they saw me saw me sucking you off.”

Nick chuckled a little and leaned into her, “And they’ve seen me going down on you, so what?”

“It’s not something I’m used to.”

“Neither am I but you gotta brush it off, it’s okay you know to be open about yourself in front of people. Hell Kellie has fucked both of us.”

Alyssa laughed, “I know, just it’s weird seeing Aaron as a sexually active adult instead of the hyperactive little kid.”

Nick smiled and looked over at Kellie and Aaron who were engaged in a kiss. “Okay yeah it is weird. It’s worse with my sisters though.”

“Understandable, but at least you can see where I’m coming from right?”

“Of course I can.”

That Friday Afternoon…

Alyssa got out of her car and walked up to the front door ringing the bell. Nick opened the door, on the phone and smiled at her letting her inside.

“Rok I know, we need to work harder on the harmonizing. Yes it’s going to be different without Kevin, but who the fuck knows it might sound fuckin cool.” Nick stated into the phone as Alyssa followed him into the kitchen. Alyssa reached out for the phone and Nick caught on, “Hold on Bri someone wants to talk to you.” He said handing the phone over to Alyssa.

Alyssa smiled, “Brian Thomas Littrell relax already will ya? You’re turning into a shorter version of Kevin.” Alyssa joked.

“ALI!!!” Brian shouted in surprise. “I didn’t know you and Nick were doing better?”

Alyssa grinned again, “We’re doing much better but your worrying is keeping him from our little weekend getaway.”

Brian laughed, “Okay I’ll let you go then, Baylee and Leigh send their love.”

“Give them lots of hugs for me! And tell Leigh to call me!” She replied before they rang off. She turned to Nick who was thoroughly amazed at how she’d gotten Brian off the phone. When Brian rambled, he RAMBLED. Usually there was no stopping him for at least an hour. “So Mr. Carter…” Alyssa stated with a playful grin, “Now that I’m here…”

Nick knew where she was going with this and interjected, “…You wanna get naked?”

Alyssa smirked and chuckled softly, “Yes but I think I might make you work for it to get me naked.”

He pulled her to him and began to unbutton the dress shirt she’d been wearing. She laughed a little and leaned in kissing him softly. When he finished with the last button Alyssa slipped off the shirt revealing a lacy white camisole underneath.

“How many clothes did you put on?” Nick asked laughing a little.

“I had a meeting today talking about the fall semester. So I dressed up.” Alyssa replied and indeed she had. Black pencil skirt that stopped just above her knees. White dress blouse, stilettos that made her and Nick the same height. He looked down at her legs seeing the stockings.

“Thigh highs as well.” He added licking his lips unconsciously. He loved her in a pair of thigh highs. Something about thigh highs were so completely sexy.

Alyssa giggled, “Those I put on merely because you like them.”

He reached behind her looking for the zipper on her skirt getting a confused look when he didn’t find one. “Where the hell is the zipper on this thing.” He muttered making Alyssa giggle at him. “Stop laughing at me and help me out here.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes and moved her hand to the side unbuttoning and moving the fabric where the zipper was concealed unzipping it letting it fall to the floor leaving her in just the camisole, matching boy short underwear the black thigh highs and heels. She vaulted herself up onto the granite countertop behind her and lifted her leg up putting her foot on his chest. He took it slipping off her shoe letting it hit the floor with a loud smack. She lifted her other foot allowing him to take her other shoe off. Nick’s hands went to her upper thigh reaching for the stocking when the phone rang.

Nick rolled his eyes and picked up the phone, “What?” He barked into the phone.

“Now what kind of manners are those?” Mary scolded laughing a little.

“Hi Mary.” Nick replied looking at Alyssa who looked like she wanted to crack up. “Sorry, just I’m a little busy at the moment.”

Mary laughed a little, “Let me talk to my daughter for a moment before you get too occupied.” She countered making Nick blush and hand the phone over to Alyssa.

“Hi Momma.” Alyssa spoke into the phone.

“Hey honey, I wanted to let you know that Clark and Lori finally decided on where to have their wedding, at the house here in three weeks.”

Alyssa got a surprised look, “That’s cool I’m sure I’ll hear all about it from Lori on Monday.”

“I’m sure you will, I’ll let you get back to whatever you two were up to and honey......”

“Yes mom?” Alyssa asked still sitting on the counter she crossed her legs sitting as lady-like as she could considering she was nearly naked.

“Use protection sweetheart.” Mary replied hanging up.

Alyssa busted out laughing turning four shades of red, “I just CANNOT believe she just said that.”

Nick took the portable phone from her setting it back on the charger. “What did she say?”

“She said ‘use protection sweetheart’. God that’s embarrassing.”

He smiled a little placing his hands on her knee. “She said it to embarrass you. And she’s right we probably should.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Yeah but where’s the fun in that?”

He leaned over kissing her slowly groaning a little when she sucked on his bottom lip. She placed her hands on either side of his neck as she uncrossed her legs letting him stand between them. He pulled away from the kiss for a moment and began removing her thigh highs sliding each slowly down her legs throwing them on the floor with the her other clothes. She crossed her arms in front of her lifting the camisole up and off of her letting it join the growing pile on the floor. Nick moved his hands to her hips motioning for to lift her hips up. Alyssa smirked and braced her hands on the counter and lifted her hips up allowing him to slip her underwear down her hips just far enough for Alyssa to kick them off. He dragged his fingertips lightly up the tops of her thighs from her knees to her hips making her shudder and laugh a little at the ticklish sensation. He moved in to kiss her but she stopped him.

“This isn’t right.” She stated.

“What?” He squeaked, he couldn’t understand what possibly could be wrong with this situation.

She smiled at him, “I’m naked and you’re not.”

He smirked, “Yeah that can be fixed.”

Three hours later…

Nick looked over at Alyssa who was napping next to him. He smiled at her sleeping form loving the peaceful look on her face. He looked around the room bored; he didn’t want to wake her but needed something to occupy his mind while she slept. Looking around the room he spied his laptop and a folder full of papers and receipts that he needed to go through and input into his laptop. Sighing he got up grabbing the computer and the papers settling himself on the bed bringing the sheets around his waist. He leaned over grabbing his reading glasses off the night stand putting them on while the laptop booted up.

The worst thing about being an adult in his mind was having to be responsible for everything you spent and did. He hated going through all his financial information but he did it to keep track of everything. Especially once he heard horror stories about Hollywood accountants who stole money from their celebrity clients. Of course he trusted his accountant but he’d learned from experience it was best to keep track of things yourself as well. Grabbing the stack of papers he started to sort through all the information.

Hearing papers rustling Alyssa stirred a little opening her eyes seeing Nick sitting a little further down the bed sorting through something, what she couldn’t make out. Moving as quietly as she could she moved behind him and pressed her lips to his shoulder blade. He sighed a little not taking his attention off the papers.

“I thought you said no work this weekend.” Alyssa whispered as she continued to kiss across his back.

He stopped what he was doing closing his eyes reveling in the feeling of her lips on his skin. “You were asleep. And I was bored.”

Alyssa hugged him from behind pressing her body against his back, “You could have woke me up.”

“You need your rest, sugar.” He countered sighing feeling her skin rub against his.

She smiled and nibbled on his neck just below his ear. “Sleep is so overrated.” She stopped when she noticed he was wearing his glasses, she always found them to look extremely attractive on him. “You’re wearing your glasses…”

He looked back up at the laptop screen, “I kind of need them to see what the hell I’m reading…”

“You don’t always wear them though.”

Nick sighed, she was right he hated wearing them but if he didn’t his eyes would be sore later, “I know I don’t like wearing them. I’m supposed to though.”

“It’s sexy as hell.” He stopped and looked up, shaking his head a little. “Stop that right now, that thought that I’m blind or something. Do you realize how many girls would kill to see you like this, all naked in bed? And it’s not because you’re famous, or have money......for some that’s part of it........but for the majority of girls out there, it’s because of you.”

He turned his head seeing her face resting on his shoulder. “Ali don’t start.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes and moved away from him grabbing at his laptop opening the internet browser silently thanking God that he had wireless internet in his house. She pulled up a message board and he rolled his eyes. “Well if you don’t believe when I say that you’re hot maybe your oh so adoring fans will convince you otherwise.”

Nick rolled his eyes and closed the laptop, “I realize that some think I’m good looking but I don’t think I’m anything but normal.”

Alyssa stared at him for a moment her hand brushing his hair out of his eyes before moving it to the back of his neck pulling him into a kiss sweeping her tongue over his lips a little as he opened his mouth letting her tongue play with his. She pulled away a second later seeing he had his eyes still closed she smirked at him.

He opened his eyes a second later taking off his glasses tossing them over on the nightstand. “Have I ever told you that you’re amazing at that?”

“I had a good teacher.” She countered.

Nick grinned, “Oh really…”

“Yeah, really amazing kisser…” She flirted back.

“Amazing…huh?” He smirked leaning her back on the bed. She giggled a little wrapping her arms around him as he leaned down to kiss her.

The next night…

“I think I’m starting to get used to the whole naked thing.” Alyssa remarked as they laid on the couch flipping through channels of course still completely naked.

He smiled at her, “Good that was my plan, to break you of your modesty, finally.”

Alyssa rolled her eyes, “Well I’m sorry I was brought up Catholic you know how strict that is.”

Nick snickered making her look at him with glare. “Sorry just picturing you in a Catholic school girl outfit.”

“I went to public school you dork. But every Sunday growing up we had to go to church.”

“Still weren’t you the one that told me that Catholicism had quite a corrupt period for a long time?”

Alyssa laughed, “Yeah the church did for a few hundred years. On Sundays they’d preach about how sex is a sin and all that and then they’re the ones coined the term for the missionary position.”

Nick laughed, “That’s hilarious.”

“Yeah but don’t tell my Nana that she’d have a coronary. Hell it took her a long time to understand what a lesbian was when Ollie came out. You’ve met her, she’s very old school Catholic. I think she still thinks I’m a virgin.”

He breathed a second trying to control his laughter, “She just probably hopes that you are so you can wear white at your wedding or something like that.”

Alyssa giggled a little, “Virgin or not I’m wearing white.” She shot back.

He arched his eyebrow looking at her, “You’ve thought about it?”

She sighed and moved a little to look at him and still lay against him. “Of course I’ve thought about it.”

“And…?”

“And what?”

Nick rolled his eyes again, “What would you want?”

“What do you mean?” Alyssa asked wanting to make sure where he was going with this.

“Well what kind of wedding would you want?”

“Like if we were getting married?”

He nodded, “Yeah…”

Alyssa thought a moment she already knew exactly what she wanted but she wanted to at least look like she was thinking it over. “…Something simple, just friends and family.”

“Any ideas on where?”

“Someplace unexpected. Have it be a surprise where only you and I would know when and where exactly and spring it on everyone. That way we wouldn’t have to deal with the media and the fans.”

He smiled, “Sounds like you’ve put a little more thought into this than you’re letting on.”

She looked away for a second, “Just helping Lori with her wedding has given me some ideas.”

“Nice to know you’ve been thinking about that though.”

Alyssa blushed a little, “Yeah I’ve been thinking about it.”

“And?”

“And I like the idea…you know of us getting married… It doesn’t matter to me when it happens just eventually yeah I think that’d be cool.” She partially admitted. Alyssa loved the idea of them getting married, wanted it to happen more and more everyday, but she didn’t want to admit that yet.

He held her close and closed his eyes silently imagining what it would be like if they would get married. Half of him wanted to wait to pull off his carefully crafted plan, the other half wanted to run upstairs grab the ring and propose right then and there.

Monday morning…

Nick groaned as the phone rang rolling over grabbing it off the night stand. “’Lo.” He stated rubbing his eyes.

“Dude it’s 10AM get the hell up.” Aaron remarked.

Nick rolled his eyes and groaned in response.

“Rough night?”

Nick snickered, “Depends on your definition of rough.” He shot back.

Aaron laughed, “What is with the two of you? God you’re worse than Kellie and I.”

“And why aren’t you still with her?”

“She had school second summer session I think. Where’s your woman?”

Nick glanced next to him seeing Alyssa still out cold, “She’s out cold next to me.”

“What time did you two go to sleep last night? Alyssa never sleeps in.”

Nick chuckled a little, “What time did the sun come up?”

“I don’t know probably 4 or 5.”

“Well we crashed after sunrise.”

“So are you going to ask her to move back in yet?”

Nick thought a moment, “Probably soon, maybe after Lori and Clark’s wedding.”

“And when are you going to propose? Because seriously I’ve got my money on December, the girls and I have a bet going on when you’re finally going to ask her.”

“A bet? Aaron you should not be making bets on when I’m going to ask her. I will when I think it’s the right time.”

“Dude I think it is the right time. I got my ass dragged to one of the girls dress fittings and Lori and Kel were trying to get her to try on wedding dresses. She said she didn’t want to jinx herself.”

“Jinx herself?”

Aaron chuckled, “Yeah she said that she didn’t want to try on dresses before there’s a ring on her finger. She said she didn’t want to jinx her chances of you asking soon.”

He couldn’t deny how his heart leapt into his throat when Aaron said that. Wanting to change the subject he replied, “What about you and Kellie you tell her yet?”

“No…”

Nick sighed, “Aaron you need to tell her. Has she said anything to you?”

“She hasn’t said anything yet. I can see it though she wants to say it but I think she’s afraid it’ll push me away or something.”

Nick rolled his eyes remembering how he and Alyssa had struggled with letting the other know their feelings. “Just tell her that you love her already, she’s waiting for you to say it. I heard her talking to Ali and she doesn’t want to come off as a clingy girlfriend…so just say it already. Trust me you’re not going to regret it.”

“I will, just I love her and it’s freaking me out.”

He grinned a little, “You sound like me a few years back. When I figured out that I love Ali. It’s normal to be scared, just don’t do anything stupid.”

“Yeah I know I don’t plan on doing anything stupid I promise.”

“Better not…”