- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's more! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore & story idea. BSB, Leighanne, Baylee, & Johnny Wright all own themselves. Song is Busy Man by Billy Ray Cyrus. Thank-you!

You got to go, got to run
Hit it hard and get it done
Everyone can see you're going far
You got responsibilities
A crazy schedule that you keep
And when you say that time's a-wasting
You don't know how right you are
Busy man

Brian stood amongst his ‘brothers’ as they posed for a group shot during the interview, before sitting down to answer some more questions.

“How important is family to you guys?” The interviewer asked. “Especially since Kevin quit. Do you guys think you can pull it off without him? Or would you rather quit too and be home with family?”

“Family is very important to us,” Nick answered. “We love our families very much and hang out with them as often as possible. We’d do anything for them, and they’re completely supportive.”

“Brian, what does your wife think of you recording with the Boys again so soon after your solo album? And aren’t you still on tour?”

“She thinks it’s wonderful that we still want to continue on. We have so many ideas, that nothing can hold us back anymore. We’re not going to let anyone get in the way. And I’ve only a couple more shows to do, then that’ll probably be it for my solo tour.”

The interviewer went on to ask Howie and A.J. some questions, which left Brian time to think.

“I should have Leigh and the kids tag along one day. They’ll enjoy it. They love hearing me sing.”

Nick eyed his best friend, knowing he was working harder than the rest of them were as of late. He hadn’t seen him much, unless they were working on the next album. Seemed Brian was very busy with his solo work and charity, among other things. He just wondered what Leighanne and the kids really thought of that, knowing his best friend probably really had no idea.

~BSB~BSB~BSB~

“So how are you guys feeling?” Johnny Wright asked. “You too stressed out and need a break, or are you ready for the workload?”

“Ready,” A.J. said eagerly. “I don’t ever wanna take five years off again.”

“Me neither,” Nick agreed. “That was much too long, though really needed.”

Howie sat back, listening to everyone talk, deciding not to speak up until he felt the need too.

“And Brian, how’s the family?”

“They’re…uh…good,” Brian replied, a little hesitant. “To be honest, I really haven’t seen that much of them lately. But they all seem healthy and happy, so all is good.”

“When was the last time you hung out with your kids?” A.J. asked curiously. “I know yah weren’t there the other day, when I came to take them to the amusement park.”

Brian stopped to think a moment. “I’m not sure. I’ve been so busy I really haven’t had time for them.”

Nick frowned. “Brian, they’re just kids. You’re s’pose to make time to play with ‘em. I know that, ‘cause I used to make time for my brother and sisters – still do, even though they’re older now.”

“Some of us have successful solo careers to tend to, Nick,” Brian snapped slightly.

“Not my fault people wanted Justin Timberlake’s album more than mine!” Nick snapped, feeling a bit hurt. “And you said you liked my album! That you were proud! Or did you lie about that?”

“I’ll give you guys a few moments,” Johnny Wright stated, quickly vacating the room.

Brian sighed. “I didn’t mean that, Nick. It’s been a long day, and I’ve just realized how little I’ve seen my wife and kids. I’m supposed to be the family man, and yet, I’ve been brushing them off for work.”

“You don’t stop to have fun, you’ll work yourself to death, man,” A.J. told him, as Howie nodded his agreement. “I mean, even Kev stops to have fun once in a while. Probably all the time now, since he’s got a lot of free time on his hands.”

Brian nodded. “I know. I’m going to try and fix things, soon as I’ve got a moment.”

“Don’t wait for a moment,” Howie piped up. “Make a moment. They’re only young once, and if you miss out on that, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life.”

“You’re right,” Brian nodded. “In fact, I’m going home. I’ve got some stories to read. Can you guy s fill me in later?”

All three nodded, knowing Brian’s family needed him more than they did right then.

Have you ever seen a headstone with these words "If only I had spent more time at work"