- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yes, I've got more already. Lol. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Only own Lenore & story idea. BSB, Leighanne, Baylee, & Johnny Wright all own themselves. Song is Busy Man by Billy Ray Cyrus. Thank-you!

There's a call one day from the office
They need you down in Birmingham
You say no way, the weekend's mine
I got plans with the kids and a date with my wife
I'm a busy man

The phone rang, as Littrell children were running about excitedly. Their Daddy had promised to take them to the park and then to see Sharon and Bram. They were very excited!

“Daddy! Phone!” Lenore called, having had answered the phone after being instructed to do so.

Brian took the phone from her, kissing her head as thanks. “Hello?”

“Brian, we need you to come in today. We’ve a very important meeting scheduled and you must be there,” management said. “This has to do with your future.”

Brian looked down at the little face staring up at him with a worried look, as though she knew that whatever he decided would plan today’s fate. He listened as management went on and on as to why they needed him to come in today of all days, and why it couldn’t wait. But as he listened, all he took note of was the look on his little girl’s face/. He knew what he had to do.

“I’m sorry, but I can’t come in today. I’ve got plans,” Brian stated, smiling warmly down at the little girl who still stood before him. “I promised my kids we’d go to the park and see Sharon and Bram. The other guys can fill me in later. “Good-bye.”

Lenore watched in awe as her Daddy hung up the phone. She couldn’t believe he’d just told his bosses no!

“Go get your shoes on, Honey,” Brian smiled.

Lenore’s whole face lit up as she yelled for her brother. “Baylee! Get yer shoes on! Daddy’s really takin’ us!”

Brian watched as she ran off, finding himself smiling more than ever before. He never knew it could feel so good to tell management no. He realized then he should do it more often – it was worth the excited looks on his children’s faces.

Baylee ran into the kitchen then, crashing into his father who was coming out. “Daddy!” He squealed. “Uppy! Pwease!”

Brian laughed and scooped his son up into his strong loving arms. He couldn’t remember the last time he’d seen the kids so excited. “Ready to go, Buddy?”

“Yeah!” Baylee exclaimed, clapping his hands in excitement.

“Bye Mommy!” Lenore yelled out, as she finished tying up her shoes. She was thrilled beyond belief to be spending the day with her Daddy.

Leighanne entered the hallway then, smiling, glad to see her children so happy - her husband too. “Have fun, stay safe, and be good.”

Lenore giggled. “We’re always safe! Daddy c’n scare away the monsters!”

Brian chuckled. He hadn’t heard her talk about monsters in a while – he wondered if she was even still afraid of them.

Leighanne smiled and kissed her children’s heads, before kissing her husband. “I love you.”

“Love you more,” Brian beamed. It felt great to be taking the kids out!

“C’mon Daddy!” Lenore insisted, grabbing his hand and trying to drag him out the front door.

Brian laughed and scooped her up, swinging her up so that she was sitting on his shoulder, Baylee still in his other arm.

Lenore laughed delightedly, as Baylee giggled into his chubby little hands.

Leighanne smiled, as she waved good-bye to her husband and kids, knowing today would definitely be cause for great memories.

~BSB~BSB~BSB~

Later that night, after bedtime stories had been read and little children tucked in, mother and father would preparing for an evening out. They had managed to get A.J. to baby-sit, though all he really had to do was watch T.V. and be there should either child have nightmares. But still, they knew he could be trusted and they’d be able to relax while out.

While they were getting ready, a little voice was heard. “Daddy?”

Brian looked up and smiled when he saw his eight-year-old standing in the doorway. “Yes, Honey?”

“C’n I stays up an’ watch T.V. with Uncle Alex? Please?” Lenore pleaded. “I’ll be really good.”

Brian eyed Leighanne, then smiled at his little girl. “Sure, Honey. You can stay up for a little bit.”

Really?” Lenore asked in shock. He’d never let her stay up before, unless it was her birthday.

“Yes,” Brian replied. “Because if I know Uncle Alex, he’d wake you up to play and watch T.V. anyway.”

Lenore giggled. “Uh-huh. C’n Baylee play too?”

“I think we’d best let Baylee sleep for a while, and if he wakes up later, he can play for a bit,” Leighanne piped up, before her husband gave their eldest permission to go pounce on their youngest.

The doorbell rang then, and Lenore was off like a dart, knowing just who was at the door.

Brian laughed, then smiled at his wife. “Tonight shall be fun. I’m glad we convinced Alex to spend the night.”

“Not as glad as I am,” Leighanne smiled, holding up her overnight bag.

Brian chuckled. He’d planned this evening quite well. He wanted to make it up to his wife, for always working so much and for pushing her aside when he shouldn’t have. “I love you.”

“Love you more,” Leighanne smiled, kissing him, as they heard Lenore announcing her uncle’s arrival from downstairs. “She’s definitely your child, exuberant and noisy.”

Brian laughed, as he grabbed their bags and took hold of his wife’s hand, leading her downstairs to begin their night. He couldn’t wait to romance her once more! And romance her he would – forever. Never again would he neglect his family - never.

You got to go, got to run
Take a break and have some fun
Those that love you most
Say you've come far