- Text Size +
He paced back and forth. Today would be the day. He couldn’t take another day of it. He just didn’t know how to take those steps. She wasn’t supposed to be home until midnight that day. It was 6 P.M. He held his destiny in his hand. All he had to do was leave. There was only one thing holding him back: Alexia. He had a feeling deep in his stomach that wasn’t very funny. He could remember the day that his father left. This was different though. He wasn’t even sure if the child was his. He couldn’t take that kind of pressure and insecurity. This was not how he expected to live his life.

He decided that it was finally time. He got a few bags. He packed up his clothes and a few of his possessions. He looked at the pictures on their dresser. Pictures of the times that were the happiest. As it was on his wedding day, a single tear rolled down his cheek as he sat and stared at their wedding picture. He didn’t want what wasn’t his…or what he couldn’t have. He placed the manila envelope on her pillow as he walked out. He threw his stuff in the back of his car and sped away.



Brina walked into the house, finding it rather silent. “AJ…Are you here?” She noticed some things were gone here and there. She ran up to their room. She noticed the packet and opened it. Inside were signed divorce papers. She gasped for air. He had found out. The envelope was not empty. She emptied the contents and saw his wedding band. There was also a little note: This is the last piece that I take from your life. It’s apparent that you lied on our wedding day. You don’t need my love in your life anymore." She had blown it. She began to cry.