- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I know, I know. Why am I updating with a new story when I haven't touched the others? Honestly, I am working on the other two stories. I've just been working on revising them! But I've spent so much time on them that I needed a new project to preoccupy my brain. And this idea has been flooding my mind since I've come up with it. Don't worry though, I'm trying not to be like other coma stories. So, enjoy! I would love feedback on this story, too. So, if you have any suggestions, I have the story posted on ethereality. Thanks y'all! :)
Breaking Up Is Hard To Do


“Just get the fuck out! I don’t ever want to see you again! Am I making myself clear?”

She drew a shaky breath before holding it in as she awaited his response. She watched fearfully as he reacted to her harsh words. She could no longer hear his angered yells and vicious words, only the sound of the quick pumps her heart was making in her ears. He flailed his arms about, pointed to her, kicked the coffee table, and paced back and forth like he was muted and put on slow-motion. But all sound and normal speed came crashing back to her right after he picked up the lamp. And when he hurled it in her direction, she reacted as if she hadn’t seen it coming so fast. She jumped up nervously and raised her hands to cover her face, gasping so hard that she began coughing.

Crying and coughing. That’s what he saw her doing as soon as all the red had faded from his sight. Although the lamp had been deliberately thrown to miss her form, he instantly regretted using such violence. Just seeing her standing before him, shaking so horribly, made his heart break all over again. That’s right, again. She broke his heart just a few hours ago when she told him she was done with their relationship. The fresh reminder of his recent lost love and the current sight of her made him cry out loud, springing fresh tears to his eyes. He turned away from his fiancé—ex fiancé and crashed into the wall on his right.

“What is happening to us?” she murmured to the figure leaning against the light blue wall. Flashbacks of when they had painted that very wall came to her mind. They were happy then. Weren’t they? She tried so hard to remember when everything had changed. But it all blurred together so well. His light voice starting to speak snapped her attention back from reminiscing of so-called ‘better times’.

“You tell me,” he replied chillingly as he sniffled. He had stopped crying. She could never look at him when he cried, it always made her weak. But this time there was no backing down. It had to be done. Turning her back from him, she finally said all she had to say.

“Goodbye.”

She zoned out after speaking those words. They were so final that it hurt when thinking about it. She was closing the book on them. After such a long period since starting their story, she was ending it all. The voice in her head kept screaming ‘No! Don’t do this! You can work it out, work through this together. Pushing him away will only make things worse. Stop! Tell him to come back!’ Almost too scared of regretting her decision, she whipped back around expecting to see him before her, pleading for her to end all of the madness with his eyes. But she only saw a blank wall in her sight.

A gust of wind shot through the open window of her house, blowing her sheer white curtains upwards, allowing her to see into the driveway. His car was gone. He was gone. That’s when her body felt it, the sudden drain of strength, causing her to collapse to her knees.

Later in life, whenever she would look back on this day, she would never remember hearing his last words when he left her. Alone.