- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter Language warning Please read and review.
Chapter three The fight

When Brian arrived home he expected to find Leighanne waiting for them, but she wasn’t home. After putting Baylee to bed he went down to the living room thinking maybe she left a note or something saying when she’d be back. There was no such luck. Deciding she probably just went over to a friends he took a shower and head to bed. At 1:00 a.m. Leighanne staggered into their bedroom tripping over her shoe which she had just taken off. She giggled loudly.. “Leigh is that you?” Brian asked half asleep. “Yesh go back to sleep babe I’m gonna take a quick shower.” She slurred. “It’s 1:00 in the morning Leighanne where have you been?” Brian asks getting angry that his wife has been gone all night. “Out with a few friends.” She answers getting undressed.

“What friends, god Leighanne you have a son now you can’t stay out all night.” Brian says angry. “Shut up bible thumper.” She says just before falling into the tub. Brian runs in the bathroom. “Are you ok?” He asks still angry, but worried at the same time. He walks over to her and can smell the alcohol on her. “You’re drunk!” he says loudly. “No shit, I have to drink to put up with you.”She slurs as she pulls her self to a standing position. “I’m going to take Baylee and leave for the night I don’t want to be around you and I don’t want my son around you.” “Whatever, Brian, whatever.” She says turning the water on.

Brian gets dressed and packs an over night bag for him and Baylee. He goes into Baylee’s room picking the sleeping child up out of his bed and carrying him out to the car. As he strapped the sleeping child in he tried to decide which on of his friends to turn to at this time of morning. He got in and start driving knowing only one of them would let him stay without too many questions well at least until morning. He drove to the house hoping he was right.

Aj was in the middle of the same dream he’d been having for the past few nights when he heard his doorbell. “Who the hell is it this time of night” He said drawing himself out of bed and downstairs. He looks out the peephole to see Brian standing there with a sleep Baylee in his arms. He opens the door. “Are you nuts get him in this house.” Aj said whispering. “Thanks Bone where can I lay him?” “Try the room with his name on the door that might be a good idea.” Aj said shaking his head. Brian takes Baylee upstairs and puts him back to bed. He turns around to see Aj leaning on the door frame. “I’m going back to bed but I expect a full explanation in the morning.” Aj says walking back to his room. Brian is thankful that he didn’t have to talk about it right now, he found his room and went to bed.