- Text Size +
"Amy, I heard someone falling?" Dad's voice said. Before we could react, Dad was in the room, staring at me and Aaron laying on the floor, with him ontop me. I have never had to get up from that position before... Dad had a homicidal look on his face.

"I... think I should go..." Aaron said quietly. He was about to lean over to give me a kiss on cheek but he stopped, when he saw the look on Dad's face. Aaron walked quickly by him and out of my room. A few seconds later we heard the front door open and close.

"Young lady..." Dad started with a sigh.

"Dad, please! I'm fine!" I yelled. This was getting stupid. What is his issue??

"You looked a little too-"

"'Too' what? Happy?" I exclaimed.

"AMY!" my mother shouted, having just walked into the room. "Don't interrupt your father!"

"But Mom, I'm sick of this! He didn't do anything to hurt me! Please, trust me!" I pleaded.

My father sighed as he looked around my room. "I trust you, Amy."

"Then why are you treating me like you don't??"

"What am I supposed to think when I hear crying and screaming? When it sounds like someone's beating someone else? I'm just trying to keep you safe." he explained. It made sense.

"Dad," I said, pausing to think carefully about what I wanted to say, "I know you're just trying to protect me. I just wish you'd give me a little credit! I'm not stupid."

He looked back at Mom for a moment before he walked over and hugged me. "Go find Aaron." he said, kissing my forehead. I made a mad dash for the stairs.

"Thanks, Dad! Bye! Bye, Mom!" I called as I skipped the last two steps and rushed out the door. I ran across the street, not paying attention to where I was going, until- thud. I ran into someone. But who?



"Whoa, wheres the fire?" the blonde guy asked, still reeling a bit from the impact. I looked him over for a moment: black cargo shorts, a blue short-sleeved shirt with some tattoo-looking design on it, and he looked a lot like Aaron.

"Sorry!" I said, putting my hands in my pockets and trying not to blush. "Is Aaron here?"

"I think so," he said, blue eyes gleaming, "His car is here. I'm Nick, by the way." he offered his hand to me.

"I'm Amy." I said, shaking his hand. "I'm your new neighbor, I live across the street."

"Oh! Welcome to the neighborhood." he said.

"I've been welcomed," I laughing, pointing to the blond male coming up behind him, "By your brother. Very friendly, he is."

Nick had an amused facial expression on his face as Aaron slid under his arm, and winked at me as he ruffled Aaron's hair. "Of course he is."

"Ready?" Aaron asked with a easy smile once he had escaped the evil grasps of his brother, "Lunch time."




"Doesn't it bother you?" I asked, nodding toward the man with the camera who was trying to blend in while sitting in his car. Kinda hard to blend in when you've got a big ol' camera lens sticking out of the window. Even harder not to notice when the camera is pointed at us.

"Sometimes," Aaron explained, "but I tend to ignore them. Especially when theres someone else I'd rather be paying attention to..." He laughed as I blushed. "Its true!"

"Why me? I mean, I'm not the most fascinating person in the world-"

"Yes you are. To me you are, at least." He sneakily slid his hand under mine and squeezed it. He put down his fork with his other hand and flashed a smile at the camera across the street before asking the waiter for the check. "What say we get out of here?" he asked, letting go of my hand to reach into his pocket. Hey, put that back!

I nodded and waved across the street quickly. Aaron and I both laughed as the photog waved back. When the waiter came back with the check, Aaron put down some cash and got up, taking me by the hand and leading me away from the table.


~Two hours later~

After finally finding my key to the house, we walked upstairs to my room. Something was going on here. Something seemed... different. I opened my room door and there it was: the bed I saw the other day with Aaron. I knew he was up to something! I knew it!!

"Aaron, what-" I began. In fact, I noticed two other things in my room that I'd pointed out to him, too, but it was the bed that kept my main focus.

"I hope you like it. I gave your Dad a heads up the other day that I bought it for you, but I wanted to keep it a surprise." He told me. Maybe thats why Dad was acting weird?

"I love it, but you didn't have to do that." I kissed him on the lips. He smirked and tackled me onto the bed, tickling me. At least now we had something soft to land on.

"So how long do I have to stay away from you while I'm in school and you're at work?" I asked, draping my arm around his shoulder as I gazed at my brand new computer. I couldn't believe he and my parents had actually bought that, along with the new bookcase filled with my favorite books.

"Well, baby, it depends how much I have to work."

I frowned. School. Please, God, please don't let this school suck as much as my old one. I kissed him on the cheek. "What am I gonna do all day stuck in school without you??"

"You'll be alright, I promise."

"I hope so..." I trailed off.