- Text Size +
"You're serious?" My lips finally formed the words and left my lips, when I realized that was not the smart thing to say. Nick eyes bugged out on me, and he took a step forward, his face turning red.

"Why would I joke about this? Amy, you know I wouldn't. We get into fights - me and Aaron - all the time, but you know I love him. I'd never want anything bad to happen to him."

My hands automatically raised to my face, covering it, like they always did when I was distressed. "No, no, no!" I moaned, "This is all my fault."

Nick shook his head before doing double take, perusing my face more closely. "What did you do to him?" he asked suspiciously.

Then it hit me. Not literally, but a thought. "I didn't do anything to him. But I think I might know who would."

"Who?"

"Somebody who was jealous of our relationship, somebody who still loves me." I called over my shoulder as I rushed into the entryway of my house to grab my military green jacket.

"Amy, I told you, I don't -" Nick began, gesturing to himself. I ran towards him after locking the door behind me.

"Not you." I said. "Jack."



"Jack?" Nick shouted. "But Jack doesn't know about him. He thinks that you're my girlfriend... What the hell would he be doing with Aaron then?"

"Wait!" I exclaimed as we walked up Nick, Aaron, and Angel's driveway. "Those pictures of me and Aaron from US Weekly a while ago... I bet Jack found out about them." I hit my forehead as something else occurred to me. "Damnit! I should have known something was wrong when Jack called my cellphone! He doesn't have my number!"

"He called you? What did he say?" Nick said, pulling on my shoulder to stop me from hitting my forehead again.

"He was saying how he still loved me and all that stuff. I didn't even look at the Caller ID to see what number it was. I'm so stupid!"

"Don't beat youself up, Amy. Do you think he'd hurt Aaron?"

"What do you think?" I asked. "Hes jealous, hes pissed, and if he found Aaron-"

"Come on. We need to find him." Nick said, getting in the driver's seat as I opened the passenger door. "Angel, if he comes back here, call me." She nodded and walked inside as we pulled out of the driveway and sped down the street.

Moments later, I had an idea. "Jack didn't call from a blocked number." I stated, pulling out my phone and hitting redial.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Ring. "Hellooo?" Jack answered.

"Jack! Where are you?"

"Oh, my hotel room..." He answered nonchalantly. Nick shot me a worried look as he saw my knuckles in a tight fist, turning whiter every second.

"Have you seen Aaron today?"

"Aaron? Who's Aaron?"

"Aaron!" I sighed. "Aaron Carter, you know who he is!"

"Yeah, I know him! But why the hell would I have seen him?"

"Dont screw around with me, Jack!" I yelled, all my built up frustration reaching it's boiling point.

"What? I've never screwed you Amy," Jack said lightly. Bad time for a joke.

I had to tell him. "Nick isn't my boyfriend: Aaron is." I confessed.

"Why'd you lie to me?" He sounded disappointed.

"Because its none of your damn business anymore!" I exclaimed. Jack isn't the only one who can spot a liar.

"I knew you were lying..." Jack trailed off. I could hear the smug smile on his face.

"What did you do to him, Jack?!"

"What makes you think I did something to him?"

"Because you always do stupid shit! What did you do?" No more bullshitting.

"Nothing baby," he said. I felt like reaching into the phone and twisting his neck around. "Nothing that we can't fix."

"Jack, I'm fucking serious. What. Did. You. Do. To. Aaron?" I took a few deep breaths as I struggled to remain calm. If that little bitch did anything bad to Aaron, I'm gonna... I'm gonna...

"Why dont you talk to him, Sweetie..." Still with that smug tone.

I waited anxiously while I heard the phone being shuffled around in the background, my heart beating to it's maximum extent.

"Amy?" A scared voice took over Jack's oily one, but it didn't calm me down any less.

"Aaron?"

"Yeah. Amy, what's going on?" he asked in a small voice.

"Where are you?" I asked, giving Nick a nervous sideways glance.

"I have no idea. I got tackled, and-"

"Okay, time's up!" Jack exclaimed, his voice returning just in time to keep Aaron from finishing his sentence. In the background I heard another familiar voice.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"That?" Jack said with a laugh. "A new friend. Old friend to you, though."

Tony.

"Do you know where Tony is?" I wrote on a piece of scratch paper I'd found in the visor and held up to Nick.

Nick nodded.

"Who!" I pressured. I knew he'd leave wherever he was if he knew we figured out where he was. But still, what the hell were they doing to Aaron? "Jack, please, dont hurt Aaron. I'm begging you." I pleaded. Nick stopped the car at the stoplight, watching me silently with a "What's going on?" look.

"Oops. I think I did it again." was his reply. I heard a voice yelling out in agony in the background and felt bile rising up my throat. "'Cause to lose all my senses, it's just so typically me. Oh baby baby..." Jack sang. Click.

I leaned over the side of car and threw up, the sourness of his voice seeming to push it's wretchness into me.

"I guess we're headed to Tony's place, then..." Nick trailed off, sounding uneasy.

"Yeah..." I answered, equally as uneasy. It was total silence in the car all the way to the dirty block Tony lived on. "No wonder he his the way he is... Sorry..." I added, realizing my comment was out of line.

As we walked along the hallway on Tony's floor in his apartment building, I saw rats and a few bugs scurrying around.

"This is it.." Nick leaned over and whispered to me when we got to his door.