- Text Size +
Aaron sighed and stood up from his seat. "I can't believe I was such an ass. I could've helped you if I hadn't been so stubborn. And now you might be sick." He walked over to the window and sighed as he looked out of it.

"Stop it, there's no way you-or anyone- could've known that Jack was going to attack a second time in my house."

"Still, if I hadn't be so goddamn ridiculous I would have been with you when he tried."

"Okay you know what? We're not going to talk about what's happened for the past few days. We're changing the subject completely," I said folding my arms over my chest. "Soooo, how 'bout them Red Sox?"

Aaron laughed and walked back over to me. He sat next to me on the bed and leaned in for a kiss.

"You do know that I would have probably been knockin' at your door even if you didn't get hurt right?" He said putting his forehead against mine.

"I had a hunch," I said with a grin.

Then someone came through the door in a white lab coat. "Are you Amy Sean?"

"Yes, that's me," I said, my heart rate speeding up.

"I have good news, and bad news, which would you like first?"

"Um, bad, cause it comes first in the alphabet." I said after a moment's thought.

"The bad news is that most of your test results aren't back yet."

I heaved a sigh of relief. "And the good news?"

"The good news is that they mangaged to get us one of the tests back, and its one of the major ones. I didn't want you to worry more than you had to."

"Which one came back?"

The doctor cleared his throat. "The uh... the pregnancy test."

I looked at Aaron, who looked as nervous as the doctor did. He was squeezing my hand so tightly I thought it was gonna turn blue. "...And?" I said after a few moments of excruciating and awkward silence.

"Its negative." He said, looking down at the file folder in his hands. "You're not pregnant, Miss Sean."

Just then, a huge weight lifted from my shoulders. I didn't care right then that I might still be sick, I wasn't gonna be a mother. Not yet, at least.

"I'll let you know when the other results come back." The doctor said, closing the folder.

"Thank you, doctor." I said, trying to contain my happiness until he left the room. Once he walked out the door, I let the big smile I'd been trying to hide show for everyone to see. "Thank G-d!" I said.

"You said it..." Aaron said, kissing my cheek. "I was gonna kill Jack if it was positive."

As we were celebrating, Nick and Angel came back in. "We just saw the doctor walk away, what happened??" Angel asked.

I looked at Aaron and could tell by the sinister look on his face that it was time to give Nick some payback.

"The doctor came with some results," Aaron said solemnly, careful to avoid eye contact with Nick.

"And what? What did it say?" Nick pressured, anxiety rising through the tips of his messy blonde hair.

Remember what you learned in Drama class, Amy. I turned on the waterworks. "I'm...pregnant!"

"Oh my God..." Angel said, sitting down in the nearest chair.

"Amy..." Nick said, a look of complete shock across his face, "I'm so sorry. I- I thought... I thought we got there in time..."

I clapped my hands against my wet face and pretended to sob into it noisely while I tried to stifle a smile. "I know you did!" Teardrop. "But it's all that bitch's fault. I hate Jack!"

"Me too..." Nick said. Angel chimed in agreement.

"Okay..." I said, holding back a big laugh. "I'm not a mom," I grinned. "But we're not sure about anything else... those tests haven't come back yet."

"Yeah, but one good test is better than none," Angel said.

"True," I agreed.

I yawned, with everything that had been happening lately, I hadn't gotten sny sleep.

"We should leave you to rest," Nick said.

"Yeah you've been through a hell of a lot in the past few days," Angel chimed in.

"I'll see you later, baby," Aaron added, kissing me on the cheek.

"Okay, don't forget to call me later, you can probably get the room number from the front desk."

They walked out of the room from oldest to youngest, before he closed the door Aaron turned around and mouthed 'I love you' to me one last time. For now, everything was going okay.

~Three Hours Later~

When I woke up I was still sore from my tumble with Jack. I touched my head where it had hit my bureau and had to be stitched.

A nurse came through the door with a new bag of medicine for my IV.

"Oh hi honey," she said in a cheerful voice. "The doctor has gotten three more tests back."

"Really?" I asked hopefully. "Do you have the results?"

"Uh yes, hold on one minute," she hooked up the medicine. "This'll make you sleepy, so you won't wake up in the middle of the night. Now let's see, the test results... Oh yes, here we are... Uh... Negative for HIV, negative for herpes, but..." she paused and shook her head. "Positive for Gonorrea... I'm so sorry honey."

My heart fell into my stomach. "It can be treated, right?"

"Oh yeah," she said with a definite nod. "It's one of the easier diseases to treat."

"Thank God," I said to myself with a sigh of relief.

"Is it completely cureable?" I asked. Please be completely cureable...

"Yes. You'll be on antibiotics for a while, but it'll clear up completely." The nurse reported, walking towards the door. Thank you God.

"Like, how long? Am I able to come in contact with anybody?" I realized my voice was becoming more shrill and more shrill by the moment. "Am I able to at least kiss my boyfriend?"

"No sexual contact." The nurse stated. "Kissing should be fine."

"Can I use the phone?" I asked as the nurse headed for the doorway once more.

She nodded and slid the phone closer to me on the nightstand. "Thank you, again." I said.

"You're welcome. Sweet dreams..." She trailed off, leaving the room.

I picked up the phone, put it on my lap, and dialed.

"Hello?"

"Mom? Dad? It's me, Amy."

"Amy?" My dad sounded relieved as hell that I was calling him, like it showed that I was still alive. Of course I'm alive. I won't die just cause Jack...

"Yeah. Your only daughter remember? Unless, you know, there's something that you're hiding, cause I remember, I remember," I smiled to myself as I knew I was rambling, but I had to get him off of his stressed out kick before I gave him the bad news, "that I saw a pair of girl clothes in your dresser, which was like, too small for mom, and I know that youre not having an affair, so that got me thinking about if you cross-"

Finally, he let out a laugh. "Glad to know that your sense of humor is still intact."

"Yeah..." I said with a nervous laugh.

"Is something wrong?" he asked.

"Not really..." I trailed off. "But I got some of my test results back."

I could hear him holding his breath. "And?"

"I'm not pregnant." I stated. I heard a sigh on the other end. "And, I don't have HIV or herpes."

"Thank G-d."

"But..." I cringed.

"But what? Amy, what else?"

"I tested positive for Gonorrhea." I said, trying to hold back tears.

"Oh honey..."

"But its cureable. They're gonna put me on antibiotics, and the nurse said it should clear up completely after that."

"Well, thats good."

"If I ever get my hands on Jack-"

"You're in good company. Nick and Aaron wanna kill him, too. So does Angel."

"Well, honey, I was gonna say I was gonna cut off his -"

"Dad!"

"Just to make sure he doesn't do this to other girls!" Dad argued.

"Suuure, thats why." I said.

"How's Mom?" I asked, changing the subject. Already way too awkward for my liking. I didn't really prefer talking about male... body parts with my father, if you get my drift.

"She's fine." He said quickly. Quickly enough to be unconvincing.

"Are you sure? Can I talk to her?"

After momentarily silence, my dad finally answered. "Uh, sure, honey. Just try to break the news gently, okay?"

"Okay..." How does one break news like this gently?

"Amy?" Mom asked. She sounded so tired.

"Hey, mom!" I said in my cheeriest voice.

"I'm so glad you're okay." I heard her sniff in the background, suddenly feeling bad for trying to fake my way out of this one.

"I dont know how to tell you this...easily."

"Amy, what's wrong?"

"They told me I was positive for Gonnorrhea." I braced myself for her reply. Sobs carried over onto my end of the line and I felt increasingly sorry for Mom. Why did this have to happen to her? If only I'd been a good girl and stayed at home all day and knitted or something...Yeah right...I'll become a nun then.

"But it's curable, Mom, it's curable!"

"I always knew that boy would hurt you like this one day..." she said, sniffling. "I always knew you'd end up in the hospital because of him!" I heard my dad calming her down in the background. "I'm so sorry this happened, honey. At least they can cure you, though."

"Yeah... I'm sorry, Mom."

"Jack's the one who should be sorry. You just get some rest, you've had a tough time lately."

"I will, Mom." I sniffled. Enough crying already! I feel like I'm stuck in a Lifetime movie! "You get some rest, too. Don't worry so much about me."

"Its my job, Amy. Love you."

"You too. Bye."

"Bye." Click.

Now, one last person I need to call. For now.