- Text Size +
Aaron immediately rushed over and tried to quickly put the pills away. As if putting them away faster would make me forget I ever saw them in the first place, or make me forget what they even were.

"Aaron, tell me I'm seeing things." I said sternly, my eyes never leaving him.

"You're seeing things." He said, not looking at me as he put the pills back in the drawer and closed it.

"Aaron! Don't fucking lie to me!"

"You told me to tell you you were seeing things!"

"I didn't think you'd seriously lie to me!" I was trying not to cry. The thought of him doing this... Doing drugs... It made me want to beat the living shit out of him. I was just trying to control myself, at least until I could get downstairs...

"I-I'm sorry..." He said, sitting on the bed next to me and trying to hold my hand. The moment he reached for me I moved over a bit on the bed. My attempts at not crying proved to be in vain, as tears began to stream down my cheeks. "I knew there was a reason you pushed me," I said, my voice cracking.

"Baby... I-I'm sorry... I don't know what else to say."

"How about 'I'll get rid of those right now and never think about using them again'?!"

"...I can't..." he said, in less than a whisper.

"What do you mean 'you can't'?"

"I meant what I said okay?!!" he yelled at me, standing up and shooting me a glare. I glared right back. He wasn't going to scare me, I wouldn't let it happen, I refused to let him take over like Jack had.

"Fine, well I refuse to have anything to do with another junkie. I'm warning you..." My cowardice and worry had now become full fledged anger. "If you don't cut this shit out now... We're done."

He gave me a petrified look, and once again, his face was pale. "What?!"

"I meant what I said," I coldly shot back his own words. "So now you can make a decision. Me, or your drugs. Pick one, because you can't have both," I stared him straight in the eye, my gaze never wavering. "I'll be waiting downstairs for your answer." And with that, I walked out the door, making sure to slam it, and stomped downstairs. Once at the bottom of the stairs I sat down, tears still flowing.

"What happened?" Angel asked, rushing over and sitting down next to me. Nick walked over too, and BJ and Leslie came in from the kitchen.

"He-" I sniffled. "I found a bag of pills in his drawer..." Angel pulled me into a hug while looking up at her brother.

"I'll fucking kick his-" Nick started.

"Nick!" Angel interrupted as Lesile sat down on my other side.

"I-I told him I guess thats why he pushed me, and he said he didn't know what to say." I continued, trying to ignore Nick's anger-driven comments.

"Dumbass." Nick muttered, and I could tell he would've kept going if Angel hadn't given him a warning glare.

"I suggested he try getting rid of them and promising not to use them anymore, and he said he couldn't."

"He said he couldn't?" Leslie and Angel seemed to ask at the same time. It was like sitting in surround sound for a minute.

I nodded, my head on Angel's shoulder. "Just before I came down here I told him he had to choose between me and the drugs. I'm not gonna go through what I went through with Jack..." I began to sob again as memories of Jack came rushing back to me...

"We won't let it happen." Angel consoled, as her siblings chimed in agreement.

"I'm going up there." Nick stated, making his way to the stairs.

"Nick, don't, you'll only make things worse..." I said, getting up from Angel's embrace. "I just want to see what he'll decide on his own... If he chooses the drugs, then you can step in."

I walked over to Nick and tugged on his arm, but he didn't budge, he just stared up at the top of the stairs. Finally, after a minute or so, he turned and reluctantly went to the couch. "How'll we know if he chose the drugs?" he asked, plopping down next to where Angel had moved.

"Give him ten or fifteen minutes, if he doesn't come down in that time, go get him."

Nick nodded and leaned back in the couch. After ten minutes of waiting, I got up and told them that I'd be at Kyle's. I didn't want to be around for what Nick may have to do to get Aaron to come out of his room or downstairs.

Angel asked me if I needed a ride, which I declined. And I began to walk down the dark street alone, it began to rain steadily and I began to cry, harder than ever. My life was falling apart before me. My dad left. My mom became an alcoholic. I was kicked out of my house. And to top it all off my boyfriend was on drugs.

About half way through my 3 and a half mile walk to Kyle's I said to myself, "It can't get much worse then this..." But just then a car came screaming around a corner ahead of me, high beams on, music blasting, swerving everywhere. I stood there, petrified, blinded, and scared shitless. The last thing I remember was staring into the high beams, wondering if this was it for me and my suck-ass excuse for a life......