- Text Size +
~The Next Morning~

I unpacked a box of my clothes and found a pair of old army green cargo shorts and a white tank top and got dressed as fast as I could. I zippered up my black hoodie from yesterday as I walked downstairs. My mom was smiling as she sat at the table.

"How was your night, honey?" she asked.

I yawned as I sat down across from her. "It was alright, even though I was still sleeping on the floor."

"Well, maybe Aaron could help you move in your furniture after you finish painting." She suggested. She must really like Aaron. She never wanted me to hang out with Jack... Jack. Hes the last person I want to think about right now. Hes 3,000 miles away, and thats where my memories of him are gonna stay.

"Speaking of Aaron," Dad said, walking in from the living room, "I just saw him outside."

I jumped up. "Really?"

"Yeah. He wanted me to let you know hes waiting outside for you."

I got up from the table, brushed off my pants, and hurried outside. "I'll see you guys later!!" I called back. My parents looked at each other and laughed.

"Hes better than Jack..." Dad commented.

"That he is. Shes never been so happy." Mom replied. She leaned over and kissed him on the cheek "Thank you for doing this for us."

~Meanwhile~

When I got outside I looked around for Aaron, and found him sitting in his idling black Range Rover.

"Get in!" he yelled, motioning for me to come over with his hand. I walked over and stood by the driver's side window.

"Wait, where are we going?" I asked.

"We need to buy paint, don't we?" I nodded and walked around to the passenger's seat. He smiled at me as I fastened my seat belt and we drove off. "Your dad insisted on giving me cash to pay for it, though." he explained.

"That's just... typical him." I said smiling to hide my slight embarrassment.

"I don't mind." He said, smiling back. "We're almost there," he announced while turning left around the corner.

A few minutes later, we got out of the car. The sun was warm, and when my eyes saw the mall Aaron had taken me to, I was speechless. It was like 10 times the size of my house!

"Wow...But, weren't we out to get paint?" I asked.

"They have paint and stuff here. Plus, I thought maybe you'd want some new furniture. Like, a housewarming gift." Aaron said happily.

"I-I don't know what to say..."

"Take your time, it'll come to you. We can't stand here for ever you know. Come on, let's go inside."

"Good idea..." I trailed off as he took my hand and walked me inside. I would have walked on my own, but I was still a bit surprised at his offer.

~Inside the department store~

Immediately, my eyes landed on a beautiful wooden bed structure, polished and magnificent. "That is soooo pretty!" I exclaimed.

"Yeah," Aaron replied, looking at me with a glazed look in his eyes. I dismissed that weird little fact and continued awing over the crazy-awesome furniture.

"Oh my God, look at that one!" I shrieked, leading Aaron, well, more like dragging him, to this tall chestnut brown canopy bed. I bit my lip and tried to restrain from screaming in pleasure. No, that's not what I mean. It was just that the bed was so beautiful.

"What about that one?" Aaron suddenly suggested, pointing over to a small bed I'd missed in my deranged quest to peruse all the furniture in less than 5 minutes. I followed his fingers point and gasped. It was just a black metal frame, simple, and plain. But it was beautiful.

"God, Aaron, you have a good eye for beautiful stuff," I complimented as we jumped up on the bed, ignoring the no jumping on the bed sign propped up against the pillow.
He gave me a glazed look again, this time lingering on my face, and I shrugged. Were all teenage boys like this?

"Yeah. Maybe." he smirked, smoothing his white hands over the black bedspread that the sign claimed did not come with the purchase. "It's a big bed. Maybe if you buy it you could have some sleepovers or something."

I pouted. "Yeah. If I ever make some friends."

Aaron winked, his face turning deliciously adorable, more than it was before. "I'll be your buddy, and we can rock -"

I laughed. "Okay, dude, enough." I fingered the price tag attached to the sign and turned it over. The multiple numbers made me jump. "Damn. This is expensive. Remind me to get dad to come here and get me this, cos we left my bed home..from where we used to live."

His eyes twinkled, making me wonder what he was up to. In fact, I always wondered what he was up to. "Wait here." Aaron said excitedly as he hopped off the bed.

"O-kay.." I said, watching him closely.

Aaron went by to a man that worked here. What were they talking about?! While they were talking Aaron pointed at the bed and some other pieces of furniture that I had pointed out before. Finally came he back, but with an ear to ear smile.

"What did you to talk about?" I asked curiously, trying not to sound too anxious or suspicious.

"Ohh, nothing. So... What color do you want your room?" He asked, as we walked to the paint store. I think he cared more about changing the subject than he did about what color I wanted my room.

"Uhhh..." I looked deep into his eyes, wondering if I really was in a dream and almost answered brown. But that would be like living in a forest. "Uhm, like light pale green and really light gray. Why?"

He gave me another one of those looks, the ones I penned as his famous 'checking out my brain' looks. "Ehh, because we're gonna pick out colors for your room?"

"Oh. Yeah." I smiled nervously.

"So, after we get the painting done, do you want a tour? Maybe go down to the beach?" He raised his eyebrows up and down and glanced at me. I felt a tingling sensation in my stomache but composed myself. I knew what he was thinking, 'bikini or a wet t-shirt contest' or somthing like that. I knew because of the look in his eyes but I wanted to hear him say it.

"Why the beach?" I asked innocently while glancing at him.

As my eyes held his in a mini staring contest, he said, "Well, ya know...the sun, the water...okay, fine! You in a fine bikini!" he admitted, throwing his hands up in the air.

We enjoyed a moment of mutual silence, just thinking about who knows what, when he suddenly grabbed my hand. "Oh my God, I just remembered!" he exclaimed, his eyes wide with excitement. "I have to show you something!"