- Text Size +
Lexy headed to the park, she had her eclipse full of all kinds of goodies, there were like 5 cars behind her. They arrived at the park and set up volleyball nets. Kevin set the grill up, Nick brought the drinks, and AJ brought the non-alcoholic drinks. They played volleyball for a while, then the boys played football, as Lexy, Leighanne, and Lisa took the kids to the play ground. The rest of the girls were playing soccer, Marley’s idea. Lexy watched Nick play as she pushed Emma on the swing. Leighanne smiled-“You know, if you could look at someone so much to where they exploded, Nick would be long gone.”
Lexy smiled, as she blushed-“Uh...I wasn’t looking at him. I was thinking, in that direction.”
Lisa laughed as she raised Andy up in the air-“Uh yea Lexy...we believe ya.”
Nick laughed as he ran up to them-“Hey Lexy, I wanna show you the river. It looks beautiful Come on.”
She looked at the girls, Lisa smiled-“Go ahead, I’ll watch Emma.”
Lexy smiled-“Thanks.” She followed Nick to the woods, they walked and talk about everything possible. They talked about the dirt, the ants, the birds and the bees(haha not those birds and bees) They got to the river and he smiled-“Isn’t that the prettiest thing? It’s so clear.”
She looked down into the water, she could see little fish swimming around. She laughed-“yes it’s beautiful especially with the sun beaming into it.”
He smiled-“Come here look, you can step on the stones to get to the other side over here!”
She followed him confused-“Now, why would I want to do that?”
He laughed as he looked back at her-“Because the path ends on this side, but I want to show you the water fall!”
She nodded as she walked behind him, they stepped on the stones he got across faster than she did, he helped her in the last ones since it was slippery. They kept walking and he finally showed her the waterfall. It was beautiful, there was a rainbow from the sun’s reflection. She smiled-“Oh wow! It looks so pretty, Nick this is really nice.”
He smiled as made a pebble skid-“Yea, I come think here too.”
She walked over to the water, she took her shoes off and walked in. It was cold, she squeaked a little then kept walking. The cool smooth rocks moved under her feet, she smiled when she turned around and saw Nick smiling. He started taking his shoes off, to join her. They walked down the river in the water, talking about their families, and how grateful she was that hers was back together. Nick smiled proudly-“That was because of me!”
She laughed-“Yea it was. Thank you.”
They walked further down the river, then Nick smiled devilishly. She knew what that smile was for-“NO NICK! Don’t even start!”
He laughed as he started jumping up and down splashing Lexy. She screamed as the cool water hit her belly. He then started kicking water at her, and she kicked it back. Nick threw his shoes on the land and tackled her. She saw him coming and screamed again-“NO!” He pushed her over and they both fell into the water. By the time they got back to the pic-nic area, they were soaked from head to toe.
Kevin looked at them and shook his head-“Oh my Lord. What did you two do? I swear you can’t be left alone for a few minutes.”
Everyone looked at them and laughed, Nick and Lexy looked at each other and put their heads down. After eating, Lexy started shivering, she was still wet. Nick was also shivering, he looked around-“um...I think I’m gonna go home. I’m really cold.”
Lexy nodded as her teeth chattered-“yea ditto.”
Marley looked at her-“Oh Lexy, we rode with you but aren’t ready to go!”
Nick looked at Lexy-“It’s ok, leave your car. I’ll drive you home.”
Lexy smiled-“OK, thanks!”
Nick nodded-“Let’s go Emma.”
Emma shook her head-“No daddy, I don’t want to. I wanna play with Baylee!”
Brian laughed-“It’s ok Nick, we can watch her. She can even spend the night.”
Nick looked at them-“You sure? She can just go home now.”
Leighanne shook her head-“No, let her play. We’ll take her home.”
Nick nodded and they said bye to everyone. Lexy wrapped her arms around herself as the sat on the towel they laid on the seats.
When they got to her house, Nick smiled-“I hate to be a bother, but can I use your bathroom?”
Lexy nodded-“yea sure. Come on.”
They walked inside, she went into the kitchen to heat up some water for tea. Nick came out of the bathroom, they talked about tea. Then she went into the bathroom, she put her hair down, then looked up. Nick was standing behind her, she turned to face him and looked into his eyes. He didn’t say anything, he just cupped her face in his hands, and slowly pulled her in. She looked at his lips, then at him-“Nick...” She didn’t even fight it, she kissed him. He slid his hands down and lifted her shirt, the water was running, she let temptation get the best of her.
The next morning she woke up in Nick’s arms. She felt sick-“Oh no...what have I done?”
Nick stirred, then looked down at her-“Oh...I thought it was all a dream.”
She was about to say something but a noise caught her attention. It was the front door, then the worst noise she could have heard at that moment...Ioan’s voice.