- Text Size +
Lexy sat up, she threw on her shirt and a robe and ran out the room closing the door behind her. She smiled-“IOAN! Baby what a surprise!”
He put his stuff down,-“Hey baby. I know the director let me come home early...as a wedding gift ”
She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him-“It was a nice surprise!”
He smiled-“Yea, how do you like me being home a week before our wedding instead of just two days!”
She smiled nervously-“OH! I love it. You can help me finish planning.”
He was about to say something but a noise from the bedroom caught his attention-“What was that?”
Lexy’s heart started beating fast-“Um...I don’t know. Probably nothing.”
He stepped infront of her and walked to the room slowly. When he reached the door, she closed her eyes tight waiting for the explosion. After silence she opened her eyes, Ioan was in the room looking around...alone. He shrugged-“Must have been the neighbors. I’ll be back I have to use the loo.”
When he stepped out of the room, Lexy started looking around for Nick. He was gone, she looked in the closet, then turned to the window. It was closed, not locked tho. She then looked under the bed,-“where did you go?”
Ioan scared her-“Um..Love? What are you doing?”
She jumped and hit her head on the bed post-“OW! Um...I was looking for Duchess...my cat. Yep, she’s under the bed, it must have been her who made that noise.”
He laughed as he helped her up-“Oh, that darn cat.” He put his arm around her shoulder as they walked to the kitchen. The rest of the day, Lexy couldn’t help but feel guilty for what she had done the night before. She pushed it out of her mind, she decided it was just a test to see if she really wanted to get married. And her answer was still yes. Ioan went to the grocery store, Lexy stayed at the apartment. She heard a knock at the door, she opened it and saw Nick. She sighed-“oh Nick!”
He smiled sheepishly-“Lexy...tell me you felt something last night?”
She shook her head-“I’m sorry Nick, but I have come to realize that last night was a mistake I’m getting married next week. It was one of those test to see if I wanted to get married or not Ioan showing up early was a sign...a sign saying I shouldn’t be doing that Nick...it was a mistake, it shouldn’t have happened. I’m sorry...I can’t see you anymore, till the wedding.”
He looked down, he was hurt-“No...you won’t see me at the wedding. I can’t go...I’m sorry.” He turned around and walked away. Lexy watched him leave, she cried.
She locked herself in the bathroom and sat in the bath tub, in a bubble bath and cried. She stopped crying after a while and just sat there and thought about everything. Ioan got home and knocked on the bathroom door, she let him in, then got back in the tub. He smiled-“Oh baby, I missed you so much.” He smiled as he started undressing and got in the tub with her. The whole time she was with Ioan, her mind was thinking of Nick.
The next few days were very hectic, they had a lot to do, in such little time. The only good thing was the bachelorette party. Lisa, Toni and Marley organized it, but all the girls were there. Lexy had a blast, she hadn’t thought about Nick in a while since she had been so busy. The girls even hired a male stripper. They danced and drank a lot, the boyfriends were worried but let them go ahead anyways.
Two days before the wedding, Lexy was at Marley’s with the other girls, deciding the last minute touches to the wedding. She was starting to get cold feet, and wanted to back down. AS much as it killed her friends, they made her stick to the wedding. The girls picked up her dress, and their dresses. She was gonna have 7 bridesmaids. After picking up the dresses they went out to eat. Just then she looked at a small store with magazine and picked up three magazines with her on the cover. There were pictures of her, with her face in her hands looking upset with headlines that read-“NOT READY TO WED?” There was another one from the charity ball, she was dancing with Nick with Headlines-“DOES SHE KNOW WHO SHE WANTS?”
She bought them then walked back to the table where her confused friends were. She showed them the magazines. Jen gasped-“OH no! How could they print something like that?”
Lexy shook her head,-“I don’t know but I can tell you something I am not gonna let them make shit up about me. Ioan better not find this, or else I will be in deep ca-ca.”
The girls laughed, they all then went home.
Later that evening, Lexy sat in her room, writing her vows when the door bell rang. Ioan answered it, then called Lexy into the room. She got up and walked to the door, she felt weak when she saw Lisa and two cops. She looked at Lisa-“what’s going on?”
The cop removed his hat-“Good evening ma’am.”
She nodded at the cop, then turned to Lisa-“What happened?”
Lisa sighed, she had tear marks on her face-“Oh Lexy...Nick...he...he was in an accident. A real bad one.”
Lexy’s eyes grew wide-“Is he ok?” No one said anything, she looked at all the faces-“IS HE OK?”
The cop looked at her-“I’m sorry ma’am. You might wanna come with us.” They followed the cop to the car and he took them to the sight. When they got there, Ioan walked with Lexy, his arm around her shoulder. He could feel her shaking. The car was crashed into the water, half of it was out of the water, the other half was smashed into the rocks. He had driven off the cliff, and hit the rocks. The cop sighed-“No one could have survived this accident.”
Lexy felt her knees go out-“Where is he??”