- Text Size +
Lexy looked around, she searched frantically for a sign of him still being alive, she fell to the floor and cried uncontrollably, Ioan and Lisa ran to her and held her as she cried. Lisa got in her face-“Lexy hunny...you have to be strong for me ok? We have to tell the other boys.”
Lexy looked at Lisa and shook her head-“I can’t! I can’t! He’s gone!”
They got her up, Ioan looked at Lexy-“Baby, Lisa is right, you have to go tell the other boys. I’ll be waiting at home ok?”
Lexy nodded, Ioan got in one cop car, and the girls got in the other one. The cops didn’t say anything, they just sat in silence as Lisa called everyone and told them to meet them at her house. When they got there, everyone was in the living room. AJ got up-“Hey baby! What’s going on?”
Lisa looked at Lexy, who just put her head down, so she went on-“Um...baby you might wanna take a seat.”
Kevin looked at them, his eyebrows narrowed-“Lisa?”
Lisa’s voice started to crack, she could hear Lexy silently sobbing. Marley looked at Lexy, she felt a knot in her throat and didn’t know why. Lisa sighed-“It’s about Nick.”
Howie rolled his eyes-“What did he do know? Did he break your heart?”
Brian smiled-“You brought us here cuz he broke your heart? Aww Lexy I’m sorry ”
Lisa shook her head-“NO! He was in an accident.”
AJ blinked as if not believing it-“Is he ok? What hospital is he in?”
Lexy shook her head, Kevin walked up to her and grabbed her shoulders-“What does that mean? He’s not ok? He’s paralyzed? WHAT LEXY?”
She cried as she was being shaken-“HE DIDN’T MAKE IT!” Kristin walked up and made Kevin let go of her, she fell to the floor where she cried uncontrollably.
AJ looked at Lisa-“Is this a joke? Tell me it’s a joke!”
Lisa shook her head as she ran to his arms-“No, baby it’s not a joke!”
Everyone was talking all at once, they all cried with their partner. Lexy’s phone rang,-“Hello?”
It was Johnny-“Lexy...turn the TV on...tell me what they are reporting is not true! Tell me that is not Nick’s car? Tell he is still alive!”
Lexy cried-“No, Johnny he’s not. IT’s true, we just found out I’m sorry.” She whispered as she turned the TV on.
The reporter was sad-“Today is a sad day for the music industry...well for everyone. Backstreet Boys Nick Carter passed away in an accident. His body is still being looked for but officials say no one could have survived this accident. Here we have footage of former girlfriend Lexy being taken to the scene of the accident.” They showed video of her on the floor crying. Lexy turned away, everyone else watched in sadness. AJ walked over to Lexy and wrapped his arms around her, she cried into his chest-“Why him?? Why Nick??”
AJ shook his head, as he cried-“I don’t know sweetie...I don’t know.”
She could barely talk-“I-I-I wish this was all a dream! It doesn’t seem real!”
Lisa watched, it only made her cry more.
Emma walked in with Sandy-“LEXY!”
Sandy had tears in his eyes-“Lex...tell me what I just heard on the radio is not true!”
Lexy let go of AJ, and walked over to Sandy-“Oh Sandy...it’s true. He’s gone.”
Sandy looked at Emma and let the tears fall. Emma looked at them all, her little mouth start to slide down-“why...why is everyone crying?”
Lexy got down on her knees infront of the little girl-“Sweetie, your daddy...he went somewhere. A better place.”
Emma looked around-“Where? Can I go?”
Listening to her made everyone cry more. Lexy covered her mouth, then shook her head-“No sweetie. You will be going with me though.” The little girl hugged Lexy, she wrapped her arms around her neck. Lexy cried letting the tears fall on the little girls shoulder. After what seemed like hours of sitting in the living room crying, Lexy got a phone call-“Hello?”
It was Ioan-“Hey love, listen I have been thinking. Maybe we should postpone the wedding, till you feel like you can do this.”
She nodded-“Um...let me think about it ok? I’ll be home soon.”
She hung up the phone and looked at everyone-“Ioan thinks we should postpone the wedding. Until I feel I can go on with it.”
Brian shook his head-“No, you should go on with the wedding. Nick would have wanted it this way, he would want you to be happy.”
Aj nodded-“Yea, remember in Weird World...how he sings ‘Sure part of this place would cheer if I die, but don’t let take away your beautiful smile.’ He wants you to be happy.”
Lexy could hear him singing that in her head, she cried the whole way home. The next day, she lay in bed, Emma laid in bed with her to comfort her. She watched on tv as they would broadcast, memories of him, fans at his house with flowers, and even celebrity interviews.
The next day, Lexy got up and kicked Ioan out so she could get ready. He went to Marley’s apartment. The girls ALL came over to Lexy’s, to get ready.
Jen walked up-“Hey how you doing?”
Lexy smiled wearily-“I don’t know. I’m ok.”
She hugged Lexy and went to the hair salon to get their hair done. When all the girls were ready, they headed to the chapel, to continue preparations in the Bride’s room. Lexy was in her dress, they were adjusting her train. Lexy hadn’t smiled much, through out the day. When she was all ready she looked at herself in the mirror, she felt as if she was just gonna break down-“Hey girls, can you guys give me a minute alone? Please?”
The girls all looked at each other, then walked out of the room closing the door behind them. Lexy sat at the dresser and looked at the mirror, she let the tears fall-“Oh Nick...why did you leave me? Why did you do this?”
She put her head down on the dresser and cried. She heard the door open behind her, without lifting her head-“Please just go away. I need time alone.”
She listened for the door to open again and close as they left...but it didn’t. She looked up in the mirror and nearly fainted when she saw...