- Text Size +
Lexy walked down to the grocery store down the street, after the amazing night she had with Nick she felt like she needed some air. She put on a hoody and some sunglasses, as she walked out of the apartment, she saw a few people start talking into their cell phone. She quickly pulled her sleeves past her fingers. She smiled politely to the people around her, then walked into the store. She bought some orange juice, cereal, then looked at a few magazines. US Weekly stood out to her, it had AJ on the cover, with a "Mystery Woman." She felt her blood boiling, how could he sit here and go out with other women, while being MARRIED to Lisa?? OOh when I get my hands on that boy I am gonna kick his...then she stopped, wait...me of all people should know not to believe these things!! She laughed at her self as she purchased it, then headed back out. When she got to the apartment, Nick was standing in the kitchen with the blanket wrapped around his waist. She smiled as she walked over to the counter and put the stuff down-"Good Morning sunshine!"
He turned around and walked over to her-"hey, where did you disappear to? I went to wrap my arms around you and you were gone."
She nodded-"yea I had to go to the store...actually I needed to get some air. Make sure that I am not living some fantasy...or dream!"
He smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist, he leaned down and kissed her. His warm lips greeted hers with a passion. She smiled as chills ran down her spine, he kissed her nose-"You are WAY too cute. So what did you buy?"
She pulled out the cereal and got a smile from him, then the juice. She stopped when she was about to pull out the magazine-"Um..Nick, I found this up there."
He looked at her, then the magazine-"woah? IS that AJ?"
She nodded-"With some mystery woman...should we call and let him know that there are new rumors about him."
Nick laughed-"Baby, you know we should never believe what we read in those things. We should always go straight source. I'll call the dickhead and find out if it's true or not."
He walked out into the den, she followed him-"HEY!! That's not fair, I wanna hear!!"
He laughed again-"You nosey little wench! Come on, you have to be really quiet! I'm gonna put him on speaker."
She clapped, but quickly hushed when she heard the phone ringing, waiting for AJ to answer-"'LLO?"
Nick smiled-"Yo...what's up bro? You busy?"
AJ was silent-"Nah, why?"
Nick sighed_"Is Lisa around you?"
AJ chuckled-"WHY? Did you call my phone to talk to my wife?"
Nick chuckled too-"Uh...no. I wanted to talk to you, but needed to make sure Lisa was not around."
Aj got serious-"Why? What's on your mind bro?"
Nick sighed again-"AJ you know you can tell me anything rite?"
"Uh...yea. I always do, man."
Nick looked at Lexy who crossing her arms, he shook his head-"Who is she AJ?"
AJ sounded surprised-"Who is who Nick?"
Lexy couldn't hold it-"OH don't you act like you don't know you good for nothing cheating..."
Nick placed his hand on her mouth-"Lexy!"
Aj got real serious-"Nick what the hell is going on??"
Nick glared at Lexy who had now turned away from him-"AJ...Lexy went to the store earlier. She bought US Weekly and on the cover, there is a VERY scandalous picture of you and a "Mystery woman." Who is she AJ?"
AJ was silent for what seemed like forever, then finally spoke-"Nick, you of all people should know better than to believe in what you read. Now explain to me what we are doing in the picture and what the girl looks like?"
Lexy threw the magazine at Nick, who looked down at the picture-"Well, you are standing really close to her. Looks like you are about to hug, when you open the magazine to that page you are on, you can see both of you at the mall, then at an ice cream parlor. She is tall, black hair, and thin."
AJ thought for a moment, then started laughing hysterically. Nick and Lexy looked at each other, waiting for him to stop laughing-"Oh man...ok here's the deal. That woman, is my cousin's wife. They must have cut him out of the picture because he was around us all the time. They were in town last week, I took them out to shop and stuff. If you don't believe me you can call them, or even talk to Lisa. She had some important meeting with some Magazine,so she couldn't go."
Lexy looked at Nick,then spoke-"So why does it look like you are flirting with her?"
AJ sighed-"Now that I am guilty of, I was trying to prove to her that I could make any girl melt by singing to her, close and all. Come on Lexy you know that is true!"
Nick shot Lexy a glare, she rolled her eyes-"Ok...I swear to you if you are lying to me McLean, I will kick you ass so hard you won't even know what got into you."
She walked away, angrily. Nick laughed-"Alright bro, sorry to bother ya with all that mess. We know better. Hey I’m bar-b-quin later, you and Lisa wanna come?"
Aj laughed-"yea man. We'll see ya around 6?"
Nick nodded-"Aight, later dawg." He clicked the phone off, then walked over to Lexy who was in the living room serving herself some cereal. He walked up behind her and rubbed her shoulders-"See...we had nothing to worry about.We really need to start minding our own business."
Lexy shook her head-"It just looked so convincing, babe...I would kill you if you came out in a magazine like that!"
Nick pretended to be shocked-"Well then um...don't look at next weeks US weekly!"
She laughed as she playfully hit him. He caught her arm-"you wanna go upstairs and um...have a little fun?" He winked at her. She raised an eyebrow-"Oh? what kind of fun would that be Mr. Carter."
He laughed-"I'll give ya a hint." He kissed her, then pulled her body much closer. She pulled away, then giggled as she ran upstairs.